SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-13, 04:45 PM   #46
Zander
A-ganger

Downloads: 346
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Wingerter View Post
Hi Sunburn I don't know if is the right forum or not but I an playing the chocking Halifax scenario and the side briefing said the the spec op team would launch automatically at depart 01- 02 I been there and the team hasnt launch any help would be greatly appreciative. fantastic game

Hi Lewis,
here is a link to a you tube video on using ground troops. It is done by Baloogan.

And his you tube channel http://www.youtube.com/baloogan.

Check at 1:40 where he "spawns" the marines.
Zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 05:20 PM   #47
Zander
A-ganger

In any event, select the Sub, then "CTRL + right click" the map, then select add unit, left click the sub, then you will have to make sure in the "pop up" that side is set to soviet, or russia... then under "Facility" on the pop up start typing "spe..." and you will get a choice of spetsnaz..., then just continue from there with goal\wapoints etc. You do not have to select the sub before , you ctrl+right click to add the unit, then left click the sub.

Lewis I went back and looked at that mission, and if you look far to the north east the spetsnaz are there and moving at 5 knots to the designated area. That mission takes over a day, so you would have to "change time" to finish it today. Once you see the spetsnaz on the map, zoom way out, left click on them and you will see their plotted course.
I play from the editor, and had not played that scenario before, so sorry if i may have confused you.
If you still don't see them go to game. order of battle, then left click on the "inf sec (Spetsnaz..., and the map will shift to their location.

Last edited by Zander; 10-20-13 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-20-13, 07:06 PM   #48
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Downloads: 282

Thanks Zander I did see spe force toward the top of the map. But the spec force I need is supposed to be on the sub( i think i read it right).
Lewis Wingerter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 07:14 PM   #49
Zander
A-ganger

Hi Lewis, somebody just asked about this at matrix.
Old 10-20-13, 07:17 PM   #50
Zander
A-ganger

Quote:
Thanks Zander I did see spe force toward the top of the map. But the spec force I need is supposed to be on the sub( i think i read it right).
I have got the spetsnaz to deploy, but only when I have played from the editor, but playing outside the editor I can create the mission but I think that in order for the spetsnaz to get there on time, you would have to have them on the sub. Where they are right now, would require a HALO mission.

Let's see if that poster gets an answer and soon.
Old 10-20-13, 08:35 PM   #51
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive bradbury View Post
Well, at least you are consistent - the sentence quoted above makes about as much sense as your entire argument on this thread. There seems to be no point in continuing the discussion -

'there is no use attempting to reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into...'

As I said some time ago, that ADVANCED Defensive Action is not mentioned in Tom Clancy SSN as I also said, that I used it in SSN because the physics of the game allowed it. Besides, if you have taken the time to read my illustrated post pertaining to that Advanced Defensive tactics, you would know exactly the dynamic of that action.

When one is too busy taking sides and building a case, one loses objectivity and narrows the scope of one's understanding, in other words becomes an exquisite moron. I don't make misleading statements that glows in the dark.

There is an older game which mentioned clearly the use of torpedoes as an ADVANCED Defensive Action. So maybe you weren't born yet when that game came out, could not read, or under intense observation for a schizophreniform disorder, to play or remember the game.

Since I am not in charge of your, or your boyfriend education I will deliberately not mention its name. However, I will simply hint that Neal Steven wrote a review about that game and underlined discretely the tactics employed.

Now, if you or your boyfriend want to know, you will have to spend some quality time reading "American/English" prose which appears so offensive to your delicate English Literature acquired taste and abused senses.

Hony soit qui mal y pense!
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 02:05 AM   #52
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Hi LW,

In order for the Spetsnaz team to deploy, the sub must reach the designated area by a certain time (specified on the briefing). So you must balance the need for stealth with the deadline you have. Likewise for the deployment fo the mines.

That little scen is IMHO more difficult than it looks at first sight.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 06:42 AM   #53
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Thank sunburn I will restart the mission
Old 10-21-13, 09:47 AM   #54
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652

It sure looks like one guy with multiple accounts talking to himself!...Split personality disorder!
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 10:14 AM   #55
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Thanks Sunburn I restarted the mission and didnt change a thing on the sub and the troop were deployed. Regard LW
Old 10-21-13, 11:36 AM   #56
Zander
A-ganger

Quote:
Thanks Sunburn I restarted the mission and didnt change a thing on the sub and the troop were deployed. Regard LW
Hi Lewis,

Glad Sunburn helped you to get going again, this game is too much fun.
I've been following a thread over at matrix, and it seems that a couple of people had the same problem. Sunburn posted saying to also be aware of the time limits. I can get it run sometimes, but only if I do what one guy suggested to play it out of one folder. I will create a screenshot and post next.

Sunburn was right, it is the time that matters for this event to occur. Great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg choke- halifax.jpg (95.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Zander; 10-21-13 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-21-13, 01:09 PM   #57
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Guys, let's stay on good terms, take it easy.

thanks
Neal
Old 10-21-13, 01:54 PM   #58
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Thanks Neal it was getting a little wild