SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-20, 03:34 AM   #1
Captain Bearman
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Difficulty settings problem

Greetings,

I have the Ubisoft version installed from a disk and patched to V1.4.

The problem is i try to have a custom difficulty which is 66% but when i select the features i want and press save changes then return to the game it reverts to 42% and seems no way to change this.

Can someone help me with the correct sequence of how to make a custom difficulty selection persist throughout an entire game.

I did select the wanted 66% before starting the game, pressed save but in gameplay notice things like fuel and battery remain forever at 100% so i know the settings have not persisted.

So how is it possible to set custom settings and have them persist ? Sorry if it sounds a dopey question .......

Kind Regards,
Captain Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 04:58 AM   #2
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

So there's two places to set your realism settings. One is in the main menu under Options. The other is in the career office on the bookshelf to the left, the clock/radio looking thing. The only way to change your career settings is via that clock/radio in the office.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 07:56 AM   #3
Captain Bearman
Swabbie

Thanks for the answer ..... but i've tried from the main menu where the changes do not persist.

Never yet tried from that location in the office though i will even though it means waiting till docking.

In the main menu where i have tried it seems straightforward .... select the changes with appropriate ticks then press save changes then exit by pressing BACK .... that seems the only possible procedure yet when reloading a save the settings are again 42% ...... i dont understand how and why this happens.
Old 05-06-20, 08:37 AM   #4
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

@CB,
I'm fairly new to this so I'm guessing, have you deleted the SH4 folder in your documents then change the settings and see if that works, I'm under the impression your settings are saved from the previous game?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 01:26 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bearman View Post
Thanks for the answer ..... but i've tried from the main menu where the changes do not persist.

Never yet tried from that location in the office though i will even though it means waiting till docking.

In the main menu where i have tried it seems straightforward .... select the changes with appropriate ticks then press save changes then exit by pressing BACK .... that seems the only possible procedure yet when reloading a save the settings are again 42% ...... i dont understand how and why this happens.
Look more closely at what ETR3(SS) wrote. The "Main Menu" Options screen controls your Gameplay options for the Single (Quick) missions, Quick Patrols and Multi-Player missions. When you are on Patrol in a career, as it sounds like your are, the only settings that "follow" you from the Main Menu into the campaign are the display settings and the audio settings. The GamePlay options will be set to whatever the "default" for the game / mod are, which may well be different from what you set on the Main Menu. When you get back into Port and in the Captain's Office and at the desk, look left toward the window and click on the radio console as ETR3(SS) wrote, and you have another set of Option available. Each career you have running can have its own set of GamePlay options, and you would still have independent control over the Single Missions and Patrols as well. It is somewhat confusing initially, but really is one of the better ideas the had in the UI for the game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 01:36 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Look more closely at what ETR3(SS) wrote. The "Main Menu" Options screen controls your Gameplay options for the Single (Quick) missions, Quick Patrols and Multi-Player missions. When you are on Patrol in a career, as it sounds like your are, the only settings that "follow" you from the Main Menu into the campaign are the display settings and the audio settings. The GamePlay options will be set to whatever the "default" for the game / mod are, which may well be different from what you set on the Main Menu. When you get back into Port and in the Captain's Office and at the desk, look left toward the window and click on the radio console as ETR3(SS) wrote, and you have another set of Option available. Each career you have running can have its own set of GamePlay options, and you would still have independent control over the Single Missions and Patrols as well. It is somewhat confusing initially, but really is one of the better ideas the had in the UI for the game.
Captain Bearman,
the only comment i will add to PB's comments is that GamePlay options are also affected by the Degree of Difficulty that you choose when you start your career.
good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 01:35 AM   #7
Captain Bearman
Swabbie

Default Success with "office" settings.

Thanks everyone,

I tried the "office" settings and it works. The selected changes persist so it works.

At the start of the game i thought the settings from the main menu were the ones which would follow a career but apparently not and it's only those from the clock radio thing in the office which works.
Old 05-09-20, 02:00 AM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Captain Bearman!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote