SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-21, 09:58 AM   #421
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I wonder why Rowi58's mod does not have an official sticky because it seems to me that it has its place as much as the others here ... if it is no longer

I agree 100% too !

Fifi's Moon :-)

Last edited by ericlea; 01-19-21 at 04:58 PM.
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 08:26 PM   #422
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Question

I have a renewed interest in CCoM12 since the introduction of Fifi's Enhancement Mod. I don't speak German and the translater I use online is OK at best on a sunny day and smooth seas. CCoM12 is beautiful, to put it mildly and has proven to be very stable. I would like to be able to maximize my fun by being able to transfer to a Flotilla like the 2nd out of Wilhelmshaven and use a Type VIIB or C and eventually to a Type IX boat for east coast patrols for DrumBeat and so on. I'm a tad bit foggy on how this is done. If someone could please get me an explanation on the procedures to doing this or point me to an English manual, or even a brief "how to", it would really help me out. thanx all. Doolar (Jerry)

Last edited by Doolar; 02-15-21 at 06:14 AM.
Doolar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 07:39 AM   #423
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
I have a renewed interest in CCoM12 since the introduction of Fifi's Enhancement Mod. I don't speak German and the translater I use online is OK at best on a sunny day and smooth seas. CCoM12 is beautiful, to put it mildly and has proven to be very stable. I would like to be able to maximize my fun by being able to transfer to a Flotilla like the 2nd out of Wilhelmshaven and use a Type VIIB or C and eventually to a Type IX boat for east coast patrols for DrumBeat and so on. I'm a tad bit foggy on how this is done. If someone could please get me an explanation on the procedures to doing this or point me to an English manual, or even a brief "how to", it would really help me out. thanx all. Doolar (Jerry)

In CCoM (and also in LSH Edition 2020) you can get new submarine types exclusively in the "Test Center Kiel" (german: Erprobungsstelle Kiel).

This means, that after starting a new career, the "Test Center Kiel / Erprobungsstelle Kiel" must always be selected as your starting flotilla.

Then select the desired submarine type there. Then you have to do ONE test drive with your new sub.

It is important not to change anything on the submarine or the crew before the test drive. Upgrades to the submarine can later be installed in the front flotilla!!!

After returning from the test drive, you can be transferred directly to a desired front flotilla in the menu.

Note: There are no new submarine types in the front flotillas, but exclusively in the "Test Center Kiel / Erprobungsstelle Kiel".
Old 02-15-21, 09:07 AM   #424
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

thanx for the help
Old 02-18-21, 12:28 PM   #425
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
If you're trying to copy and/or edit something out of the NYGM menu file, do separate searches using "Jonz" and "settings mod".
The compass and targeting graphics are under such headers. If you need more help let me know and I'll get actual G# info needed.
Don't forget to also edit the dials.cfg file if needed, after any menu file editing.
Having spent hours trying to activate the NYGM flyout compass' in CCoM 12 am at the cusp of giving up. I also tried the GWX flyout compass rose but the NYGM version is easier to read.

If your kind offer of providing the correct Menu_1024_768 entries still holds, my response would be a very grateful "Yes Please".

Thank you in advance.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 01:26 PM   #426
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
Having spent hours trying to activate the NYGM flyout compass' in CCoM 12 am at the cusp of giving up. I also tried the GWX flyout compass rose but the NYGM version is easier to read.

If your kind offer of providing the correct Menu_1024_768 entries still holds, my response would be a very grateful "Yes Please".

Thank you in advance.

-C
The compass info is in the menu.ini file in the "NYGM3_F" folder which should be in your mods list. Do a search for "Stiebler" in its menu.ini file and you should get to it.
Starts at G3F I321 through G3F I328. If you've applied any mod with a menu.ini file that overwrites this one you'll have to be sure to use the NYGM one to get what you need.
NOTE: - You can do as he did and add the above blocks to the end of your menu.ini file or insert them directly into the G3F section. Either way, the added G3F blocks will probably need to be renumbered to make it work with the CCOM menu.ini file. Must be in consecutive order from the last G3F block. I.e., if the last G3F block in CCOM is G3F I10, the G3F I321 NYGM block would have to be renumbered to G3F I11 in CCOM and so on for each of the seven NYGM blocks.
With only seven blocks for the compass, easy to do by hand vs a renumbering program.
- Take note also of the necessary .tga files in the blocks. These will also have to be added to CCOM from NYGM if not present.
- This was made to use at the stock 1024 resolution so if you're using a different resolution you'll have to adjust the compasses screen location accordingly. This is not difficult (though does require some trial/error work) and is done via the "Pos" settings line in the blocks.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-18-21, 10:36 PM   #427
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Quote:
Hope this helps.
It did, thanks. Spent all afternoon on it but the process was not quite as straight forward as your description. It would be amazing if any two menu_1024_768.ini files are identical because of mod-soup issues. Finally got the compass to appear and retract but the problem now is that it cannot be set.

The course indicator on the compass remains frozen at North and no new course can be set although the dials.cfg has been updated with what I believe is the correct entry copied from the NYGM dials.cfg.

The fix is probably something simple but I cannot find it or figure out where to go next. And now Cat has plunked himself down in front of the monitor and I expect that he wants to be fussed.

-C
Old 02-18-21, 10:46 PM   #428
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
It did, thanks. Spent all afternoon on it but the process was not quite as straight forward as your description. It would be amazing if any two menu_1024_768.ini files are identical because of mod-soup issues. Finally got the compass to appear and retract but the problem now is that it cannot be set.

The course indicator on the compass remains frozen at North and no new course can be set although the dials.cfg has been updated with what I believe is the correct entry copied from the NYGM dials.cfg.

The fix is probably something simple but I cannot find it or figure out where to go next. And now Cat has plunked himself down in front of the monitor and I expect that he wants to be fussed.

-C
That's usually one of two things: 1. Not all the necessary .tga files got moved into CCOM. 2. The dials.cfg as you think. Iirc the needed entry is the last one.
Also be sure to check nothing is overwriting any of it.
Old 02-19-21, 12:12 AM   #429
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Quote:
That's usually one of two things: 1. Not all the necessary .tga files got moved into CCOM. 2. The dials.cfg as you think. Iirc the needed entry is the last one.
Also be sure to check nothing is overwriting any of it.
Thanks. The *.tga files should all be there, I copied those from NYGM over to CCoM but did not over-write the existing CCoM files with those from NYGM. Since that dial never existed in CCoM it stands to reason that the additional files from NYGM should include the compass *.tga. Unless there are relevant *.tga files outside of the ...\data\menu\GUI\Layout folder that are applicable to the flyout compass and I cannot ID them.

The Dials.cfg entry was copied straight out the NYGM and re-numbered for CCoM.

[Dial69]
Name=CompassFdbk; FLB Sale`s Slideout Anzeigen
Type=12; DIAL_GYROCOMPASS
Cmd=Set_course,Crew
Dial=0x3F6F0013;; Stiebler
CrtVal=0x3F6F0017;; Stiebler
NewVal=0x3F6F0016;; Stiebler
DialVal=-180,180
RealVal=-180,180; degrees
Circular=Yes
Dynamic=Yes

So am still at a loss and trying to edit files and test run SH3 working one-handed because the other is holding up a Cat head of a sleeping lap Cat.

-C
Old 02-19-21, 02:08 AM   #430
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Strangely, other parameters are indicated here
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=167621
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 08:56 AM   #431
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thanks. The *.tga files should all be there, I copied those from NYGM over to CCoM but did not over-write the existing CCoM files with those from NYGM. Since that dial never existed in CCoM it stands to reason that the additional files from NYGM should include the compass *.tga. Unless there are relevant *.tga files outside of the ...\data\menu\GUI\Layout folder that are applicable to the flyout compass and I cannot ID them.

The Dials.cfg entry was copied straight out the NYGM and re-numbered for CCoM.

[Dial69]
Name=CompassFdbk; FLB Sale`s Slideout Anzeigen
Type=12; DIAL_GYROCOMPASS
Cmd=Set_course,Crew
Dial=0x3F6F0013;; Stiebler
CrtVal=0x3F6F0017;; Stiebler
NewVal=0x3F6F0016;; Stiebler
DialVal=-180,180
RealVal=-180,180; degrees
Circular=Yes
Dynamic=Yes

So am still at a loss and trying to edit files and test run SH3 working one-handed because the other is holding up a Cat head of a sleeping lap Cat.

-C
Did you also increase the total dials # at the top of the dials.cfg file ? It should read one more than the last dial number.
Ivanov has a good info. link too. Other than that, I'm at a loss though I'm intrigued by the statement "I copied those from NYGM over to CCoM but did not over-write the existing CCoM files with those from NYGM". You want the NYGM tgas to overwrite anything else so they can be used. My overwrite statement was to be sure nothing is overwriting the NYGM ones.
If I get a chance I'll download CCOM and give it a try but the 'net here is slooooooow with all the covid use.
I blame the cat !
Old 02-19-21, 09:04 AM   #432
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Another thing; I don't know what gui CCOM uses but do a search in the menu.ini for the same tga files that NYGM uses.
Sometimes when you mix two different gui parts together there will be duplicate entries in the menu.ini as they may share some common files.
This can lead to trouble sometimes, though usually it just means two of the duplicated item(s) show up on the game screens.
Worth a look though.
Old 02-19-21, 05:23 PM   #433
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Problem solved! The solution was in the Dials.cfg, the top line of which needed to be amended from DialsNo=69 to DialsNo=70. The devil is always in the details.

The clue was actually provided by a post from Forum Member Joegunderson linked to the thread provided by Ivanov.ruslan.

So many thanks to John Pancoast, Ivanov.rusland and Joegunderson for steering me down the correct path.

Cat has been found Not Guilty and has returned to a state of slumber.

Odd thing in the current patrol though, I know that you can receive special missions in CCoM but had never gotten one until this patrol. 24 December 1942 and U-741 has been sent to the Portuguese island of Madera to await further instructions. When BdU's orders arrive they are to penetrate the port of Murmansk and attack shipping there. Right! Somebody at BdU cannot read a chart since I was sent to square DH52 from a far more northerly BE56, in a Type VIIC and in gale force weather. Execute the mission by January 3rd. Sigh.

But at least now I have my NYGM compass!

-C
Old 03-08-21, 12:16 PM   #434
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

The new v1.4 DGUI 1920x1080 for CCOM12 is ready :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=248763
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 12:59 PM   #435
Magic1111