SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-20, 01:21 PM   #1
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0
Default Ships vanishing bug?

Hey everyone,

apart from a bit of trouble with the sensors, I've never experienced any bugs in SH3. But now there is a very nasty one and unfortunately it seems to be persistant.

After I get torpedo hits on enemy ships, they disappear after a while. No no, they're not going down. They become more and more transparent and suddenly - poof! - they're gone. I can still see their wake, but the ship is gone. I don't get any "She's going down" message. But after a critical hit, when I get the ship sunk message, the same thing happens. Reloading the save dioesn't help. Reloading a different save doesn't help either. It happens with any ship I hit so it has nothing to do with one certain ship at one certain location. It happens with and without TC. Has anyone ever experienced this? Does anyone have an idea awhat the possible cause might be? I suspect ARB to be the culprit, but I'm not sure.

Here's my mod list

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_2017A
1500 meter bearing overlay
Restore Gods Eye View
Harbor Traffic Add-In
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
Thomsen's No Instant DeathScreen Mod V1.1
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey - All Leather] Patch
No Medals On Crew [Patch]
TychoSh3Patch_v3
ARB WideGui 1920x1080_new
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation
German UBC_FuMO_Fix_SNS_NYGM
New U-Boat Guns Fixed Reworked (for German U-Boats Compilation)
NewCamera_ARB
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
EnvSimAct_10
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 01:35 PM   #2
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

So it seems it’s in NYGM?...never experienced this, even playing with ARB!
It can’t be ARB btw!
Only thing i can think of, is ship vanishing when reached end of waypoint course.
But vanishing after beeing hitted
Don’t see what could be the culprit in your mod list either
Or maybe Einstein teleportation is finally working!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 10:53 PM   #3
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 257
Uploads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
So it seems it’s in NYGM?...never experienced this, even playing with ARB!
It can’t be ARB btw!
Only thing i can think of, is ship vanishing when reached end of waypoint course.
But vanishing after beeing hitted
Don’t see what could be the culprit in your mod list either
Or maybe Einstein teleportation is finally working!
I could be wrong, but I think I saw something about the vanishing ships and a fix for it....
Mmmm.... not sure....

CapZap
Old 07-01-20, 11:21 AM   #4
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

For starter's, this from Tycho's patch page:

"It is compatible with everything, but if you use "H.Sie patch" and "Stiebler add-on", "TychoSh3Patch" must be installed last.
This patch will not work by default with Steam version of the "sh3.exe"! In order to use it, you must first apply "H.Sie patch"."
Old 07-02-20, 03:03 PM   #5
Levyathan89
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
For starter's, this from Tycho's patch page:

"It is compatible with everything, but if you use "H.Sie patch" and "Stiebler add-on", "TychoSh3Patch" must be installed last.
This patch will not work by default with Steam version of the "sh3.exe"! In order to use it, you must first apply "H.Sie patch"."

I changed the load order, activated the tycho patch last and patched the .exe that had been previously patched with h.sies pach. It didn't help.

The bug does not occur in the naval academy torpedo mission. But in my campaign, I just intercepted another single merchant, got a perfect hit...and again, the map contact disappeared and the ship vanished as described in the first post. I'm getting kinda desperate here.
Old 07-02-20, 03:59 PM   #6
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levyathan89 View Post
I changed the load order, activated the tycho patch last and patched the .exe that had been previously patched with h.sies pach. It didn't help.

The bug does not occur in the naval academy torpedo mission. But in my campaign, I just intercepted another single merchant, got a perfect hit...and again, the map contact disappeared and the ship vanished as described in the first post. I'm getting kinda desperate here.
I've never heard of the problem you're having, but since it only happens in the campaign that means it is only with the ships used in the campaign, which can be different than the academy missions.
NYGM uses the IABL ships in that mod in the campaign, per the .rnd file included in the IABL mod.
That mod is not the problem, but something else may be affecting it. No proof, but I'd look at the TKSS files and that camera mod you have listed.
But you have a pretty good mod soup there and the more mods the higher the odds for problems.
I'd do a re-install of just the NYGM core files and the IABL mod and I bet you don't have the problem.
Then, add any other mod you want ONE AT A TIME with a test each time. That will eventually tell you where the problem is.
Lot of work, but if you want a big mod soup that's the price to pay.
Old 07-02-20, 04:07 PM   #7
Levyathan89
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
I've never heard of the problem you're having, but since it only happens in the campaign that means it is only with the ships used in the campaign, which can be different than the academy missions.
NYGM uses the IABL ships in that mod in the campaign, per the .rnd file included in the IABL mod.
That mod is not the problem, but something else may be affecting it. No proof, but I'd look at the TKSS files and that camera mod you have listed.
But you have a pretty good mod soup there and the more mods the higher the odds for problems.
I'd do a re-install of just the NYGM core files and the IABL mod and I bet you don't have the problem.
Then, add any other mod you want ONE AT A TIME with a test each time. That will eventually tell you where the problem is.
Lot of work, but if you want a big mod soup that's the price to pay.

That camera mod you've mentioned was a small fix made by Fifi, for a small bug related to ARB (something with the periscope view). Deactivating that fix didn't help either. Nor did switching back from ARB to MaGUi do anything. Which is weird, because everything had worked perfectly fine before installing ARB. Well, I guess you're right, I have to re-install.
Old 07-03-20, 12:02 AM   #8
Levyathan89
Soundman

But now that you mentioned it...literally all the ships this bug happened with were Liberty cargos. But why would a mod cause a conflict with one specific type of ship?
Old 07-04-20, 01:24 PM   #9
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levyathan89 View Post
But now that you mentioned it...literally all the ships this bug happened with were Liberty cargos. But why would a mod cause a conflict with one specific type of ship?

Well, if that mod only contains files pertaining to that ship that would do it.
Maybe look at the mods you're using and see if there's a conflict with the Liberty files in your sea folder.