SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-08, 09:25 PM   #61
marv2112
Watch

Downloads: 276
Uploads: 6

Thanks GWX TEAM! 2008 is going to be another great for SH3!
Old 01-02-08, 09:49 PM   #62
BellJack95
Bosun

Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact

Yeah right... like I said, wanna play in sand box ? Get stock version back with stupid tails and contact colors =] Come back to GWX when u're ready for it
Contact -why are you tossing around cheap insults on this topic of tails for contacts? When you make comments like your previous posts it seems kinda childish don't you think?

The whole point of Sigurd's original post, and one I happen to agree with, is that it would be good to have an optional mod that adds the tails back to contacts on lower realism settings. To me, the word optional means you could use it or not use it, as the individual player decides. If that was the case, then YOU could play and enjoy the game with your settings and others could play and enjoy the game with their settings.

I see from other posts there is a way to add the contact tails back if a person so chooses, and that the Dev team for GWX2.0 is not going to officially add them in the mod. So this issue seems resolved.

Oh, kudos to the GWX 2.0 dev team! You have put together an outstanding overhaul mod to SH3 (even without contact tails ) and I look forward to trying out GWX2.1 when ready!
BellJack95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 11:14 PM   #63
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

any chance of having a map contact version???
gimpy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-08, 11:20 PM   #64
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26

Whoa, everybody!
I think there are a lot of folks out there on this thread that have wandered off course.
Let's cool the rhetoric and get back to the minor corrections the GWX team is making to the incredible V 2.0 they released.
If there are other suggestions, comments, criticisms, arguments that you want to make, start a thread of your own. The forum is open to most legitimate positions, but let's keep the personal attacks in the bilge, please.
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 03:32 AM   #65
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

A thought...

While having the VIIC/41 playable sub and Med skins mods as "Optional Mods" is necessary to ensure maximum access by all players, it's a step backwards for SH3Cmdr users.

I had a thought the other day about the merit of providing simple instructions for SH3Cmdr users that tell them how to move or copy both the VIIC/41 playable sub and the Axis Med skins mods out of JSGME and into SH3Cmdr so that they can let SH3Cmdr manage the files automatically for them, rather than needing to remember to enable and disable the mods manually.

For example, the data folder under "\SilentHunterIII\MODS\GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub" can simply be moved/copied to under "\SH3 Commander\U-boat\VIIC41".

The data folder under the Med skins mod can simply be moved/copied to under "\SH3 Commander\Flotilla\907".

Nothing critical - just a way of ensuring that SH3Cmdr users get the best integration and gameplay experience possible.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 08:31 AM   #66
Kar
Seaman

Downloads: 1

Can you please fix this ?

I mean the head position. It was fixed long time ago but I cant find it and perhaps its not compatible with GWX.
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 08:55 AM   #67
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Yes, one of the Russian modders fixed the hair problem... but the fix also made the crewman's head green!

...which is why we don't use that fix.

No sir, we don't plan to fix that. All you need to do though, is to drag a crewman from a different compartment to replace him if it annoys you.

Sorry mate.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 08:57 AM   #68
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1
Whoa, everybody!
I think there are a lot of folks out there on this thread that have wandered off course.
Let's cool the rhetoric and get back to the minor corrections the GWX team is making to the incredible V 2.0 they released.
If there are other suggestions, comments, criticisms, arguments that you want to make, start a thread of your own. The forum is open to most legitimate positions, but let's keep the personal attacks in the bilge, please.
Exactly.

Regarding the decisions we've made regarding map contact tails in GWX... that train has left the station.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 01-03-08, 09:49 AM   #69
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
A thought...

While having the VIIC/41 playable sub and Med skins mods as "Optional Mods" is necessary to ensure maximum access by all players, it's a step backwards for SH3Cmdr users.

I had a thought the other day about the merit of providing simple instructions for SH3Cmdr users that tell them how to move or copy both the VIIC/41 playable sub and the Axis Med skins mods out of JSGME and into SH3Cmdr so that they can let SH3Cmdr manage the files automatically for them, rather than needing to remember to enable and disable the mods manually.

For example, the data folder under "\SilentHunterIII\MODS\GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub" can simply be moved/copied to under "\SH3 Commander\U-boat\VIIC41".

The data folder under the Med skins mod can simply be moved/copied to under "\SH3 Commander\Flotilla\907".

Nothing critical - just a way of ensuring that SH3Cmdr users get the best integration and gameplay experience possible.
Do I need to rename the "GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub" or should I combine the two data folders? If I just drag it to the SH3 Commander folder I end up with 2 Data folders, the GWX one and the one that is already there with Data\Roster\German\Submarine\ SSTypeVIIC.cfg.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 10:24 AM   #70
Paco
Captain

Downloads: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco
Great news, thanks GWX-Team

As a german player, I noticed a couple of misspelled cities and Messages(?!) in GWX. Do you have a scope on these "errors" and will you fix them?

Paco.
Can you tell us which cities please?
I have made a couple of corrections and wrote a PM to Pablo (a few minutes ago).
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 10:29 AM   #71
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Great news, thanks GWX-Team

As a german player, I noticed a couple of misspelled cities and Messages(?!) in GWX. Do you have a scope on these "errors" and will you fix them?

Paco.
Can you tell us which cities please?
I have made a couple of corrections and wrote a PM to Pablo (a few minutes ago).
Thanks.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 01-03-08, 10:50 AM   #72
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Quote:

Maybe it's a good idea to add this to the readme of that Med-skins mod.

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 10:56 AM   #73
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Quote:
A thought...

Do I need to rename the "GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub" or should I combine the two data folders? If I just drag it to the SH3 Commander folder I end up with 2 Data folders, the GWX one and the one that is already there with Data\Roster\German\Submarine\ SSTypeVIIC.cfg.
In
C:\Program Files\SH3 Commander\U-boat\VIIC41\data

Paste the 2 folders from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\GWX\MODS\GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub\data

So it looks like this

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 11:01 AM   #74
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellJack95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact

Yeah right... like I said, wanna play in sand box ? Get stock version back with stupid tails and contact colors =] Come back to GWX when u're ready for it
Contact -why are you tossing around cheap insults on this topic of tails for contacts? When you make comments like your previous posts it seems kinda childish don't you think?

The whole point of Sigurd's original post, and one I happen to agree with, is that it would be good to have an optional mod that adds the tails back to contacts on lower realism settings. To me, the word optional means you could use it or not use it, as the individual player decides. If that was the case, then YOU could play and enjoy the game with your settings and others could play and enjoy the game with their settings.

I see from other posts there is a way to add the contact tails back if a person so chooses, and that the Dev team for GWX2.0 is not going to officially add them in the mod. So this issue seems resolved.

Oh, kudos to the GWX 2.0 dev team! You have put together an outstanding overhaul mod to SH3 (even without contact tails ) and I look forward to trying out GWX2.1 when ready!

Heh.. cheap insult is low realism in GWX
Old 01-03-08, 11:07 AM   #75
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

How come I received radio message once which says: U-48 is having problems with engine and is returning to base.. But U-48 was my boat =] I must be having a clone somewhere out in the seas :hmm: