SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-21, 03:39 PM   #796
Nicobings
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Hello

So i dont realy know if its a bug
I am in 1944 and i am geting Hunted realy hard that way i need to go deep and silent but when im at 200m depth i cant hold the depth writhout going on half speed and that no realy silent.
Can some one tell me why?

Best Regards Nicobings
Nicobings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 04:03 PM   #797
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Nicobings! Nice Silent run since 2017! By 1944 running silent won't really cut it the allied sonics and sonar gear is pretty advanced. stay off silent running so u can still load eels at your great depth. stay at 2 knots to conserve batteries and maneuver judiciously against PC runs. Remember to keep up moral at all times: sing!!! and have Olaf prepare a 'special meal' and at (only) 200 meters!!??... "deeper Heinie deeper-they build 'em good in Hamburg!" U can still go a little deeper!!?? Watch The Enemy Below. Remember your having a better day than your Komrades at Stalingrad!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-17-21 at 04:36 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 04:34 PM   #798
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
That's really good find kapuhy, thank you. I'm actually quite amazed how we could miss that aftwr all those years. I'm far away from my modding computer now but as soon as I get back home in two weeks or so, I'll test and fix this...
You're welcome

I had some time on my hands today so I repeated the test with other DD's and now I'm 100% sure it is as I suspected: every DD without R01 or R02 node simply ignored my surfaced U-Boat at 1 km range, while every DD with R01 bone in their files put in the same scenario, instantly turned on searchlights and beelined straight towards U-Boat (plus I got the radar warning).

Ships that need to be fixed:
- NDD A&B
- NDD Clemson
- NDD Keith
- NDD V&W
- NDD Buckley
- NDD Evarts
- NFF Black Swan

I was wrong about NDD Rocket though, this one does have R01 bone and does use radar.

EDIT: Turns out you don't even have to rename bones - I just remapped radars from R01 to C01 node in NDD Keith, and they started to work (C01 actually is present in its gr2 file, and currently it's not used for anything). Of course, if radar bone position matters for things like range etc, it would be better to edit gr2 files after all to have the relevant bone in correct position, but for a quick fix editing .sns files works too.

Last edited by kapuhy; 01-17-21 at 05:08 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 10:14 AM   #799
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

Hi captains!

I don't know whether this is TWOS or stock game's bug, but I found no smoke textures for German K-class Cruisers... maybe some files are missing, and it can be fixed?

Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 12:48 PM   #800
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 583
Uploads: 7

Hi vdr1981,

is it normal or wanted that you cannot see the date of the medals / awards?

I done some changes an now it looks fine for me.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.

Last edited by GrenSo; 03-14-21 at 08:35 AM.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 04:02 PM   #801
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
In sns file (text file responsible for assigning AI sensors to units), radar sensors are assigned to R01 and R02 bones. Except... there are no R01 or R02 bones in ship's .gr2 file.
Well spotted kapuhy

I second vdr1981's incredulity in acknowledging that, after more than 10 years since SH5's release, no one had noticed such a bad blunder before you!

Probably devs wanted to set up 3D radar equipment, and they had planned to use a different bone suffix than 'R', but they had no time to implement the idea and finally they forgot to rename the bones with the regular radar equipment suffix...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 05:45 AM   #802
Skyworm
Watch

Downloads: 47
Default RAOBF in UZO?

Cheers Gentlemen,

thanks again for making this great, great Mod!

I really enjoyed manual targeting by using the RAOBF through the periscope, and I wonder why this is not there in the UZO. I could well use this at surface attacks, but either it's not there or I am too stupid to find out how to activate it.
Same goes for the attack disk.

Thanks!

Skyworm
Skyworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 02:41 PM   #803
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Hi vdr1981,

is it normal or wanted that you cannot see the date of the medals / awards?

I done some changes an now it looks fine for me.

Ahoy, GrenSo...

Maybe you could see of maybe setting up what you did to show dates of awards in a ready to use jsgme format, so that others can make use of that... or give an outline of what you did to accomplish that so that others could do so themselves... that is, of them knowing what to do with editing files & such correctly.. I should say..

Either way, would be appreciated...

M. M.

Old 02-01-21, 01:09 AM   #804
WaffenPL
Nub

Downloads: 1

Hi, I got a question, I just completed the costal waters campaign with success, and can't get the type VII b, is it date related or i dont have enough kills in type a? When I'm on patrol and speak to the crew I can ask how is the new boat, but I'm still in old type a.
WaffenPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 01:54 PM   #805
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, GrenSo...

Maybe you could see of maybe setting up what you did to show dates of awards in a ready to use jsgme format, so that others can make use of that... or give an outline of what you did to accomplish that so that others could do so themselves... that is, of them knowing what to do with editing files & such correctly.. I should say..

Either way, would be appreciated...

M. M.

Here you can find this one as small mod to download: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5741

Old 02-01-21, 05:44 PM   #806
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
SHO

Vecko, i checked RAOBF Tutorial again with my new Resolution UWQHD 3440x1440 because i got weird solution values in game and it doesnt works correctly.

Iam using the TWOS Aspect Ratio Fix 21/9 but i get the wrong mast hight values and the wrong AOB values with RAOBF.

I changed to 16x9 Resolution and then it works: Mast height 10.6 like the Tutorial want to. With 3440x1440 (21/9 Aspect Ratio Fix) mast hight is 14.2 and sure AOB is then also wrong indicated.

The Aspect Ratio fix for 3440x1440 (21/9) Resolution is available in TWOS but in game under Game Options/Game Resolution 3440x1440, 43:18 is shown.

Could you create a 3440x1440 43x18 Aspect Ratio Fix!?

Edit: Also the binacular is in 2560x1440 16/9 full visible, you know the weird thing i "fixed" with torpedos binaculars. But with topedos mod the numbers above are visible, yes..but the whole binacular is not visible like in 2560x1440, so there is a main failure in the 3440x 1440 43x18 resolution at the moment.

Last edited by excel4004; 02-01-21 at 08:03 PM.
excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 09:19 AM   #807
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Well spotted kapuhy

I second vdr1981's incredulity in acknowledging that, after more than 10 years since SH5's release, no one had noticed such a bad blunder before you!
Heh, it's worse than that - someone did spot this back in 2013 (found his thread today looking for completely different thing):

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=205055
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 06:22 PM   #808
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Heh, it's worse than that - someone did spot this back in 2013 (found his thread today looking for completely different thing):

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=205055
Oh Lord, I can't even say that that old thread passed unnoticed as I even replied to it

Call me silly, I had completely removed that piece of information from my mind...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:03 AM   #809
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Hi,

I done today a small update of my fix/mod to make the date of awards for TWoS visible again. In the new vision I remove also the yellow border when clicking on the awards.

Here you can find the donwload: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5741

Last edited by GrenSo; 03-14-21 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-05-21, 11:51 AM   #810
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Hi,

I done today a small update of my fix/mod to make the date of awards for TWoS visible again. In the new vision I remove also the yellow border when clicking on the awards.

Here you can find the donwload: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5741

The dates are hidden because it's quite dumb and unrealistic IMO that one Captain receives same medal multiple times (someone please correct me if im wrong). In-game award system is quite broken and I don't think that it can be repaired.

Just take a look at your example. It's not even 1940 yet and you have already been awarded with two iron croses 1st class.

Luckally, we have KSD commander and it's realistic medals/awards system...

I think I'll probably remove completely this menu from the game in some of the future updates...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote