SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-11, 02:00 PM   #46
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Just installed the mod with stoianm renow costs zero. I´m still in 1940 (Type VII/C) but every item is available: decoys, RWR and so on. Is it supposed to be that way or did I do something wrong?
Not really. I mentioned that the Availability Dates and Renown Costs still need to be adjusted so I still have some research to do unless someone already has that info and wants to share it.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 02:28 PM   #47
Jaguar
Officer

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Not really. I mentioned that the Availability Dates and Renown Costs still need to be adjusted so I still have some research to do unless someone already has that info and wants to share it.
Thanks. It seems I didn´t paid attention. In the meantime, is there a file where I can find the Availability Dates so I can choose the devices only when historically correct? Your mod is great btw .
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 03:50 PM   #48
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:

Change to keep Rod Radio Antenna from Extending:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3128
Hi Beast. Would it be possible to make a version of radio rod fix based on IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting. I want to use your fix but a lot of people are using IRAI and have the no hydro, no aircraft spotting fix in their mod setup. If I use your fix, it will overwrite this IRAI file.

Last edited by Dignan; 04-06-11 at 05:13 PM.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 09:31 PM   #49
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Hi Beast. Would it be possible to make a version of radio rod fix based on IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting. I want to use your fix but a lot of people are using IRAI and have the no hydro, no aircraft spotting fix in their mod setup. If I use your fix, it will overwrite this IRAI file.
No Hydrophone on Surface was already done last night. I updated the Download and added change to history but did not change MOD version number because I intended that change to be there from the start.

The GHG and KDB Hydrophone no longer work while surfaced.
The Balkan Gerat does worked on surfaced and this is correct.

Not sure if I agree with this change. I will have to examine the Visual Sensor settings before I change ability to spot Aircraft. If I am on Patrol, submerge at Periscope depth with Periscope(s) up. The Watch Crew should man the Periscope(s) unless I am using one. So Aircraft should be spotted.
If I am Submerge and Periscope(s) are down and Aircraft are still spotted, then I will change this setting.

Old 04-06-11, 09:50 PM   #50
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

little update about the radar...

started a "Open Horizons" campaign and equipped the boat with the latest/advanced radar system aviable in March 43 (FuMo-65).

...by the way some icons while fitting are not showing for some equipments, same for some "a fist full emblems" emblems, did i something wrong by installing the fist optional mod and after that Stoi`s little cheat also using fist optional mod) ???

ok... so far, leaved port and after some days, medium fog crawled up the water and i decided to switch on that nice new turning radar antenna...

...12 hours later wind at 3m/s TC drops to 1, my radar warning receiver (FuG 26 Tunis) reports radar signals detected (via message box, no sound or voice or something, would be nice to have), so i decided to manualy check the radar screen. After watching it for 2 minutes i found 2 sometimes 3 medium sized spikes, indicating a contact range of about 8,5 km, bearing 300 deg of bow. After some maneuvering and turnings i also found that the indicated contact bearing is wrong, the scale writing on the turning wheel is mirrored, so in reality the contacts had a bearing of 60 deg. (old SH3 bug ?).

...used the free cam to investigate this spikes and found a hunter / killer group, not noticing that i used my radar for 10 minutes to detect them (maybe their equipment was to old for my high resolution radar ? (which i was able to fit in March 43).

another question, may it be that the radio man isnt reporting new radar contacts because of not beeing skilled using special abilitys ? (Radar direction finder ability (which should boost radar range for him or the sensor ?) is disabled using "No Magic Skills" mod. (required entrys in messageRA.cfg are present).

Last edited by Stormfly; 04-06-11 at 10:51 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 10:42 PM   #51
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
started a "Open Horizons" campaign and equipped the boat with the latest/advanced radar system aviable in March 43 (just forgot the name of it).

...by the way some icons while fitting are not showing for some equipments, same for some "a fist full emblems" emblems, did i something wrong by installing the fist optional mod and after that Stoi`s little cheat also using fist optional mod) ???
I also use Open Horizons

Install Order for use with A Fist Full of Emblems:
NOTE: The following MOD's should be installed last in this order.

1. Fist Full of Emblems
1(a). Fist Full of Emblems (Weathered) <--Optional
2. Equipem Upgrades Fix
3. Equip Upgrades AFFOE
4. stoianm's no renown cost for Equip Upgd Fix and AFFOE.

If stoianm made no renown cost for Fist Full of Emblems(AFFOE) version of Equipment and Upgrades Fix, it would install last.

I have done extensive testing with my version and all textures are rendered.
Quote:
After watching it for 2 minutes i found 2 sometimes 3 medium sized spikes, indicating a contact range of about 8,5 km in 300 deg of bow. After some maneuvering and turnings i also found that the indicated contact heading is wrong, the scale writing on the turning wheel is mirrored, so in reality the contacts had a bearing of 60 deg. (old SH3 bug ?).

...used the free cam to investigate this spikes and found a hunter / killer group, not noticing that i used my radar for 10 minutes to detect them (maybe their equipment was to old for my high resolution radar ? (which i was able to get in March 43).

another question, may it be that the radio man isnt reporting new radar contacts because of not beeing skilled using special abilitys ? (Radar direction finder ability (which should boost radar range for him or the sensor ?) is disabled using "No Magic Skills" mod. (required entrys in messageRA.cfg are present).
All the Bugs you point out are SH5 Bugs. They are not created by this MOD. They existed before this MOD and should be redirected to UbiSoft.

There is so many Bugs in SH5, it is what made me uninstall and shelf the game in June 2010 last year.
I just started playing SH5 again a few weeks ago.
It is "my opinion" that Stock - Out of Box - SH5 does not even meet BETA testing requirements but I wasn't the one setting release cryteria. I have said this many times in the past.

Old 04-06-11, 11:22 PM   #52
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

it wasnt my intension to post bad things about your work or that there are maybe bad bad bugs in it, i enjoy what you did, plz dont get me wrong !

i posted about the SH5 radar and what i saw in combination with your mod. (edited my post regarding used equipment)

i wrote what i saw helping to fix SH5 or maybe also your mod if it is fixable by the community (you know if there is a bug or not without feedback ? ok but i cant know that you know ). I also read about availability dates have to be tuned and so on and understand additional feedback would be nice to have.

plz also take in account, SH5 have still so many bugs that it is hard to tell who knows about them and who not, i for my part had my first session using it in SH5 because of your mod... and trust me, i enjoyed it !

keep up the good work !

Last edited by Stormfly; 04-06-11 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-06-11, 11:37 PM   #53
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
it wasnt my intension to post bad things about your work or that there are maybe bad bad bugs in it, i enjoy what you did, plz dont get me wrong !

i posted about the SH5 radar and what i saw in combination with your mod. (edited my post regarding used equipment)

i wrote what i saw helping to fix SH5 or maybe also your mod if it is fixable by the community (you know if there is a bug or not without feedback ? ok but i cant know that you know ). I also read about availability dates have to be tuned and so on and understand additional feedback would be nice to have.

plz also take in account, SH5 have still so many bugs that it is hard to tell who knows about them and who not, i for my part had my first session using it in SH5 because of you mod... and trust me, i enjoyed it !

keep up the good work !
I was not barking at you. If it appears that way, I am sorry. I am just still upset that UbiSoft released SH5 in such a poor state and it does not appear they plan to fix it.
All of these bugs and many many more have already been reported to UbiSoft last year and nothing has happened. It appears as though they got their money and washed their hands of it, other then using the Game Loader as Advertising Tool.

Old 04-07-11, 12:01 AM   #54
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
I was not barking at you. If it appears that way, I am sorry. I am just still upset that UbiSoft released SH5 in such a poor state and it does not appear they plan to fix it.
All of these bugs and many many more have already been reported to UbiSoft last year and nothing has happened. It appears as though they got their money and washed their hands of it, other then using the Game Loader as Advertising Tool.
yes so true,

ithink by reaching the deadline they realized that they did to much crap with it and also having a very bad feeling about the strong simmer community which are ready and willing to lighten the torches for a visit.

But ithink they expected low sales, they just wanted to test that DRM "feature" with us rabbits, by not taking in account a maybe possible huge loss of company repurtation, duo to not having some kind of risk management, or do they have some ??? ...who cares about some ill sub zombies ?

Old 04-07-11, 06:52 AM   #55
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:
No Hydrophone on Surface was already done last night. I updated the Download and added change to history but did not change MOD version number because I intended that change to be there from the start.

The GHG and KDB Hydrophone no longer work while surfaced.
The Balkan Gerat does worked on surfaced and this is correct.

Not sure if I agree with this change. I will have to examine the Visual Sensor settings before I change ability to spot Aircraft. If I am on Patrol, submerge at Periscope depth with Periscope(s) up. The Watch Crew should man the Periscope(s) unless I am using one. So Aircraft should be spotted.
If I am Submerge and Periscope(s) are down and Aircraft are still spotted, then I will change this setting.
Much appreciated!
Old 04-11-11, 01:10 AM   #56
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
little update about the radar...

started a "Open Horizons" campaign and equipped the boat with the latest/advanced radar system aviable in March 43 (FuMo-65).

...12 hours later wind at 3m/s TC drops to 1, my radar warning receiver (FuG 26 Tunis) reports radar signals detected (via message box, no sound or voice or something, would be nice to have), so i decided to manualy check the radar screen. After watching it for 2 minutes i found 2 sometimes 3 medium sized spikes, indicating a contact range of about 8,5 km, bearing 300 deg of bow. After some maneuvering and turnings i also found that the indicated contact bearing is wrong, the scale writing on the turning wheel is mirrored, so in reality the contacts had a bearing of 60 deg. (old SH3 bug ?).
I am using the FuMO-29 on Type-VIIC right now and not seeing the error for Bearing to Target. So the Texture is not wrong. Maybe I can reverse (flip-flop) setting for rotation in SIM to correct this issue. Change "0-360" to "360-0" might fix what you have reported. I will check when I get new boat VIIC/41.

Currently at night using Red Lamp, I can't read Bearing from Radar Bearing Wheel. I asked Naight if it is possible to make RR brighter at night.

Quote:
Even with Wolfi fully Trained as Radio Man he does not report Radar Contact's. He does not report Radio Contact either unless you ask him.
This is a SH5 Stock Bug that really needs to be fixed.

Also, the FuMB-391 'Lessing' and FuMB-26 'Tunis' Radar Detectors are the one Radar Detectors that are supposed show direction to the Radar Source. All other Radar Detectors are supposed to just warn you that a Radar Source is in your Area within detection range.
The FuMB-26 is also not supposed to be Round Model on Post 'Rabbit'. It is supposed to be square antenna mounted on the back Side of the FuMO-30/61/64/65 Radar Antenna so it rotates with the Radar.
The FuMO-391 is a Round 'Rabbit' Model that mounts on top of the Snorkel. It is close to being same stats as FuMB-26 but range is reduced because it is so low in the water when in use.

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-11-11 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-14-11, 06:21 AM   #57
TheBeast
The Old Man

Found this Upgrades Chart image in SHIII
Unless someone can provide proof of different issue dates, I am going to adjust dates to closely align with dates as shown in image.

Old 04-14-11, 06:49 AM   #58
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 02:48 PM   #59
TheBeast
The Old Man

Added a No Radar Option to the in Port Mechanics Upgrade List.

Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\Equipment.upc
Code:
[Equipment X]
ID=EqpNoFuMO
NameDisplayable= Real men need no Radar
FunctionalType= EqFTypeRadarAntennaSJEarly
EquipmentInterval= NULL, NULL
EquipmentSlotType=NULL
ExternalLinkName3D= NULL
Hitpoints= 10000
DamageDescription1= NULL, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, invulnerable, 0, 0, NULL, 0, 1, 1
Data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData\UpgradePacks.upc
Code:
[UpgradePack X]
ID= UpackUb7NoFuMORadar
NameDisplayable=No Radar
FunctionalType= UpFTypeSensorRadar
Type=NULL
UpgradePackSlotType= UboatType7Radar
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent=1938-09-01,1999-12-31,100
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=1938-09-01,1999-12-31,0
IDLinkUpgradePackElements=NULL,NULL,EqpNoFuMO
Info= ||This captain needs no Radar
Notes=
TrackingID=600
I will update the download soon.

Old 04-16-11, 03:09 PM   #60
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Hi Beast !

I use your MOD, but when I install the new updated "UHS-MOD 1.6 Repack" from here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1775

at last in my JSGME-List that overrides the File "UBoot_Sensors.sim" from your MOD !

Now my question: Can you please make a compatible version of the above file from your MOD that works together with the new updated UHS-MOD ??

Because I want to play with your MOD AND the new updated UHS-MOD and start a new campaign, but I think I must wait that both files are compatible, or ????

Best regards,
Magic