SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-21, 11:39 AM   #886
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I find it very interesting to see how some may puke(not litterally) when they hear a politician speak or read what this have written.

While other is euphoric when they hear their politician speak or read what this have written.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 11:44 AM   #887
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I find it very interesting to see how some may puke(not litterally) when they hear a politician speak or read what this have written.

While other is euphoric when they hear their politician speak or read what this have written.

Markus
Americans have become brainwashed into thinking that the most well-spoken, publicly-polite, shiny white teeth, looks-great-on-tv politician automatically makes them competent and less corrupt.

I'll take Trump any day - I don't care that he's offensive, vindictive, and crass. He got things done for the betterment of Americans instead of using the office to line his own pockets and set up political favors for cronies.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 04:47 PM   #888
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
He got things done for the betterment of Americans instead of using the office to line his own pockets and set up political favors for cronies.
I really shouldn't but the itch is too strong:

Like what?
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 05:16 PM   #889
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
I really shouldn't but the itch is too strong:

Like what?
I could have multiple things. Here are just a few:

1. He got the US out of the Paris Climate Accords. It was nothing but massive transferring of wealth out of the US while the most polluting nations got a pass. It would have doubled (or more) or energy prices with no environmental benefit and would have cost us hundreds of thousands of jobs - and we didn't need to be in it when we had already reduced our emissions despite it. It was nothing but an elaborate ponzi scheme labeled with all kinds of feel-good do-nothing. "Shovel-ready green energy!" Yeah - like Solyndra? Where taxpayers ate the $528 million loss before the company went bankrupt.

2. Protecting students from false accusations of sexual assault on college campuses by restoring due process requirements in title ix. False accusations were and are rampant and where the bare minimum of due process that would have been required in court wasn't adhered to. How easy should it be for someone to ruin another person's life via false accusations of sexual assault because one party has buyer's remorse the day after?

3. Diplomacy resulting in three middle eastern nations normalizing relations with Israel.

4. Not starting any new wars.

Should I go on?
Old 03-06-21, 05:19 PM   #890
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Four middle east peace deals and from what I read a fifth was in the works with Indonesia before the incoming Biden admin scotched it.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 05:22 PM   #891
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Four middle east peace deals and from what I read a fifth was in the works with Indonesia before the incoming Biden admin scotched it.
I said three. My mistake.
Old 03-06-21, 05:25 PM   #892
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

A quick search brings these fact checked accomplishments up, some are true, some are not and some are shared with Obama and congress.

A Fact-Checked List of Trump Accomplishments
It’s been circulating on social media for months. Here’s what I found when I looked into these claims.

By Farah Stockman
Ms. Stockman is a member of the editorial board.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/o...eck-trump.html
Old 03-06-21, 08:02 PM   #893
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Only one point Id like to bring up about the list. The new U.S. Space Force isn't something Trump just dreamt up and pushed through by decree. That Bill just like every other bill he signed into law is first approved by the House and the Senate. The President is the last one to sign on. Even if he vetoes the Bill Congress still has the legal means to push it through with or without his approval.

As for the General's public disapproval. Screw'em they are not elected officials. Both houses of congress approved it before Trump did. In fact correct me if I'm wrong but a President can't even introduce a Bill to congress only Congress can, its their idea.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 05:01 AM   #894
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
I could have multiple things. Here are just a few:

1. He got the US out of the Paris Climate Accords. [...]
That's not a good thing. Your explanations are baseless or simply wrong, at least according to science. But who is this science dude anyways? At least you managed to slip in a "whatabouttheotherthing". good for you.

Quote:
2. Protecting students from false accusations of sexual assault on college campuses [...]
Now that's a big achievement. It has written "global significance" all over it. I never even heard of it and for you it's #2...

Quote:
3. Diplomacy resulting in three middle eastern nations normalizing relations with Israel.
Those relations haven't changed much in the last... dunno.. decade? longer? He made them write this down, but only by throwing palestine under the bus. So now it's basically formalised that this problems will reoccur.

Quote:
4. Not starting any new wars.
Except the one at home. Also, big achievement for any african warlord.

Quote:
Should I go on?
I'd rather ask you to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
As for the General's public disapproval. Screw'em they are not elected officials.
They are your sovereign. Their approval is the cornerstone of your great, free nation.
Old 03-07-21, 09:57 AM   #895
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

They are your sovereign. Their approval is the cornerstone of your great, free nation.
There are only THREE branches of government. Count them with me 1. The Judicial Branch, 2. The Executive Branch and 3. The Legislative Branch of government. There is no Military branch of government, the military it is not elected to office it does not approve or disapprove it does not in any way shape or form set policy or participate in the governance of this nation. It is a tool for security, diplomacy and foreign policy. Generals can be consulted and they can offer opinions but in the end even they have to shut the hell up and do what they're told. While those other General's who thought Space Force was a good idea will find cushy jobs in this new branch of military service and get promoted.

As I have said before congress is where the real power is at. In this country the House and the Senate introduced and approves the Law that establishes the Space Force not the military, not Generals, not Presidents.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-07-21 at 11:00 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 03:22 PM   #896
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
That's not a good thing. Your explanations are baseless or simply wrong, at least according to science. But who is this science dude anyways? At least you managed to slip in a "whatabouttheotherthing". good for you.

Now that's a big achievement. It has written "global significance" all over it. I never even heard of it and for you it's #2...

Those relations haven't changed much in the last... dunno.. decade? longer? He made them write this down, but only by throwing palestine under the bus. So now it's basically formalised that this problems will reoccur.

Except the one at home. Also, big achievement for any african warlord.

I'd rather ask you to start.

I said good for Americans. Not every other country. By that account everything I've listed is a Trump success.

I don't care about other countries' problems. I care about mine. This shouldn't be a shock - every other country cares about their own problems first - yet they act shocked that a President of the US had that same attitude rather than bending over and taking it in the shorts so that the US taxpayer suffers for some other country.
Old 03-07-21, 09:29 PM   #897
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I said three. My mistake.

Understandable. They continued to come in right up to the end of his term and the drive by media were loath to cover them. I'm bumming about the Indonesian one though.
Old 03-08-21, 10:36 AM   #898
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
I said good for Americans. Not every other country. By that account everything I've listed is a Trump success.

I don't care about other countries' problems. I care about mine. This shouldn't be a shock - every other country cares about their own problems first - yet they act shocked that a President of the US had that same attitude rather than bending over and taking it in the shorts so that the US taxpayer suffers for some other country.
I understand. Texas was bad luck and ome frozen windmills (damn you, green new deal), nothing out of the ordinary. The US is on a different planet anyways (given many of their residents) - and even if not, spaceforce will easily conquer a new one.
Old 03-08-21, 11:01 AM   #899
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I understand. Texas was bad luck and ome frozen windmills (damn you, green new deal), nothing out of the ordinary. The US is on a different planet anyways (given many of their residents) - and even if not, spaceforce will easily conquer a new one.

Well it's about time you old world aliens finally get it.
Old 03-08-21, 11:14 AM   #900
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
There are only THREE branches of government. Count them with me 1. The Judicial Branch, 2. The Executive Branch and 3. The Legislative Branch of government. There is no Military branch of government, the military it is not elected to office it does not approve or disapprove it does not in any way shape or form set policy or participate in the governance of this nation. It is a tool for security, diplomacy and foreign policy. Generals can be consulted and they can offer opinions but in the end even they have to shut the hell up and do what they're told. While those other General's who thought Space Force was a good idea will find cushy jobs in this new branch of military service and get promoted.

As I have said before congress is where the real power is at. In this country the House and the Senate introduced and approves the Law that establishes the Space Force not the military, not Generals, not Presidents.
The formality of a perfect world defined on endlessly patient paper.

The truth could not be further form it.

On blindly trusting the state and its design, the old world has some lessons to teach. Unfortunately, both in the old and new world, nobody listens to them.

In the end, its about tribalism and worshipping totems.