SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-10, 01:43 AM   #121
LooseEnd
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

"radio.ini file not found"

I don't understand. I'm using JSGME. Can someone explain how to make this work? I've read through this entire thread (quickly) and all I can see is that a lot of others are having this problem.

Thank you.
LooseEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 10:13 AM   #122
Scottb8411
Seaman

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseEnd View Post
"radio.ini file not found"

I don't understand. I'm using JSGME. Can someone explain how to make this work? I've read through this entire thread (quickly) and all I can see is that a lot of others are having this problem.

Thank you.
Place the executable (RadioStationManager.exe) in the same folder as sh4.exe (just like JSGME). Sometimes JSGME will install into a FOLDER called RadioStationManager with the RadioStationManager.exe inside of the FOLDER. Please doublecheck your directory structure.
Old 06-15-10, 01:25 AM   #123
LooseEnd
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

Thanks Scott! That was easy enough.

I've got two extra stations up and running so far! When I'm using the radio in game though, the 'next station' and 'previous station' functions do not automatically stop on the frequencies. Any quick fix for this?

Thanks again!
LooseEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 08:01 AM   #124
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Copy and paste what's in your radio.ini so we can see it. It could be a couple of things.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 10:20 AM   #125
Heinz Von Hennig
Sailor man

Downloads: 40

Hmmm, for some reason it wont download for me ? I get an error saying im not logged in, Then I tryed the other link wrong site ?
Ideas or can some one repost for me pleas ?
Cheers
Heinz Von Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 04:28 PM   #126
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Default I hope you're still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker View Post
Wel, technically, until you start a career and do that, there would be no game save file (only a saved files folder, which is what you choose in RSM). Under the circumstances you specified above, there would no need to use a save file for the "prepare" function, anyway. The radio portion of the game handles the date just fine for new careers and "in-port" saves. It's just the mid patrol saves that have a problem with events replaying. For in-port saves, RSM does the same thing as if you selected "New career" when you did your "prepare".
I hope you're still around - its been quite awhile since the last posting on RadioStationManager. I used your mod way back from v1.0, and liked it alot. I have to start a 'New Career' since I just upgraded to TMO2.5 . I'll be adding a couple of stations as I'm getting tired of listening to the default music loop between the News broadcasts on the Washington station. Much more fun to listen to Inner Sanctum or The Shadow during some of the 'endless' patrols, like 'as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean'.

I will be using a SaveGame from my current mid-patrol before starting a New Career for testing. If all goes well, I plan to delete the My Documents\SH4 folder to eliminate any residual info since TMO makes significant changes to the NSS_Gato.ups file that is not picked up in the saved games.

One of my new stations will be 'Radio Mystery Theater'. The Events sub-folder contains programs like 'Inner Sanctum', 'The Shadow', etc., enough 30 minute programs to change weekly on the 1st, 7th, 15th and 22nd at about 18:00. Configuring the events.ini file for the gamesave should remark out all events occurring before the save date, and start playing for the correct time/date.

When finished playing the 30 minute program, will I only receive static, default music, nothing at all, or get a re-play until the next date on that station?

After I delete the 'My Documents\SH4' folder, should I re-configure all the stations to the 'New Career' status?

Answers will be helpful, but I will understand if you are no longer around.

Good Hunting
Old 08-10-19, 12:39 PM   #127
shortpeople
Swabbie

Downloads: 105
Default RSM doesn't like my sH4 save game directory

I recently moved my entire games directory from one drive to another and back again (to do a format of the drive)

I don't know if that move is directly related to this issue or not, but now I'm having trouble getting RSM "Prepare Stations for Game Restart" feature to work.

When I navigate to the SH4 directory in my Documents, I get this message... "
"The folder you selected is not an SH4 save files folder or there is a problem with the folder layout". The SH4 directory in My Documents should not have changed in any way when I moved my Games directory around... it is on a separate hard drive.

any ideas?

Salute!
ShortPeople
shortpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 02:14 PM   #128
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Is the partition lettering and size of the drive with the game, the same as what it was when you moved the game out, and then back in?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 07:03 PM   #129
shortpeople
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Is the partition lettering and size of the drive with the game, the same as what it was when you moved the game out, and then back in?

yeah, it was just a quick format to get rid of all directories other than my games directory.
Old 08-10-19, 09:21 PM   #130
propbeanie

Oh well, just an idea that the save data might be expecting a different drive letter calling... Something isn't matching-up for the game now...

Old 08-25-19, 11:13 AM   #131
shortpeople
Swabbie

Default RSM doesn't like my sH4 save game directory - fixed sortof

I ended up uninstalling sH4 and reinstalling. and deleted my SH4 folder in my documents folder.

now, with new careers, RSM is able to find the save game directory.
Old 06-17-20, 01:34 AM   #132
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Default Radio.ini not found

Just installed this and followed the instructions in the PDF exactly.

The RadioStationManager.exe file was placed in a folder called RadioStationManager in my game directory and when executed couldn't find the Radio.ini

Moved the RadioStationManager.exe file directly into the game folder and it worked like a charm.

I'd suggest that you either change the install instructions, or better yet, move the RadioStationManager.exe file out of the RadioStationManager. It's already in a directory called RSM 1.2 and that's what's shown in JSGME
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 03:52 PM   #133
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

See this thread has been pretty much quiet for some time.. but...

Is hoped that someone else has run into this & knows of a solution to it.

Have SH4 properly set up, & have it modded, game save folder set up with multi SH4, SH4.exe set up as admin, read only unchecked, all the stuff to have done, is that... done.

Started off on a career & added in RSM, latest version which is v1.2 (per post#1.)...

Started off a career, from the beginning, & am into mid to late '43, & for some odd reason, RSM refuses to do preparing the stations for date it is.. according to the save folder.

Every time I go to try to have it make sure the radio is up to date for events... I keep having it swear that I am NOT pointing it at a SH4 game save folder or... swearing that the layout of the game saves has been altered.

For 1, the folder I am selecting is an SH4 game save folder, it is the 1 that I set up using multi SH4 to set up, for the mod set SH4 flavor I am running.
( - FotRS-U-EN (v1.39) + Nippon Maru (beta v1.0) - )

2. Have NOT tampered with, altered or done ANY alterations to that folder or any part of it... at all.. so not a clue as to why it is saying that it may have been done, when it hasn't been messed with in any way.

So... am posting, in the hopes that someone MIGHT have a clue as for what to do, to get it working back, as it should be... hopefully...

Short of doing a scorched earth approach & crap can My career...

Which, sadly.. I will do, but only as a last ditch remedy...

M. M. signing off...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 04-09-21 at 11:28 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 12:09 PM   #134
garytwinem
Swabbie

Downloads: 787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
See this thread has been pretty much quiet for some time.. but...

Is hoped that someone else has run into this & knows of a solution to it.

Have SH4 properly set up, & have it modded, game save folder set up with multi SH4, SH4.exe set up as admin, read only unchecked, all the stuff to have done, is that... done.

Started off on a career & added in RSM, latest version which is v1.2 (per post#1.)...

Started off a career, from the beginning, & am into mid to late '43, & for some odd reason, RSM refuses to do preparing the stations for date it is.. according to the save folder.

Every time I go to try to have it make sure the radio is up to date for events... I keep having it swear that I am NOT pointing it at a SH4 game save folder or... swearing that the layout of the game saves has been altered.

For 1, the folder I am selecting is an SH4 game save folder, it is the 1 that I set up using multi SH4 to set up, for the mod set SH4 flavor I am running.
( - FotRS-U-EN (v1.39) + Nippon Maru (beta v1.0) - )

2. Have NOT tampered with, altered or done ANY alterations to that folder or any part of it... at all.. so not a clue as to why it is saying that it may have been done, when it hasn't been messed with in any way.

So... am posting, in the hopes that someone MIGHT have a clue as for what to do, to get it working back, as it should be... hopefully...

Short of doing a scorched earth approach & crap can My career...

Which, sadly.. I will do, but only as a last ditch remedy...

M. M. signing off...

I have this problem as well; apparently C:\Users\Gary\Documents\SH4 is not a SH4 save files folder or there is a problem with the folder layout lol
Edit: The problem was that the program didn't recognize "Documents" as a documents folder. Changing it to "My Documents" got the program working.

Last edited by garytwinem; 02-25-23 at 12:17 PM.
garytwinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 11:17 AM   #135
propbeanie

Maxwell Smart: "Ah yes, the old imbedded hard-coded "My Documents" line in the executable trick... Gets them every time". So Windows let you change the "Documents" folder to "My Documents" without issue?