SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-17, 01:55 PM   #1
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1
Default [MOD] 2004 Campaign Update uploaded in the Downloads Gameplay Mods section.

Thanks to all who have downloaded my 2004 Campaign! I have just added an update.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5258

Mod Update: Thanks to Smokeykane's post on the Quick and Dirty 688(i), I have used his technique to remove the sailplanes from the SSN-21 and SSN-751 Flt III models sail and put bow planes on both subs. It's not perfect because the sailplane fairings are still present on the 3D Model, but it's a good fix until Killerfish releases actual Seawolf and LA fLT III models. A big thanks to Smokeykane for the tip!

And a "Thank You!" to LeopardDriver as well for the kind comments!

@LeopardDriver --

What settings have you used for theCavitationParameters= values?

Mine are set to CavitationParameters=21,-330 in the latest update, changed from the original CavitationParameters=25,-100...

Neither is working exactly as I wanted.

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 09-22-17 at 10:42 PM.
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 03:56 PM   #2
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Hi,
Thank You. I didnt notice it. Will try for sure.
Did You test it in 1.05 beta?

SH fan, btw. my U-boot Typ VII C41 Click!
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 05:09 PM   #3
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
Hi,
Thank You. I didnt notice it. Will try for sure.
Did You test it in 1.05 beta?
It has only been tested in 1.05 for about 3 - 4 hours of time by just myself. About 35+ hours in 1.04 versions. I have updated datafiles as updates came out so hopefully now problems. If you hit problems, let me know, and I will resolve ASAP!

Salvo Regards!

LTJG Beam
Old 07-04-17, 03:55 PM   #4
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Thanks LTJGBeam

You should really put a thread in the Mods Forum to announce this (I had a look but couldn't see one)

If anyone is interested jive Turkey is doing a playthrough of this mod - looks very interesting

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-17, 12:41 AM   #5
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166

Watching Jive Turkey video's and I am convinced we need a TMO 2.5 control panel...Just and idea in the conditions view we could make it as a depth gauge you left click on a depth and your sub goes there...Use the telegraph in TMO for speed and the compass for rudder control..Just my $0.02 worth...
Old 07-06-17, 01:09 AM   #6
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Hi,
downloaded but, I read readme and ... I dont like overwrite orginal files (especially when we have 1.05b now). So this mod is JSGME ready too ?

SH fan, btw. my U-boot Typ VII C41 Click!
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 10:49 AM   #7
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Hi,
downloaded but, I read readme and ... I dont like overwrite orginal files (especially when we have 1.05b now). So this mod is JSGME ready too ?
You don't need to overwrite the original files, you put the overwrite folder in the same directory location and the game will select it if it was detected. If you want to go back to original, then just delete or move the overwrite folder to another location.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 10:51 AM   #8
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Watching Jive Turkey video's and I am convinced we need a TMO 2.5 control panel...Just and idea in the conditions view we could make it as a depth gauge you left click on a depth and your sub goes there...Use the telegraph in TMO for speed and the compass for rudder control..Just my $0.02 worth...
Devs are working on a helm control panel where you can just enter course, depth and speed.
Old 07-06-17, 12:22 PM   #9
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
You don't need to overwrite the original files, you put the overwrite folder in the same directory location and the game will select it if it was detected. If you want to go back to original, then just delete or move the overwrite folder to another location.
Wiz33 is correct, just copy the "override" folder into the StreamingAssets folder where the "default" folder resides.

The original game files are all in the "default" folder, my mod is entirely contained in the "override" folder. Nothing in the "default" folder is overwritten.

Hope this addresses your concerns. And enjoy!

LTJG Beam
Old 07-06-17, 01:15 PM   #10
LeopardDriver
Bosun

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Devs are working on a helm control panel where you can just enter course, depth and speed.
Hopefully just a simple key board input will be there as well! Like in the original RSR, you jest needed to push F9 and three digits for depth and F10 and three for the course.

I want that! Also a key for the ships info panel, dammit...

Last edited by LeopardDriver; 07-06-17 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Edited: Typo.
LeopardDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 02:02 PM   #11
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardDriver View Post
Hopefully just a simple key board input will be there as well! Like in the original RSR, you jest needed to push F9 and three digits for depth and F10 and three for the course.

I want that! Also a key for the ships info panel, dammit...
I certainly would not mind seeing the RSR keyboard overlay being used in CW. Just need someone to make a new cutout that I can download and print ;-)
Old 07-08-17, 03:42 PM   #12
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Default New update to 2004 Campaign. Now sync'ed to 1.05b patch.

I've been asked a couple of times about merging this MOD with others. At this time, I am not willing to do that. The main reason, is that it will make determining if any issues that come up are in this Mod, or one of the merged Mods difficult...

I would prefer to keep this mod separate, until I have finished implementing all the components, and have guaranteed that it is stable.

Quote:
Read the following in the 1.05b patchnote:

"Number of functional torpedo tubes no longer limited to 6"

Does that mean we'll see 8 tubes in the Seawolf
Thanks to Wiz33 for bringing this to my attention:

That means I've added Tubes 7 & 8 to the Seawolf for the 2004 Campaign and have uploaded the newest update to the 2004 Campaign MOD.

There are multiple reports on the reload display issue. I can verify that on my PC as well. I am not sure if that is something I can fix, or if KILLERFISH will need to correct it. I can fire all 8 tubes and reload all 8 tubes but tubes 7 & 8 do NOT display the selected weapon when you are selecting what to reload. The game does do the reload animation sequence and display the loaded weapon when the reload animation completes.

Since there are no reload parms in the .TXT files, we may need to wait for KILLERFISH to correct this. I will do what I can in the meantime. For now I will leave the tube 7/8 active in the MOD.

I also am using this update to improve the "look" of the Seawolf in the MOD.

Seawolf has a Sail forward and stubbier appearance. She is wider than the LA and shorter as well. Because of this I've changed to using the Narwhal as the base model since it has a Sail Forward design too. I also turned off the TB-16 Towed Array/support tube graphic and the WLR-9 on the model to give her cleaner lines. Let me know what you think.

I've also squashed a few bugs that Jive Turkey has hit in his live streams (I think.) Files should now be completely in sync with 1.05b. I believe the "Flying Dutchman" Ship was caused because my campaign was written during the 1.03 - 1.04 time frame and a couple of files were out of sync.

I have not been able to replicate the Flying Sub. But that appears to have been squashed bt KILLERFISH in the 1.05b patch. The 1.05b patch notes contains the following notation:

Fixed a bug where sub riding too high in the water could "hover"

Weapons.txt being synced to 1.05b for example seems to have resolved a couple of glitches I had noticed. An example is you should no longer see a black screen behind the Kotlin Class in the Unit Reference. Syncing weapons.txt to 1.05b resolved that issue.

NOTE: IF YOU LOAD THIS CAMPAIGN MOD UPDATE AND ARE ALREADY PARTWAY THROUGH A CAMPAIGN, YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN AND OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING CAMPAIGN. IF YOU TRY TO LOAD USING A CAMPAIGN FROM THE OLDER VERSION, IT WILL FREEZE THE GAME. I HAVE VERIFIED THIS. SO YOU MAY WANT TO FINISH YOUR CURRENT PLAY-THRU IF YOU ARE REALLY FAR ALONG.

Here's an image of the new Seawolf:

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 07-08-17 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-08-17, 05:54 PM   #13
snowmaninurface
Swabbie

Downloads: 48

Hey guys, don't know if it's just me or what but it won't let me download this mod. A prompt keeps popping up saying how I need to wait another however many seconds before I can download anything else and I didn't even download anything to begin with. And then after I try a few times the message will pop up saying I've exceeded my downloads for the day. It's the second day in a row it's done this and it's getting pretty frustrating. Help! thanks
snowmaninurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 02:51 PM   #14
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmaninurface View Post
Hey guys, don't know if it's just me or what but it won't let me download this mod. A prompt keeps popping up saying how I need to wait another however many seconds before I can download anything else and I didn't even download anything to begin with. And then after I try a few times the message will pop up saying I've exceeded my downloads for the day. It's the second day in a row it's done this and it's getting pretty frustrating. Help! thanks
I sent the Moderator an e-mail asking if he could help you resolve the download issue. Hopefully he can help you out.

LTJG Beam
Old 07-14-17, 02:53 PM   #15
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 3:
Land War updated to match the Campaign Backstory. Extensive changes to the Campaign Map. All mission orders/events should now refer to Russia/Russian Federation instead of Soviets/Warsaw Pact. Adjusted some mission's number of enemy vessels since there are more capable units in 2004. Still issues with the Tube 7&8 reloads, but we will have to wait for Killerfish Games to address that. I left Tubes 7&8 active on SSN-21.

This Campaign is now relatively finished. I will attempt to address any issues reported, and I will keep it in sync with any patches released. Next up, I'm going to attempt a full blown 2004 Russian Campaign using the knowledge I've gained creating this. It may take a while though...

Thanks for all the support.

LTJG Beam