SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-19-21, 02:45 PM   #2596
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I just found the issue, and it does have to do with the proper use of a keyboard, and my sprelling skillz (or lack thereof)... sigh...
ok....where's the typo?
or is the issue an improper use of one of the parms?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 02:59 PM   #2597
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Extra spaces are not allowed... especially in internal names... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 03:18 PM   #2598
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
If anyone else finds a ship dead in the water, or even run aground, please positively ID it, and let us know ASAP, please!
Does that include shipping in Truk Lagoon? I'd estimate 2-6 stationary or run aground ships on each of my visits there. I assumed they were part of the creeping TF issue and so didn't report them per se, but can go back to the replays if needed.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:45 PM   #2599
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Extra spaces are not allowed... especially in internal names... lol
ah. _US Pilots Raft#1

is that a new rule just for MIS files or is it universal?

LAA enabled
Old 01-19-21, 06:54 PM   #2600
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Does that include shipping in Truk Lagoon? I'd estimate 2-6 stationary or run aground ships on each of my visits there. I assumed they were part of the creeping TF issue and so didn't report them per se, but can go back to the replays if needed.
The ships at the docks, for the most part, are anchored, as are the ships in the Moen and Dublon Anchorages (like the Yamato Group at Dublon). Some of them were "pushed" out of their anchored locations by that rogue group headed for Kavieng. The ships pushed out of anchorage would have been those 3 DD, the Taiho, the 2 submarines and the Yamato. Run aground would have been 2 to 3 Aux Subchasers, depending upon spawn time & percentages. As I mentioned though, we do have Truk cleaned-up again, at least for this time period, for the most part. There will still be ships run aground, crashed into each other etc., but keep the reports coming in, because you never know - it might be something new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
ah. _US Pilots Raft#1

is that a new rule just for MIS files or is it universal?
Well, if you have a space in a name, it has to be in the name in the other file. If you accidentally have a space at the ~end~ of a line, depending upon the file, that could loom large... but I had a trigger name that wasn't the same between the tsr and mis file. However, that was NOT the only issue apparently... The mission no longer likes us, and is about to get the deep six treatment, and replaced with a new version... - btw, I have my scenario set for July the 10th, 1942, and I find a Nagato group coming out, traveling down St Georges Channel, headed for The Slot. I'll find them coming back north on the 12th...

Old 01-19-21, 07:27 PM   #2601
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Well, if you have a space in a name, it has to be in the name in the other file. If you accidentally have a space at the ~end~ of a line, depending upon the file, that could loom large... but I had a trigger name that wasn't the same between the tsr and mis file. However, that was NOT the only issue apparently... The mission no longer likes us, and is about to get the deep six treatment, and replaced with a new version... - btw, I have my scenario set for July the 10th, 1942, and I find a Nagato group coming out, traveling down St Georges Channel, headed for The Slot. I'll find them coming back north on the 12th...
could this line be the problem?

Extricate=Extricate

i do not recall a parameter named Extricate. shouldnt that be Objective=?

LAA enabled
Old 01-19-21, 07:53 PM   #2602
propbeanie

Naw. That's a line in the tsr file, and is what the "synopsis" of an Objective is. I just hadn't changed that one in the file at that time, but I do have something a bit more descriptive now. The Objectives are named in the mis file, and the tsr file is where the text that displays for those comes from, so the Objective "Extricate" will display as "Extricate" on the Captain's clipboard. You could make it "Extricate=Turtle Tracks Ice Cream", and in the game, when you are given that assignment, it would have the magnifying glass, and "Objective: Turtle Tracks Ice Cream", which of course would not tell you a thing about what to do, but sure would make you want to get up and go raid the refrigerator...

Old 01-20-21, 02:32 PM   #2603
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
For the record, I have made 4 entries to Truk Lagoon (June 1943) and found no misplaced ships of any kind.

EDIT- Correction, I did find one grounded Subchaser just North of the Moen docks. Forgot about that one.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 05:09 PM   #2604
propbeanie

Quote:
could this line be the problem?

Extricate=Extricate

i do not recall a parameter named Extricate. shouldnt that be Objective=?
OK KaleunMarco... I found the other mission now, and what I have in it that is different from this mission is - are you ready for this? A completely different MapZone that I am using. In other words, the Insert portion has a MapZone "Insert" that is used for that target. The Exfiltrate has a different MapZone on the other side of the island named "Exfiltrate" for the target. It works as it should... so this mission for New Britain now has two separate MapZones, one for each portion... Same basic scenario... It actually functions as it should now... As s7rikeback and I were discussing, since this is based upon a real life incident, we might have to add some variability to another version of this elsewhere... Might be fun, might be frustrating... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
For the record, I have made 4 entries to Truk Lagoon (June 1943) and found no misplaced ships of any kind.

EDIT- Correction, I did find one grounded Subchaser just North of the Moen docks. Forgot about that one.
Those confounded little patrol vessels completely ignore waypoints rather too often... witness Pearl Harbor, which you will still occasionally see them aground there... - Of course, grounding in real life happens all of the time... just not as often as in SH4 and FotRSU... lol

Old 01-20-21, 07:35 PM   #2605
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
OK KaleunMarco... I found the other mission now, and what I have in it that is different from this mission is - are you ready for this? A completely different MapZone that I am using. In other words, the Insert portion has a MapZone "Insert" that is used for that target. The Exfiltrate has a different MapZone on the other side of the island named "Exfiltrate" for the target. It works as it should... so this mission for New Britain now has two separate MapZones, one for each portion... Same basic scenario... It actually functions as it should now... As s7rikeback and I were discussing, since this is based upon a real life incident, we might have to add some variability to another version of this elsewhere... Might be fun, might be frustrating... lol
send me a PM with a file location and i will test it for you.

LAA enabled
Old 01-20-21, 08:46 PM   #2606
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Consistent CTD

Driving a Sargo out of Brisbane.
December 19, 1942.
11 completed missions.
Currently refitting in port.
Started in Asiatic Flotilla in December 1941.
Transferred to Brisbane Flotilla Spring 1942.
New Submarine offered after mission 6 and again after mission 9. Both refused.
Have made zero equipment upgrades.
Have made zero personnel changes since mission 2 or 3 although i did award some medals after the last (#11) mission.
when i click on the wall map to see our next mission, there is a slight delay and then CTD.
i snuck a peek at CareerTrack.UPC and our next mission is ID408 which is Insertion Spy Philippines 03.mis.
i snuck a peek at that mission's dotMIS and it has several entries such as this one: Insert Spy Philippines 03_Z
Your thoughts?

Addendum: the root cause is definitely the ID408 mission because if i change the mission to a different, eligible mission (ID168), there is no CTD.
also, i edited the MIS and TSR of ID408, eliminating the internal spaces of the names but that did not make a difference. the game still CTD at the same action.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.39_EN
200 FotRSU_NipponMaru_Public_Beta_v1.1_Build

LAA enabled

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 01-20-21 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-20-21, 09:01 PM   #2607
propbeanie

OK, anyone that wants to try this along with KaleunMarco, I'll leave this up for a day or two:

InsertExtricate.7z

It is a Single Mission file, based on the file found in the Campaign's PatrolObjectives, and was non-functional at the interesting part. It now functions as intended (at least, as of five minutes ago... ). This is set-up as a JSGME modlet, so download, extract to MODS, and activate. It does require FotRSU, for obvious reasons... You are in a Tambor boat, on a northerly course in the Solomon Sea, headed to drop-off a recon group. Beware of airplanes, Task Forces, Sampans, and anything else the game throws at you. Status Reports will not function in a Single Mission. I don't remember if Contact Reports do or not, but the campaign does load in Single Missions, so be on your toes... It is July 10, 1942, at 0710 hours local... Do not ignore radio messages... lol

Old 01-20-21, 09:10 PM   #2608
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
December 19, 1942.
11 completed missions.
Have made zero personnel changes since mission 2 or 3 although i did award some medals after the last (#11) mission.
when i click on the wall map to see our next mission, there is a slight delay and then CTD.
i snuck a peek at CareerTrack.UPC and our next mission is ID408 which is Insertion Spy Philippines 03.mis.
i snuck a peek at that mission's dotMIS and it has several entries such as this one: Insert Spy Philippines 03_Z
Your thoughts?

Ahoy...

Your experience, sounds eerily like mine, as outlined as follows:

Driving a Sargo

Transferred to... Surabaya, right after the collapse of Manilla.

Had made zero equipment upgrades.

Had made zero personnel changes.

when I went to click on the wall map to see our next mission, there was a slight delay and then CTD.

Only difference, I didn't know to save the bloody game save so as to pin it down definitively... but, that could well be the mission that bolloxed Me up, when that same thing happened...

Could very well have found the culprit there, KaleunMarco....

I hope so, so that can be neutered in the bud... snip snip...

M. M.

Old 01-20-21, 09:13 PM   #2609
propbeanie

Quote:
December 19, 1942.
11 completed missions.
Your thoughts?

The mis and tsr are fine. That "Insert Spy Philippines 03_Z" is the name of the MapZone where you make the drop. The "Insert Spy Philippines 03_L" is the green map Patrol Marker. The Objective is "Insert Spy Philippines 03_Obj1", which uses that MapZone. That's all there is to the mission, besides the briefing and synopsis. What date did you arrive back at Brisbane, what date does it show you to depart, and which boat are you in? I'm leaning more toward something "external"... in other words, that pause sounds like you are starting to spawn into the game itself, and there is something amiss in the neighborhood around you on that particular date. maybe...

btw, no conn change? Gun change? AA change? radar change?

Old 01-20-21, 09:17 PM   #2610
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: test monkey... sign Me up...

Quote:
OK, anyone that wants to try this along with KaleunMarco, I'll leave this up for a day or two:

InsertExtricate.7z

It is a Single Mission file, based on the file found in the Campaign's PatrolObjectives, and was non-functional at the interesting part. It now functions as intended (at least, as of five minutes ago... ). This is set-up as a JSGME modlet, so download, extract to MODS, and activate. It does require FotRSU, for obvious reasons... You are in a Tambor boat, on a northerly course in the Solomon Sea, headed to drop-off a recon group. Beware of airplanes, Task Forces, Sampans, and anything else the game throws at you. Status Reports will not function in a Single Mission. I don't remember if Contact Reports do or not, but the campaign does load in Single Missions, so be on your toes... It is July 10, 1942, at 0710 hours local... Do not ignore radio messages... lol
Ahoy, propbeanie...

I'll volu... erhm, sign up to be a test drive monkey...

M. M.