SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-21, 08:46 AM   #781
Belmondo
Soundman

Downloads: 840
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Well, obviously because they aren't saved. The game can not adders such things for saving but you can explore and use ships journal and supermarks features to save important markings and log entries for your next playing session...

It is a pity in SH3 there is no such problem, in the end something should be marked on the map during one patrol, unless I erase myself, I mainly mean the square to which I swim, for example AN5517
Old 01-11-21, 11:09 AM   #782
Beedo
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

Hi, I tried searching for this issue but couldn't find anything useful. I've recently installed TWOS 2.22 full on win 10. Was using 2.05 on win7 and everything was fine. Now on the newest version, whenever a tube is fired or loaded the voice line for the tube number doesn't play and will just be silent. So now it sounds like this "Tube ___ ready" or "Tube ____ Fire". The files for the numbers are present and I can play them in VLC. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
Beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:19 AM   #783
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedo View Post
Hi, I tried searching for this issue but couldn't find anything useful. I've recently installed TWOS 2.22 full on win 10. Was using 2.05 on win7 and everything was fine. Now on the newest version, whenever a tube is fired or loaded the voice line for the tube number doesn't play and will just be silent. So now it sounds like this "Tube ___ ready" or "Tube ____ Fire". The files for the numbers are present and I can play them in VLC. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
Those sounds had been removed intentionally because they were too annoying and repetitive while setting torpedoes speed and detonators...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:25 AM   #784
Beedo
Swabbie

I appreciate the reply. I honestly never heard them play outside of launching and reloading. Is there a way that I can restore them?
Old 01-11-21, 11:47 AM   #785
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I appreciate the reply. I honestly never heard them play outside of launching and reloading. Is there a way that I can restore them?
You would need to backap torpedo tube number sounds prior the TWoS installation and later to add them back to the sound folder.
Old 01-11-21, 12:36 PM   #786
Beedo
Swabbie

Quote:
You would need to backap torpedo tube number sounds prior the TWoS installation and later to add them back to the sound folder.
Cool, thank you very much!
Old 01-11-21, 02:03 PM   #787
TavarishAmon
Nub

Downloads: 6

Hi, I'm fed up. After 5 installations and installations, the same problem all the time. Bugged UZO and periscope UI. I have no idea how to solve it. It works perfect last time (3 yrs ago). Any suggestions? Please https://imgur.com/qxoq05x
TavarishAmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 02:10 PM   #788
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Try Stormy's Das Boot sounds. Be careful. Read the instructions by TheBerbster for make it compatible with TWoS.

Good luck!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 02:57 PM   #789
O.Kusch
Sailor man

Downloads: 159
Default Sound more quiet since update

Hello and good evening,

since I made the last update of TWoS v2.2.22 my sound is more quiet than before. My relevant sound settings in the Main Game page are all setting to 100%.
Also sometimes it look's like the speaking files sound's doubeled.

Is there a possibility to srew up something or must I search for a amplificator. In other games or programms the sound is louder.

Greetings from Uli
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (1).jpg (11.3 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by O.Kusch; 01-11-21 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Forget a part
O.Kusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 04:08 PM   #790
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

TavarishAmon! good to see U 'amon' us after a long silent run,

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 10:59 AM   #791
TavarishAmon
Nub

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
TavarishAmon! good to see U 'amon' us after a long silent run,
That was a looong trip. Thank You
TavarishAmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 07:43 PM   #792
prichardgs
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Hi prichardgs,
That's a well known graphical glitch from the stock game which can can not be fixed unfortunately. Thank you very much for your donation Sir! Enjoy TWoS and Happy hunting!
Guess what-tuned off SLI and it went away-
prichardgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:43 AM   #793
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Found a bug - it's not introduced by TWoS, but I post it here instead of "SH5 bugs" thread as it has more of a chance to be fixed in TWoS than stock game.

In short: due to an oversight by SH5 devs, half the stock destroyers have non-functioning radars.

Longer version:

I noticed this on Evarts first while working on Captain Frigates. In sns file (text file responsible for assigning AI sensors to units), radar sensors are assigned to R01 and R02 bones. Except... there are no R01 or R02 bones in ship's .gr2 file. As a result, game is being told to mount radar on non-existing bones and what I think happens (would love someone to test this), is that ships will not use radars in game at all.

I found the same problem on following vessels:

- Achates (A Class Destroyer)
- Clemson Destroyer (which means Town Lend-Lease is affected as well)
- Keith (B Class Destroyer)
- Rocket (R Class Destroyer) edit: I was wrong on this one.
- Buckley
- Evarts
- V&W class destroyer
- Black Swan Frigate

If I'm right about this, fixing this issue (which would be very easy in itself - every ship has a number of unused bones, all that needs to be done is renaming one of these bones to "R01" in GR2 Editor) would have noticeable impact on difficulty, as all ships I listed above would suddenly become much more dangerous to the player.

--------------
EDIT:

I created a test scenario in which 2 destroyers (DDAB Class - Achates) are sailing 1 km from my surfaced U-Boat, at night, in dense fog, in autumn 1944. At this point they should be equipped with decent radar (type 271). Both destroyers passed my boat without detecting it, and I didn't get any "radar signals detected" warning - so it seems there indeed is a problem.

Last edited by kapuhy; 01-25-21 at 03:06 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 01:10 PM   #794
vdr1981
Navy Seal

That's really good find kapuhy, thank you. I'm actually quite amazed how we could miss that aftwr all those years. I'm far away from my modding computer now but as soon as I get back home in two weeks or so, I'll test and fix this...
Old 01-17-21, 01:11 PM   #795
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Found a bug - it's not introduced by TWoS, but I post it here instead of "SH5 bugs" thread as it has more of a chance to be fixed in TWoS than stock game...
Good point, kapuhy. This situation exists probably in all the main three stock parts of the SH series, I do not remember how to deal with this in SH3, but in SH4 it definitely was. Radar units with separate models (for example, Mk37-director) they do not have sensordata in files, and as a result, destroyers do not have a radar function. The most surprising thing is that no one has fixed it for many years.
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote