SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-21, 10:06 AM   #1
Eason
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Game crash to desktop Raid on Malta (incl. some newbies questions)

Hi, I am Eason. I have some questions about SH5 TWOS. Well, actually some issues occurred recently and I am quite confused with that. I installed TWOS 2.6.0.157 around Dec 2020 and the game worked great. The game run smoothly until the Mare Nostrum began. the game started to crash sometimes when I hit the TCx16 or more. Then I finished the breakthrough Gibraltar, Deliveries for Malta and Siege of Tobruk. The game was fine when I played the first 2 chapters however when I was playing Middle East Supplies, I remembered it was around mid July, 1941. The game suddenly started the transfer of campaign. It changed to the Battle of the Mediterranean. Then I continue to play the game and went to Malta. When I entered Malta the game crashed even more. tried a few times of getting in the harbor, some crashed before entering the harbor, crashed twice when I tried to get out of the harbor in periscope depth.

I remembered Win10 updated something on 12th-14th Feb 2021. Is it because of the Window update cause the game to crash?

I have read some thread in Subsim related on game crash to desktop and CTD. Most of them experienced this problem because of their mod. HOwever when I checked the JSGME there should be no extra mod activated that listed on the left bottom corner.

very frustrated

Can anyone know what is going on about the game? Any help that would be grateful. Thank you very much
Eason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 12:45 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
Hi, I am Eason. I have some questions about SH5 TWOS. Well, actually some issues occurred recently and I am quite confused with that. I installed TWOS 2.6.0.157 around Dec 2020 and the game worked great. The game run smoothly until the Mare Nostrum began. the game started to crash sometimes when I hit the TCx16 or more. Then I finished the breakthrough Gibraltar, Deliveries for Malta and Siege of Tobruk. The game was fine when I played the first 2 chapters however when I was playing Middle East Supplies, I remembered it was around mid July, 1941. The game suddenly started the transfer of campaign. It changed to the Battle of the Mediterranean. Then I continue to play the game and went to Malta. When I entered Malta the game crashed even more. tried a few times of getting in the harbor, some crashed before entering the harbor, crashed twice when I tried to get out of the harbor in periscope depth.

I remembered Win10 updated something on 12th-14th Feb 2021. Is it because of the Window update cause the game to crash?

I have read some thread in Subsim related on game crash to desktop and CTD. Most of them experienced this problem because of their mod. HOwever when I checked the JSGME there should be no extra mod activated that listed on the left bottom corner.

very frustrated

Can anyone know what is going on about the game? Any help that would be grateful. Thank you very much
Hi Eason

Try here...https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...34#post2564834

If you want quick and straightforward answer please make sure to follow first post for useful problem/CTD report...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 05:23 AM   #3
Eason
Swabbie

Thank you very much vdr1981.

The version is Uplay download version and yes I followed the instruction and the game updated to v1.2.0 works fine before I installed TWOS.
Here is my screenshot of the Generic patcher, main game folder and JSGME.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH5 GME pic.jpg (16.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg main folder cap 1.jpg (15.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg main folder cap 2.jpg (15.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg main folder cap 3.jpg (16.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg main folder cap 4.jpg (15.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Generic patcher cap.jpg (16.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-21-21, 11:56 AM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thank you very much vdr1981.

The version is Uplay download version and yes I followed the instruction and the game updated to v1.2.0 works fine before I installed TWOS.
Here is my screenshot of the Generic patcher, main game folder and JSGME.

High res pictures would be nice...Can't see anything on those screenshots.
Old 02-21-21, 11:46 PM   #5
Eason
Swabbie

Ok I just figured it out I need to upload jpeg file rather than png file in order to get the original resolution. Here is my screenshots. Thank you very much vdr1981
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main folder cap 1.jpg (91.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg main folder cap 2.jpg (90.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg main folder cap 3.jpg (89.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg main folder cap 4.jpg (92.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SH5 GME pic.jpg (67.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Generic patcher cap.jpg (94.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-22-21, 07:25 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ok I just figured it out I need to upload jpeg file rather than png file in order to get the original resolution. Here is my screenshots. Thank you very much vdr1981
Can't see anything wrong on you screenshots. Maybe some of the files got corrupted, it can happen from time to time... I would suggest clean game re-installation and re-downloading the latest TWoS installer (v2.2.22). That usually sorts out similar problems for me.
Beckup your gamesaves found in "C:\Users\****\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames" .
Old 02-22-21, 09:45 AM   #7
Eason
Swabbie

Ok, thank you, got it I will try this method. One more question when I finish the re-install then I put my gamesave in the file again and the game will work? I can continue the latest mission?

Eason
Old 02-22-21, 09:51 AM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ok, thank you, got it I will try this method. One more question when I finish the re-install then I put my gamesave in the file again and the game will work? I can continue the latest mission?

Eason

You should be able to do that , yes. Don't forget to delete all other SH5 related files from your document folder, this is crucial when reinstalling SH games.
Old 02-22-21, 09:55 AM   #9
Eason
Swabbie

Ok, I will follow the entire re-installing procedure. Thank you for the help vdr1981. I will let you know if it's work or not when I finish the re-install. Thank you.

Eason
Old 02-25-21, 10:35 AM   #10
Eason
Swabbie

Ok I just re installed the whole game. Cleaned all the files in my document and in my D drive before uninstall the game then followed the whole installation procedure but the game still crash. The game still forced me to change to the Battle of Mediterranean campaign when I was at sea around late July 1941. So I tried another save which is before entering Malta. the game crashed after my boat travel some distance not even entered Malta harbor yet.
Vdr1981 What should I do next? Does it meant that all the game save are corrupted already?

Thank you.

Eason
Old 02-25-21, 01:38 PM   #11
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ok I just re installed the whole game. Cleaned all the files in my document and in my D drive before uninstall the game then followed the whole installation procedure but the game still crash. The game still forced me to change to the Battle of Mediterranean campaign when I was at sea around late July 1941. So I tried another save which is before entering Malta. the game crashed after my boat travel some distance not even entered Malta harbor yet.
Vdr1981 What should I do next? Does it meant that all the game save are corrupted already?

Thank you.
Eason

OK...Try to start new "Battle of Mediterranean" campaign using "silentotto" cheat and see how it goes. If you like I can tell you how to "hack" your gamesave and increase promotional points for the crew...
Old 02-25-21, 01:55 PM   #12
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527

Good day
Did you also delete the games stored on the Ubisoft server?
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 04:14 AM   #13
Eason
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
OK...Try to start new "Battle of Mediterranean" campaign using "silentotto" cheat and see how it goes. If you like I can tell you how to "hack" your gamesave and increase promotional points for the crew...
Ok I just tried this method but the game still crash. My boat was approaching a patrol area, the time compression was around x256-x512. Then I received a radio message contact report the time compression dropped back to 1. After 5s the game crash to desktop again
Old 02-26-21, 04:19 AM   #14
Eason
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Good day
Did you also delete the games stored on the Ubisoft server?
Hi Muckenberg. Well, actually I didn't deleted the save game in Ubisoft server. When I reinstall the game, it updated with the save game from the Ubisoft server. However I tried to deleted the save game that downloaded from the server and replaced it with my backup save and tried to approach Malta harbor again. I managed to fired 2 torps then the game crash to desktop again.
Old 02-26-21, 06:06 AM   #15
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ok I just tried this method but the game still crash. My boat was approaching a patrol area, the time compression was around x256-x512. Then I received a radio message contact report the time compression dropped back to 1. After 5s the game crash to desktop again
Quite strange . I hope that windows update dont have anything with your CTDs since we cant fight that...

What about other areas, other campaigns ect? Any problems there?