Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-29-09, 06:46 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Lighthouse boards down

I found both Lighthouse boards for TvT and SF are unavailable, when I wanted to check mout if somerthing new in the past weeks had been posted that would be worth to noted at tanksim.com, too. a bit a surprise, but maybe no surprise at all, consideringnthat Lighthouse is out of business.

I used the links to be found in the stickied resources-threads.

Any replacement links for major forums for both titles that I should copy into the resources? activity for both tiels in general seem to run extremely low since quite some time now. No surprise with TvT, but I expected more from the SF community. What happened to all that modding that was said to go on?

Old 04-30-09, 07:58 AM   #2
Vacillator
Frogman

Downloads: 0

Hi Skybird. Yeah they've been down for a while now ):

There's a bit of stuff for TvT and SF here:

http://www.panzersim.com/forums/index.php

Fivetide from panzersim was a mod at Lighthouse and asked them after they shut down for the stuff on their forums but got no joy.

Also useful mostly for SF is:

http://tanksim.org.ru/

but most will need to translate.

Sorry if you've already got these. As for modding SF, Steel Panzers has recently gone to v1.3 and several user missions have been posted. I and several others have also done our own missions but not posted them yet mainly I guess as it's difficult to polish them up to include all texts and in-game triggers etc. I'm not that far away from putting a few up.

Otherwise Voyd has done an excellent Dynamic Mission Generator which is discussed here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147437

I've tested it and it works a treat.
Vacillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 10:31 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Thanks, I was looking for adding stuff to the stickied resource threads, but it seems there is not much. No surprise with TvT to me, but that SF also has disappeared so very quickly and without songs and greetings - that surprises me nevertheless a bit, although I personally am no fan of it. the simHQ forum also has become almost a grave over both titles.

Contradicts a bit the statements in the thread on raising interest in tank games, I think ("Poll: A little tank sim rant"). The only tank title that keeps people talking at least in sporadic outbursts - is SBP.

I would have preferred SF to stay around longer, to cover the WWII market a bit.
Old 04-30-09, 11:21 AM   #4
Vacillator
Frogman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I would have preferred SF to stay around longer, to cover the WWII market a bit.
I agree, particularly as I am quite a fan of what SF already is and had hopes for what it could one day have become. It's real promise would be to expand time-wise and front-wise and of course to include multi-player. Paid add-ons and expansions along the line of Il2 would have been fine by me but if there isn't the user-base out there such things won't happen.

Having said that, Graviteam are still around so I can perhaps still dream
Vacillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 01:27 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Graviteam's intention for an (MP-including) SF2 has not officially been postponed, as far as I know. Their more general wargame "Karkov 1943" will go first, though. Let's see what these will be like.