Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-19, 10:20 AM   #1
timur-75
Watch

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0
Default Auto TDC Diffrence

Hello, uhm Ahoy forum members

I'm curious abot something. Is the auto tdc works same in both stock sh5 and twos mod?
timur-75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 11:11 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

timur-75!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 02:33 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > timur-75
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Quote:
Is the auto tdc works same in both stock sh5 and twos mod?
No. Stock uses the 1-2-3 circle principal for Auto Targeting, TWoS is based on manual targeting.
Game play changes need to be made from the Options menu to un-tick manual tageting.
The manual targeting patch in TDW's Options File Editorr Viewer needs to be disabled.
TWoS can be setup so you have the choice depending on your situation to use manual or Auto targeting.
Auto TDC in TWoS tutorial.
Auto TDC Targeting Without Using 3 Circles > Pictorial
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-19, 10:42 AM   #4
timur-75
Watch

Thank you guys for welcoming me.
I have got two more question marks in my head now THEBERBSTER.
I want to mention my versions first; Twos 2.2.13 (standalone version) - TDW's Option File Editor/Viewer 1.0.32.0 and the game is 5.1.02
So, I played stock and there was a circle sytstem (1,2,3) which is very bad. I know that. And I'm using Twos now. I prefer to use auto tdc so my in game gampelay manual targetting option is disabled everytime (both in stock and twos). And I didn't change anything in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py with OFEV. I checked out now and the manual targeting enforced patch in the xo tdc section is also enabled. So in the stock auto tdc you need to lock and then have to cover the numers (3 to 3 etc.) but I relized it's just like the sh4 or sh3 in twos. I mean I'm doing the same steps that you already mentioned in this linkhttps://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=146. And even better, I don't need to lock the target with space key. When I move the croshair to the target, the tsl is automaticaly calculated UNTIL when I move the croshair to another target. Lets say I have 2 targets, one of them at 0 bearing and the other one at 70. If I move the croshair to the first one tsl is already calculated and if I move the crosshair to the 20 bearing for example, it still calculates for the first target (I'm checking the tsl on tai in same time). And if I move to other target the calculations changing instantly for this target. Also I can you the manual targeting in xo dialog menu if I want to (It's a dream or something )
So the first question is, I didn't change the options you mentioned above, or didn't activate the cicrle at the Nav or Tai map opitons and I still have the system that we familiar from sh3 and 4 (based on manual targetin as you said). How? Is that normal?
And the second question is, the colors at the pictures that in the link yo gave is so good (the sea blue or earth green or rudder thing). How can I do the same? I'm afraid to add another mod over twos because of warnings at installing manual.
Old 08-22-19, 03:17 PM   #5
THEBERBSTER

Hi T
Quote:
I prefer to use auto tdc so my in game gampelay manual targetting option is disabled everytime (both in stock and twos).
Not sure why you say disabled everytime?

In the bunker if game play changes are made unless a manual games save is made and that game save is used to load the game the settings will always go back to the original settings.
So if you go to the options menu and select game play changes while you are in already playing in a career and make any change in it they will be ignored.

In Twos this patch is enabled for manual targeting.
For Auto TDC it needs to be disabled along with the patch in the Game Play Settings from the Options menu.

Quote:
I don't need to lock the target with space key.
If you do not lock the target the target will pass along your periscope cross hair and disappear from view.

When you lock the target the cross hair continues to track the target.
If you fire a torpedo now it will miss the target as the target is not in the same position as you originally saw it unless it was not moving.
When you unlock the target and fire the torpedo the TDC calculates where it believes the target will be to hit it.

You can see this demonstrated when you tick the patch in the TAI map to "Show torpedo solution line" you will see the difference between locking on and off the target.
The line you see is the line the torpedo tracks on.
When you have a target enable the patch and you will see when you lock the target the line will got to the center of the ship.
When you unlock the target you will see the line has moved to a new position where the target will be providing the torpedo has been fired to track this new line.
It is essential that the torpedo door for the chosen torpedo is already open otherwise it will will miss.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 08-22-19 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-22-19, 04:42 PM   #6
timur-75
Watch

You missunderstannd me. There is two kind of "lock" with twos. One is with space button on the keyboard and the second one is with the gunner guys menu at the bottom of the screen or with "X" shortcut. I'm talking abut the first one. I'm just upscop and move the corsschair to the target and thats it. I already watching the solution line with on TAI. There is no missing neither staying still target nor moving one. I'm locking to the target with "space key" for only getting identification, and I'm only locking the scope with "X" key for hittinh him at it's exact center. Otherwise I don't need it. And also I already read your guide, I know the procedure. Lock the target with space key and unlock, if you fire while locked, it goes where you fired but if you unlock and fire then it goes to the calculated impact point. It's also same for me. If I fire under lock I miss. But the thing is I'm seeking that why or how I can able to do that? I mean, I didn't disable the patch. I'm already changed saved and realoaded the campaign at bunker after making gameplay changes. There is no problem abot it. Also I said "everytime" because I barely use manual targeting (for boredom purposes :P). Thank you for answeing by the way.
Edit: Just like what happend in this video

Last edited by timur-75; 08-22-19 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-22-19, 09:07 PM   #7
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard! LLP LLP p.o

linnda23!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-19, 05:20 AM   #8
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Linnda23
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
Old 08-24-19, 02:56 AM   #9
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by timur-75 View Post
Thank you guys for welcoming me.
I have got two more question marks in my head now THEBERBSTER.
I want to mention my versions first; Twos 2.2.13 (standalone version) - TDW's Option File Editor/Viewer 1.0.32.0 and the game is 5.1.02
So, I played stock and there was a circle sytstem (1,2,3) which is very bad. I know that. And I'm using Twos now. I prefer to use auto tdc so my in game gampelay manual targetting option is disabled everytime (both in stock and twos). And I didn't change anything in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py with OFEV. I checked out now and the manual targeting enforced patch in the xo tdc section is also enabled. So in the stock auto tdc you need to lock and then have to cover the numers (3 to 3 etc.) but I relized it's just like the sh4 or sh3 in twos. I mean I'm doing the same steps that you already mentioned in this linkhttps://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=146. And even better, I don't need to lock the target with space key. When I move the croshair to the target, the tsl is automaticaly calculated UNTIL when I move the croshair to another target. Lets say I have 2 targets, one of them at 0 bearing and the other one at 70. If I move the croshair to the first one tsl is already calculated and if I move the crosshair to the 20 bearing for example, it still calculates for the first target (I'm checking the tsl on tai in same time). And if I move to other target the calculations changing instantly for this target. Also I can you the manual targeting in xo dialog menu if I want to (It's a dream or something )
So the first question is, I didn't change the options you mentioned above, or didn't activate the cicrle at the Nav or Tai map opitons and I still have the system that we familiar from sh3 and 4 (based on manual targetin as you said). How? Is that normal?
And the second question is, the colors at the pictures that in the link yo gave is so good (the sea blue or earth green or rudder thing). How can I do the same? I'm afraid to add another mod over twos because of warnings at installing manual.
You've understood perfectly this modified auto tdc system in TWoS and everything is OK with your game. In order to use auto tdc in TWoS you don't have to change anything in OFEV, only uncheck "manual TDC" ingame option and that's it (please note this Peter ).
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 04:32 AM   #10
THEBERBSTER

Vecko
Thank you, I have changed my OFEV to reflect this.
Peter
Old 08-24-19, 06:07 AM   #11
timur-75
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
You've understood perfectly this modified auto tdc system in TWoS and everything is OK with your game. In order to use auto tdc in TWoS you don't have to change anything in OFEV, only uncheck "manual TDC" ingame option and that's it (please note this Peter ).
Oh thank you for enlightening us. Maybe my bad but I didn't find a topic for about it. That's why I asked.

Tags
auto tdc, silent hunter 5, twos