SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-28-20, 05:14 PM   #1
15Homeiermg
Submeier

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default Modding Campaign Question - Random replay of intro events

Greetings,

I have been modding a South China Seas campaign. It's essentially a copy of the base campaign, with a few more units, different year setting, updated intro events and photos, and a slightly different starting set of friendly/enemy bases.

The issue I'm running into while playtesting is the intro events will randomly replay during the course of the campaign. I think it might be associated with the fact that my bases are aligned differently at the start. In the original SCS campaign, the Spratlys (all three locations) and Scarbourogh Shoal are Friendly-aligned at the start of the campaign. In this mod, I've made them all Enemy-aligned so that it is much more difficult to operate in the SCS, especially without having a sort of "safe haven" to the south when you normally control the Spratlys. It seems that the Intro events replay instead of the usual NATO invasion/liberation event whenever the land war reclaims one of the islands in the SCS. I've used the KFG modding guide on Steam, which has been super helpful thus far, but maybe I'm missing something? Maybe it's associated with the Land War? The only event files I've adjusted are the word content and photos of the intro events, and made two additional intro events (total of 5 now).

Thanks for the help!

Skipper of USS Sculpin (SSN-590)
1/72 Mobieus Skipjack RC Submarine
15Homeiermg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-20, 09:28 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

15Homeiermg! after a 5 year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-29-20 at 03:14 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-20, 12:16 AM   #3
15Homeiermg
Submeier

Downloads: 65

Couldn't take the stale air and recycled farts any longer, had to pop up for some air, haha!
Ahoy!
15Homeiermg is offline   Reply With Quote