Closed Thread

Old 01-20-21, 12:49 PM   #13156
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Just make sure it's not from that bad batch of Moderna that's causing bad reactions in SoCal...in Brazil, they've discovered the Chinese vaccine is only 50% effective; but "still better than nuthin'" so it will be administered. My wonderment is: with at least 2 newer more virulent Covid strains resistant to vaccine, when the waiting list gets down to me, will the shot(s) be worth it? I also note that with only one shot, the best idea is to behave as though "you've had no shot at all"...that second shot is really essential, but with the dosage shortage, the two-shot plan has been altered to give as many as possible their first injection till production ramps up. IE: in battle, when you engage the enemy(Covid 19), U R no longer on Plan A
Ask yourself - why do viruses mutate? Do they generally mutate to be both more contagious and more fatal? Is do they generally mutate to be more contagious and less fatal in order to ensure that more hosts are able to replicate them and pass them along?
Old 01-20-21, 12:58 PM   #13157
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'd like to think so but I'm wondering what Trumps next move will be, if any.
I'm not worried about Trump's next move as an average citizen.

I'd be extremely worried if I were a GOP pol who voted to impeach - their political expiration date is ticking.

I'm more worried about what Burden's clown car administration tries to get away with. It's completely obvious he is just a figurehead until they can no longer hide his dementia. What craziness will they try and have him sign off on while he is finger-painting the oval office with his own filth? I'm wondering what the NDAs for the White House Medical Unit are going to prevent medical staff from reporting?
Old 01-20-21, 01:08 PM   #13158
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I wasn't implying you are or will be. Simply that you could be a casualty as a result.
I could be a casualty of many things. Living in fear I will not do. But I do live smartly. I wash my hands, do not touch my face, social distance, and wear the mask were required. This is what is recommended.
Old 01-20-21, 01:14 PM   #13159
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Start his own social media site. Everyone else has cut him off!
Old 01-20-21, 01:19 PM   #13160
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Good speech, Biden is President, let's unite and move on.
The sentiment(not yours) after Trumps swearing was much different. Very different.
Old 01-20-21, 01:20 PM   #13161
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Just make sure it's not from that bad batch of Moderna that's causing bad reactions in SoCal...in Brazil, they've discovered the Chinese vaccine is only 50% effective; but "still better than nuthin'" so it will be administered. My wonderment is: with at least 2 newer more virulent Covid strains resistant to vaccine, when the waiting list gets down to me, will the shot(s) be worth it? I also note that with only one shot, the best idea is to behave as though "you've had no shot at all"...that second shot is really essential, but with the dosage shortage, the two-shot plan has been altered to give as many as possible their first injection till production ramps up. IE: in battle, when you engage the enemy(Covid 19), U R no longer on Plan A
I won't be pretending I'm immune but I will feel less concerned with getting a severe case. The variants are worrisome.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-20-21, 01:22 PM   #13162
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Here they have said that Trump is planning/thinking on starting a new party.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 01-20-21, 01:29 PM   #13163
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Here they have said that Trump is planning/thinking on starting a new party.

Markus
Any party he starts will forever be a minority party in my opinion, there's a reason why so many people who voted for Joe Biden split their ticket and a so called "Patriot Party" isn't going to accomplish much other than ensuring a Democratic administration for many elections to come.
Old 01-20-21, 01:45 PM   #13164
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
NO! That's enough about Trumpo!! No more Trump talk

please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
The sentiment(not yours) after Trumps swearing was much different. Very different.
Oh yes, I know and agree. I would like to think we are better than them, even though the events of two weeks ago make it hard to press the case.
Old 01-20-21, 01:56 PM   #13165
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Good speech, Biden is President, let's unite and move on.
Just words

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Same circus, just a different clown in charge.

Great observation

Quote:

I don't care ... unless voter fraud to the tune of 6 million votes is proven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Start his own social media site. Everyone else has cut him off!
Remember Don Rickels in the television show 'Sharkey" Trump would make a great come back role for that old show

Quote:

please!

Oh yes, I know and agree. I would like to think we are better than them, even though the events of two weeks ago make it hard to press the case.
Okay boss ... Dump Trump/Bash Biden thread
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-20-21, 02:07 PM   #13166
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

cool Hasta la vista @ßOLE!

Quote:
please!
THANK GOD! And Brewers in Scotland concur
Quote:
Scottish brewing company BrewDog wants to rename a Glasgow airport, often used by President @ßOLE when he visits the country, after President-elect Joe Biden. @ßOLE is the owner of both the @ßOLE Turnberry golf course and @ßOLE International Golf Links Aberdeen in Scotland. Rumors that @ßOLE would visit Turnberry after leaving the White House came after U.S. planes were allegedly spotted on surveillance missions around the Turnberry resort.
Though I 'spect they'll name it after 007 the late Sean Connery!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 01-20-21, 02:11 PM   #13167
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Ask yourself - why do viruses mutate? Do they generally mutate to be both more contagious and more fatal? Is do they generally mutate to be more contagious and less fatal in order to ensure that more hosts are able to replicate them and pass them along?
Your questions (and most of the gibberish you post about the virus and the pandemic) reveal a severe lack of insights into the mechanisms of evolution, the biochemistry of membrane proteins, the working mechanism of modern RNA based vaccines, and the epidemiological dynamics of viruses spreading in respiratory aerosols and droplets. At the same time your posts are full of paranoid insinuations, false claims and blatant lies. Embarrassing.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 01-20-21 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-20-21, 02:13 PM   #13168
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Two weeks ago was nuts. Just nuts. Anyway, Trump is out of office. Edward John Smith is now at the helm!
Old 01-20-21, 02:19 PM   #13169
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
The bright side is: with the new Covid variant(s) I 'spect Goddess Gaiea- (mother nature) is simply cleaning house ie: reducing the global primate population incl. gorillas in San Diego from 8 billion to something more sustainable. (4 billion ?!!) Bat induced Ebola, Marbug, Lhasa fever(s),
& SARS were simply her preliminary test run before she kicked it up to Miller Time! Our primate myopia precluded our seeing the situation clearly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I won't be pretending I'm immune but I will feel less concerned with getting a severe case. The variants are worrisome.
U 'grasshoppers' catch on quick

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 01-20-21, 02:52 PM   #13170
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
And with people that want to advance in the the wrong direction that period becomes more and more likely to extent.
This has nothing to do with extending the use of oil. As I said the oil will come to the USA from the Alberta Tar Sands one way or another. There are only two ways, by rail or by pipeline. If the current section of the Keystone is at full capacity then the oil will come by rail. This is a possibility with that method.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-Mé..._rail_disaster

Forty seven people died and the cleanup cost in excess of $400 million.

Quote:
The fossil age is about to end. There are different environmental, economic, and geopolitical reasons for that. Period.
I for one am not arguing that point. But smart people would realize that it is a long way in the future and that until then reasonable decisions have to be made. I understand all of the reasons why people are opposed to this pipeline but considering the alternative and the reality of fossil fuel use in the near future I think it is a mistake. Oil currently is moved from Alberta to refineries in Illinois and Texas by phase one of the Keystone Pipeline and by railcar. Phase four which Biden is cancelling is a more direct route to the same destination and would reduce or eleiminate the use of rail transportation of crude oil.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter