SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-25-13, 10:25 AM   #31
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by helm123 View Post
Too expensive for me. Best of luck to the developers but I don't see this moving many units.
Thanks for the wish! We'll do our best.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 10:28 AM   #32
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
How about discussing known things about the game instead of speculating on unknowns?
I like that guy!...A no no-sense thread!....The game might be good then!

I bought it today!
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 10:29 AM   #33
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
I respectfully disagree. This came up on the forum a year or two ago when people were speculating on a new Sonylists Subsim.

Basically those types of games with limited graphics and hyper-realism are only ever going to appeal to a very narrow niche. But it's a niche group who are likely to part with a lot of cash for the right product. I remember someone saying they would happily spend over $100 for a hyper realistic and customisable subsim.

It's much steeper then I would normally consider spending, but if the reviews Command are as good as the product looks then its a price I will happily pay.

DAB
Take all the time you need to decide. We are confident you will like it.

We definitely don't anyone taking the plunge and then regretting it, so we consider it essential that all our potential customers make an informed choice.
Old 09-25-13, 10:33 AM   #34
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
I like that guy!...A no no-sense thread!....The game might be good then!

I bought it today!
Thanks for your preference!

We have a thread dedicated to first-time players to help them get started, here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/an...ment.asp?id=26

You'll find tutorial videos, add-ons, additional scenarios and more.

Have fun!
Old 09-25-13, 11:12 AM   #35
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
I respectfully disagree. This came up on the forum a year or two ago when people were speculating on a new Sonylists Subsim.

Basically those types of games with limited graphics and hyper-realism are only ever going to appeal to a very narrow niche. But it's a niche group who are likely to part with a lot of cash for the right product. I remember someone saying they would happily spend over $100 for a hyper realistic and customisable subsim.

It's much steeper then I would normally consider spending, but if the reviews Command are as good as the product looks then its a price I will happily pay.
DAB
The same issue also came up with games like Steel Beast Pro PE and VBS VTK (pro version of Arma), and some gamers buy those games, play them, communities are created around them, and private servers come up for force on force games.

For some gamers the game/price is not an issue when it touches their area of concentration.
Old 09-25-13, 01:00 PM   #36
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm a dedicated N.N -player(*). Have played FC for years, Dangerous Waters. So for me this new game is what I'm waiting for.

For me it is the price, I have to wait/save money to buy it. I have read enough about the game, to know what it is and what it can.

The are some few things that makes my "want-that-game" a little negative.

My graphic card(according to req, you need 128), I have 64

After a few month the dev team, get tired and turn they heads to something different, like they did in Naval War: Arctic Circle.

But mostly It is the graphic card that concern me most.

Markus

* I can't remember what a player that play such sim games.
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-13, 01:26 PM   #37
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm a dedicated N.N -player(*). Have played FC for years, Dangerous Waters. So for me this new game is what I'm waiting for.

For me it is the price, I have to wait/save money to buy it. I have read enough about the game, to know what it is and what it can.

The are some few things that makes my "want-that-game" a little negative.

My graphic card(according to req, you need 128), I have 64

After a few month the dev team, get tired and turn they heads to something different, like they did in Naval War: Arctic Circle.

But mostly It is the graphic card that concern me most.

Markus

* I can't remember what a player that play such sim games.
The graphics RAM was a typo, IIRC it has been corrected. It doesn't really need more than 16-32MB.

On the second - not a chance. We've been into this for more than 20 years, I don;t think we'll grow tired of it any time soon . Our next project is not some racing game or whatnot, our next project is Command vNext.

We are far from being done here.
Old 09-25-13, 01:32 PM   #38
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburn View Post
The graphics RAM was a typo, IIRC it has been corrected. It doesn't really need more than 16-32MB.

On the second - not a chance. We've been into this for more than 20 years, I don;t think we'll grow tired of it any time soon . Our next project is not some racing game or whatnot, our next project is Command vNext.

We are far from being done here.
I can only guess what it could be

1. Some kind of a patch with some repair stuff

2. Multi player possibility

Makes me glad, so now I'm saving money to buy the game.

Markus
Old 10-08-13, 04:05 PM   #39
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Took 8 hrs to download it but definitely worth it.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-13, 01:26 AM   #40
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Holy mother of pearl! I've been waiting for this game to come out since there was a tiny glimmer of "The Red Pill" way back in the day. It gets released and I see the price and it's WAY WAY WAY out of my price limit. My wife would KILL KILL me if I paid that much for anything, let alone a video game. We have enough financial problems than for me to blow $80. I MIGHT have been able to swing about half that but even that would have been pushing it.

I'm so sad right now. Maybe I'll find it discounted a few years from now.
Old 10-18-13, 02:07 AM   #41
Sunburn
Warfaresims

The v1.01 update has been released, and resolves the most pressing issues reported by players: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1965

And we just had four new scenarios released: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=1987

And lots more on the way!
Old 10-18-13, 08:51 AM   #42
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
Holy mother of pearl! I've been waiting for this game to come out since there was a tiny glimmer of "The Red Pill" way back in the day. It gets released and I see the price and it's WAY WAY WAY out of my price limit. My wife would KILL KILL me if I paid that much for anything, let alone a video game. We have enough financial problems than for me to blow $80. I MIGHT have been able to swing about half that but even that would have been pushing it.

You'll find it discounted on Steam within 6 month!
Old 10-18-13, 09:02 AM   #43
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post

We are sorry that Command is out of your reach at the moment. We hope that you will soon be in a better financial position and when you do, we're confident that Command will win you over as it has done many others.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-13, 09:42 AM   #44
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here's an advice to Blacklight

Put aside a few bucks every month. Maybe one day in the near future it could be that Matrix has a special sail out and you can get command for, let say, 50 $ and you have saved 25-30 $

I'm also saving, I put 10 dollars(ca 60 Dkr) aside every month

Maybe i get lucky and I can get it cheaper, maybe I have to save up to what it cost.

Markus
Old 10-18-13, 11:09 AM   #45
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Here's an advice to Blacklight

Put aside a few bucks every month. Maybe one day in the near future it could be that Matrix has a special sail out and you can get command for, let say, 50 $ and you have saved 25-30 $

I'm also saving, I put 10 dollars(ca 60 Dkr) aside every month

Maybe i get lucky and I can get it cheaper, maybe I have to save up to what it cost.

Markus
And you could always, do as I did, since I did not like the product as I found myself misled by incorrect description, erased it from my HD and got the charges on my CC canceled.