SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-24, 09:38 AM   #5911
nionios
Sparky

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Balao is an odd beast if you accept the assignment to one too early. It will make it impossible to dock the boat, and as far as we can tell, in perpetuity... If you can, post your JSGME activated mod list, what boat you had, where you sailed from and the date. Then, what base did you return to with that boat, when your were given the Balao, and the date of that. Did you make any Saves during the patrol? Any prior to docking back at your home port prior to the Balao assignment? I haven't had much time to attempt tests to get an early Balao lately, but I was looking at possibly trying to figure-out a way to correct the files - if the game allows that...

Thanks for your reply.
I use only the main FOTRSU mod. Tulagi was already my home base when I was offered and accepted the Balao on 13 May 1943 and started the new patrol on 5 June.
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-24, 03:21 PM   #5912
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I use only the main FOTRSU mod. Tulagi was already my home base when I was offered and accepted the Balao on 13 May 1943 and started the new patrol on 5 June.
yep, you got bit by the i-accepted-an-upgrade-to-Balao-too-early bug.

lol. you will need to sail around until at least August 1st before you will be able to dock. that's a long time between beers.

you can keep the mission going by stopping at any designated port and "refit" until after 8/1/43 or start a new career or, if you have your saves, go back to mission where you accepted the Balao upgrade and refuse it, then carry on.

either way, have fun with it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-24, 04:49 PM   #5913
nionios
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
lol. you will need to sail around until at least August 1st before you will be able to dock. that's a long time between beers.

It's late August and still can't dock at Tulagi.
Old 04-14-24, 06:46 AM   #5914
nionios
Sparky

Quote:

So do you suggest me to wait for time to pass and test if "End patrol" become available or ,as propbeanie said in previous post, :" It will make it impossible to dock the boat, and as far as we can tell, in perpetuity..."
Old 04-14-24, 03:00 PM   #5915
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
So do you suggest me to wait for time to pass and test if "End patrol" become available or ,as propbeanie said in previous post, :" It will make it impossible to dock the boat, and as far as we can tell, in perpetuity..."
i have been thinking about that since you responded with the fact that August 1st has come and gone and Tulagi has still not enabled itself as your home base.

i guess my last two suggestions are your alternatives: start a new career or load a save just prior to your accepting the Balao upgrade and refuse the upgrade.

there is documentation either in the FOTRSU Page 1 post or in the files that are part of the download that suggest that one NOT accept certain upgrades until after certain dates. Gatos, Balaos, and Tenchs are the boats with these date limitations. if i find it i'll post it.

LAA enabled
Old 04-15-24, 08:13 AM   #5916
nionios
Sparky

Quote:
i have been thinking about that since you responded with the fact that August 1st has come and gone and Tulagi has still not enabled itself as your home base.

i guess my last two suggestions are your alternatives: start a new career or load a save just prior to your accepting the Balao upgrade and refuse the upgrade.

there is documentation either in the FOTRSU Page 1 post or in the files that are part of the download that suggest that one NOT accept certain upgrades until after certain dates. Gatos, Balaos, and Tenchs are the boats with these date limitations. if i find it i'll post it.

Thanks.
It's 3rd of September and still nothing but I've already loaded a previous save prior to Balao upgrade.
Old 04-15-24, 08:25 PM   #5917
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thanks.
It's 3rd of September and still nothing but I've already loaded a previous save prior to Balao upgrade.
more than likely, you will offered that Balao upgrade within three missions, which will hopefully occur after August 1, 1943.

LAA enabled
Old 04-15-24, 09:32 PM   #5918
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Thanks.
Look in the Support \Extra_Info folder of the modded game for "BoatsByMonth.pdf", and that has a spreadsheet from v1.7, which while not 100% accurate, is generally pretty close - except the Balao. At Tulagi (FI), the Balao is there for a portion of August, September, and then goes to Milne Bay in October.

The boat is first available at Mare Island for New Construction in mid-May of 1943, does the trials and then transfers to Brisbane in July of 1943, for a first assignment in August. It will then transfer to Milne Bay in November 1943. The boat does move around a lot... except at Pearl, from September 1943 onward, and Midway from October 1943 onward.

We have a plan for the next version, but have not had time to fully test all of the possible idiosyncrasies. It's a good plan... it just has to be implemented yet...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote