SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-20, 11:03 AM   #106
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

Zhig!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 12:21 PM   #107
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Aktungbby
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 01:58 PM   #108
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

@ Zhig...

Manilla, eh?... Longtime fan of your folders...

Welcome aboard and stay safe and healthy during your lockdown; sounds like they are really taking the Covid-19 situation seriously out your ways...

<O>
Old 04-24-20, 02:28 PM   #109
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim, I have a close friend living in your country and I hear similarly from him.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 08:06 PM   #110
Zhig
Nub

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
@ Zhig...

Manilla, eh?... Longtime fan of your folders...

Welcome aboard and stay safe and healthy during your lockdown; sounds like they are really taking the Covid-19 situation seriously out your ways...

<O>

WE just have to really because our health care system is not that, should I say STURDY. Prevention is STILL the best cure so yeah, currently "sunbathing" is practiced in the early mornings (6-7am) to curb cabin fever.

took awhile to get the "folder" you were saying, ehehehe, not a fan of it but at least you enjoy it, ehehhehe.
Zhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 07:05 AM   #111
Franck Heler
Seaman

Downloads: 1053

Here in Madrid we are confined at home. This is going to be the last city in Spain to return to normal. The Spanish population has spent 2 months eating at all hours and drinking beer at home and now everyone wants to play sports at the same time. More than half of the Spanish are already in debt. My work sector will be one of the last to return to normality. To take advantage of my time, I am browsing my U-Boot, sometimes killing zombies and trying to learn to play the guitar. Courage and good hunting. PS: I am using the google translator, if you don't understand something, sorry. ****ing technology.
Franck Heler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 07:09 AM   #112
Franck Heler
Seaman

Sorry I think I posted this on the wrong page.
Old 05-12-20, 07:17 AM   #113
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Hi Franck. No, you posted on correct page

Good to hear from Spain. Hope the "return to normal" goes well with no "second wave".

Best of Luck.
Old 05-12-20, 07:56 AM   #114
Franck Heler
Seaman

Hello friends, I think I have written you a post and published it elsewhere. But hey I try again. Franck Heler in Madrid, the last city in Spain to be released from confinement. We have been locked up at home for two months eating and drinking and now all the people want to play sports at the same time. I take the opportunity to return to GWX, sometimes I kill zombies and sometimes I am learning to play the guitar. Courage and good hunting.
Old 05-12-20, 08:03 AM   #115
Franck Heler
Seaman

Inglés

Ok Eisenwurst, is that there are times when I think that my PC is too smart and laughs at me. Thanks champion
Old 05-12-20, 08:06 AM   #116
Franck Heler
Seaman

Thanks Eisenwurst. Sometimes I think my PC laughs at me. This I had already put but I think it has been deleted.
Old 05-12-20, 10:14 AM   #117
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
total lockdown; essential forays outside the home only for groceries. POLICE ENFORCEMENT of lockdown. 15 confirmed cases; two dead....social distancing is the new normal.
UPDATE NAPA: Now up to 79 confirmed cases and one died yesterday but was already terminally ill with underlying causes....I'm still wearing a mask and avoiding sailing. None of the present cases are hospitalized...as yet. the lockdown is still in force and one favorite restaurant that tried to reopen was reshut by the county health dept. I know the owner and buy a lot of 'takeout' to help him out.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-14-20, 10:46 PM   #118
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Down here in ( "The Cross" - Sydney Australia ) The small cafes and small restaurants have reopened ( only 10 patrons at a time though ). The owners and staff are very happy to be back at work and not doing only Take Away. The regular customers are also very glad to have someone else do the cooking for a change.

The pubs and clubs are allowed to reopen ( only 10 patrons at a time also ) but as of writing the publicans are metaphorically "standing around with big question marks over their heads and scratching their bums - do we open or not ???"

Small steps but important ones.
Old 05-15-20, 01:42 AM   #119
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

In our rural area shops are opened completely, but you still have to wear a mask, and take a trolley "for distance". No trolleys outside and you have to wait.

Pubs and restaurants reopening but not much customers allowed at a time, number depending on the size of rooms etc.
Will go out dining on monday evening, just the two of us to celebrate her birthday at least a bit, and have a look.

Today we will have a look at a '59 Citroen "ID" in very original (lol i guess i know what awaits) state, with a friend from Goettingen, and we will of course go there with a "DS". These cars are tiny compared with the blown-up potato-designed SUVs everywhere.. wonder if i will find it at the parking lot.

Border to Austria to be reopened soon.
A local shop owner has caught Corona and been in intensive care for 3 and a half weeks. In this case the virus spread to almost all of his organs, damaging brain and kidneys.
He cannot walk anymore and has to relearn speaking, most probably a nursing case. He is 32.
I do not like this lockdown at all, but I still think it is a bit early to just reopen everywhere

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 01:40 PM   #120
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

I'm off to get vaccinated with shot #1, Moderna, together with my long-suffering spouse of 40 years. This will be my hottest lockdown date since the pandemic's start...and prevent "spousal vaccine envy" recently documented in the WSJ! No hint of when shot #2 will become available. The Napa restaurants are at 25 % capacity; and downtown was hopping ...and heavily tented on Saturday for outdoor dining only. Hopefully the only movie theater in town will also open at 25%; I'm sick of sitting watching TV all day.