SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-15-21, 02:56 PM   #16
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0

See this is why people use discord these days so they can communicate easier and use screen share etc to help people and not use this centuries old way of messaging on subsim. hmmmmmmm??? work smart not hard

Get on subsim discord so then i might be able to help you in a video call and show you how you open and extract files the old sh3 way

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 03:17 PM   #17
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi Again Flag4 at the steel sharks clan we use a program called team viewer and its free for private remotely access, control and support any device, across platforms — from anywhere, anytime.
If you download it and we touched base with each other i could have your SH3 installed with GWX Commander mod Commander Mod Config File and 4Gig Patch squared away within one hour its totaly secure you have a id number and a password the password changes each time you use team viewer and it only works if we are both online at the same time and you have given me your password download link below.

I live in Co Durham Uk but if your in the USA your 5/6 hours behind me thats no problem if we arange a time to hook up with each other ill be there and get your squared away i have used team viewer with guys from the states canada even austrailia

Regards blackswan40

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 03:26 PM   #18
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
centuries old way

Obviously you don't understand the Inter webs tech.
Old 12-15-21, 03:44 PM   #19
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi Again Flag4 at the steel sharks clan we use a program called team viewer and its free for private remotely access, control and support any device, across platforms — from anywhere, anytime.
If you download it and we touched base with each other i could have your SH3 installed with GWX Commander mod Commander Mod Config File and 4Gig Patch squared away within one hour its totaly secure you have a id number and a password the password changes each time you use team viewer and it only works if we are both online at the same time and you have given me your password download link below.

I live in Co Durham Uk but if your in the USA your 5/6 hours behind me thats no problem if we arange a time to hook up with each other ill be there and get your squared away i have used team viewer with guys from the states canada even austrailia

Regards blackswan40

I'd honestly go with BlackSwan here since he's willing to put his time in and help, I know about team viewer too and its a good program.

Old 12-16-21, 05:00 AM   #20
flag4
Watch Officer

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post

Regards blackswan40

ok blackswan. i'll go with that. i'm UK also. does that mean you have remote access to my laptop? as you would accept, i might have a few issues with that. and of course, nothing personal. just simple security concerns. if you could be so patient with me and just explain the process a little more i would be grateful. cheers, looking forward to hear from you, flag4.
Kurt Vonnegut
flag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 05:06 AM   #21
flag4
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I'd honestly go with BlackSwan here since he's willing to put his time in and help, I know about team viewer too and its a good program.

hey kyle9154
thanks for your concern and interest. i do appreciate it. as you can see, i'm thinking of hooking up with blackswan as a solution to this conundrum!
i'm a bit backward when it comes to social platforms i'm afraid. and i'm a bit long in the leg to catch up. thanks again for your support. and no doubt you'll see the outcome, one way or the other - here at Subsim!
cheers flag4
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 12-16-21, 06:39 AM   #22
kyle9154
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by flag4 View Post
hey kyle9154
thanks for your concern and interest. i do appreciate it. as you can see, i'm thinking of hooking up with blackswan as a solution to this conundrum!
i'm a bit backward when it comes to social platforms i'm afraid. and i'm a bit long in the leg to catch up. thanks again for your support. and no doubt you'll see the outcome, one way or the other - here at Subsim!
cheers flag4
No worries and you can trust people like Black Swan and Jeff and any subsim overlord as they donate and have a passion for these sub games. Anyone that has been on subsim for good 6 or more years knows the ins and outs and are very helpful.

P.S. Jesus look at the avatar they just gave me now....i'm not no goddamn crossdresser...I blame subsim for this, intolerable!!!!! ewwwwww

Old 12-16-21, 10:27 AM   #23
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Teamviewer... is where you have to accept remote control of what goes on with your computer... it's NOT a hacker, having attacked your computers firewall (or a crap ton of defenses, with firewall being but just 1 of them... ) & breaching it, for 1. You can go with unlimited remote access (only suggested if you 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, trust the 1 that has that level of access... only) to access where you are there with them...

2ndly... blackswans a good bean... flag4, I know... having worked with 'im before a few times (along with 1 other subsimmer) in getting another user of SH3... or was it SH4... has been, well more than a few to be quite completely frank about it.... set to rights & off hunting.

Heck, main point is... swan's... good people.

M. M.
Old 12-16-21, 03:39 PM   #24
flag4
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Teamviewer... is where you have to accept remote control of what goes on with your computer... it's NOT a hacker, having attacked your computers firewall (or a crap ton of defenses, with firewall being but just 1 of them... ) & breaching it, for 1. You can go with unlimited remote access (only suggested if you 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, trust the 1 that has that level of access... only) to access where you are there with them...

2ndly... blackswans a good bean... flag4, I know... having worked with 'im before a few times (along with 1 other subsimmer) in getting another user of SH3... or was it SH4... has been, well more than a few to be quite completely frank about it.... set to rights & off hunting.

Heck, main point is... swan's... good people.

M. M.

point taken. cheers:
Kurt Vonnegut