SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-04-11, 06:58 AM   #1
weldstress
Swabbie

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default SH 1.5

Hi Guys, I'm running Win7 Home premium. I purchased the 1.5 patch from UBI. Game was running fine ver.1.4. After installing 1.5 I get an error message telling me a file called Property .dll is missing. My anti virus program reports a trojan, so I'm back to 1.4. any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Al
weldstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-12, 04:30 PM   #2
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldstress View Post
Hi Guys, I'm running Win7 Home premium. I purchased the 1.5 patch from UBI. Game was running fine ver.1.4. After installing 1.5 I get an error message telling me a file called Property .dll is missing. My anti virus program reports a trojan, so I'm back to 1.4. any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Al
How did you purchase the patch? Are you talking about U-boat missions "add-on"? If so uninstall it completely and install from scratch, try installing on C:\games\SH4 (rather than 'program files') as UAC does cause some issues in some games, better to eliminate completely.

A reinstall should fix the issue, if not post back.

BTW that if you have purchased something explicitly called "patch" it could be a repacked virus as your AV software already reported.
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 08:04 PM   #3
flip665
Watch

Downloads: 13

couldnt quite decide where the appropriate thread to post this in but here goes anyway... a few months ago while i was looking into purchasing sh3 4 or 5 i was reading inclusion lists about rfb and tmo. ive since purchased the sh4 gold and feel i have sufficient skill in the game to crave a little more out of it and am trying to decide which megamod i want... problem is, every thread i look in now, only really has a download option. i cant find those super extensive drool inducing change lists that i want to compare to see which fits me... (i think i read somewhere that tmo doesnt allow an external view, this could be a deal breaker) does anyone know where i could find this or do i gotta download all the pdf files???

thanks
-Flip665

update.. found one on tmo but its for 2.0, and only seems to list the "new" changes.... im looking for complete info...
flip665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 10:03 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

That's a tough question, flip665. Tough because TMO started almost as soon as SH4 was released five years ago. Tough because Ducimus started out making a few changes and releasing it as a mod called "Flavored To Taste". After several updates someone complained that it was flavored to his taste and not theirs, and he came up with the name Trigger Maru. Then, after several further updates he did a major revision and Trigger Maru Overhauled was born. There are several thousand changes now from the stock game, and to describe them all could take at least a full page and probably several hours to compile, even if you had the information in front of you to do it with.

Describing all the changes any supermod makes is a daunting task. Just about everything is changed. Real Fleet Boat started at the same time, and is just as complex, but the changes are oriented toward different goals, so while there are also thousands of changes they are not the same.

If you use JSGME you can load up one or the other and try it out, and remove it again if you don't like it. If you use MultiSH4 you can have separate installs of the game and run both, as well as Game Fixes Only or Operation Monsun. No matter which you try you'll also want the appropriate version of Run Silent, Run Deep, which is a complete rewrite of the Pacific Campaign Traffic and makes a much more realistic experience.
Old 04-11-12, 08:13 AM   #5
flip665
Watch

Downloads: 13

Thanks for that Sailor Steve, I had a feeling that that was going to be the case...

on a side note, i know ive only been here a few days but you guys have been great... makes my day to get quick replies from people that have real answers from a communty that has ten+yr vets and a huge mod pool with who knows how many contributers... havent seen the likes of this since mcfly and janes usaf... the quality of this site is top notch.... now, who wants to come over this wknd and stitch all these downloads together for me so i can just sit down, relax and get sunk... jk, ill figure it out...
flip665 is offline   Reply With Quote