Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-10, 09:53 PM   #16
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default files still up

anyone has the files for Destroyer Command. can we still run DC on win XP?

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 10:17 PM   #17
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

As far as I know, yes, DC unlike SH2 can run on XP stock. SH2 needs the v1.1 patch.
Old 11-30-10, 10:07 AM   #18
Borgneface
Captain

Downloads: 655
Default DC Help

S! to all

I am usually more often on SH3 GWX forum, but I recently rediscovered my Dc cd and Have just reinstalled it.....
I am looking for all the possible mod and stuff available to inhance my game
I have tried several liknks in this thread but most of them are dead

Can any one give me some info....
I am running under XP....

Amicalement

Borgneface
Old 04-25-20, 10:41 AM   #19
Littorio_Dvx
Swabbie

Downloads: 85
SHO Mare nostrum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Over the weekend I did some Google Search for Kriegsmarine Mod for Destroyer Command.
Below is the link to that website. Hope it works.
It is written in Spanish but can be translated to English.
KM-index - [ Translate this page ]

click on ship icon of each mod.
scroll down to bottom of page for install link to go to next page for instructions.

I have the mods downloaded and running on Destroyer command.
Great to command the Bismarck, Graf Spee, Scharnhorst.

I also have the Italian mod MARE NOSTRUM on Destroyer Command.
Destroyer Command has a lot going with all these new mods.

Hi Julian, I see, this is a very old post, anyway...I was looking for those old mods. Particularly, I'm interested in Mare Nostrum. Please, could you post a new download link for it? Many thanks ;-)
Littorio_Dvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-20, 01:43 PM   #20
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Link for FMSDC and FMS SHII . They are also on the DL section of Mille Sabords but you need to register

http://tribucoolteam.free.fr/MOD/FmsDCv02.exe

http://tribucoolteam.free.fr/MOD/FMS-Full-SHII.exe

There is also a guide to install SH?DC on win10

check message #9

http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...0&#entry451216

Last edited by UglyMowgli; 04-25-20 at 06:50 PM.
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-20, 05:28 PM   #21
Littorio_Dvx
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post
Link for FMSDC and FMS SHII . They are also on the DL section of Mille Sabords but you need to register

http://tribucoolteam.free.fr/MOD/FmsDCv02.exe

http://tribucoolteam.free.fr/MOD/FMS-Full-SHII.exe

There is alos a guide to install SH?DC on win10

check message #9

http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...0&#entry451216
Yeah....both downloaded, I read the other message too. Now i just only need Mare Nostrum. It's a bit hard to find, at least for me.... a lot of time on the web without results! Ok, til the next time and again.... thank you very much!!!!!
Old 04-25-20, 06:49 PM   #22
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

No problem. You can ask on milles sabords if someone still have Mare nostrum.
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 11:16 PM   #23
BradR
Watch

Downloads: 97

I would like to post an update addressing Horsa's request to hear a little more about the Flotille mod (FMS) at the Mille Sabords forum. I downloaded from the link provided by UglyMowgli. The .exe was flagged as a potential virus, but I had a feeling my custom set firewall was just being as prudent as I told it to be, and indeed the link was genuine. I've only so far explored the DC mod, and have yet to investigate the SHII mod. It does seem to be an amalgamation of different mods, with original content. I have identified elements from the Iron Seas mod so far, especially with the CIC screens, but I've only just started tinkering with Flotille. It adds new Shell music and intro screens. There are new unit and model elements, including the Littorio-class battleship and the Cavour-class battleship. I don't know if they are originally from the Mare Nostrum mod or novel creations. There is a unit file to add the British-loaned battleship Arkhangelsk. Since Soviet navy ships have never been much of an element in either DC or SHII, save some merchants and a few destroyers, I find this to be a interesting addition. There are Italian sub units and models added, and I've even spotted a Greek cruiser. There are a few new missions in the Historical folder that appear to be missions between the ABDA and the Japanese. There does seem to be an interesting side-effect of installing the mod, as the Shell text now appears to be in French. I have not yet been able to find a fix for this, and restoring a backup of the Shell DSF does not return the text to English. For someone like me, however, who has played this game to the point that menu navigation is a matter of muscle memory, this will hopefully not be a problem. It also appears that it is necessary to manually make a backup of any files that wish to be retained as the installer does not automatically make a backup. I look forward to exploring this mod more. That being said, I too am looking for the Mare Nostrum mod also and have been unable to find it. I'm curious as to why it is not included somewhere in the Subsim downloads or legacy downloads, but perhaps there is some reason for this. If anyone is able to find that mod, do let me know. In the meantime, it appears the Flotille mod will do nicely for those of us wishing to incorporate the Regia Marina in our scenarios.

Last edited by BradR; 04-28-20 at 12:03 AM.
BradR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 05:17 AM   #24
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littorio_Dvx View Post
Yeah....both downloaded, I read the other message too. Now i just only need Mare Nostrum. It's a bit hard to find, at least for me.... a lot of time on the web without results! Ok, til the next time and again.... thank you very much!!!!!
I have found a copy of Mare Nostrum in one of my old DVDs. I uploaded it to my Mega account:

https://mega.nz/file/ogpmHASL#1b2Qgl...IoPw9z977G8nKE

Don't ask me for instructions because I haven't used DC in more than 10 years.
Old 06-05-20, 02:38 PM   #25
Littorio_Dvx
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
I have found a copy of Mare Nostrum in one of my old DVDs. I uploaded it to my Mega account:

https://mega.nz/file/ogpmHASL#1b2Qgl...IoPw9z977G8nKE

Don't ask me for instructions because I haven't used DC in more than 10 years.
..... I was just a little time away, now I came back here by chance and my God, .... wonderful, what a gift you left for me!!! Frankly, you made me really very very happy with Mare Nostrum mod!!! I looked for months everywhere for it.... no way to find a place for downloading. I have to say, the search has been much more difficult compared with FMS mod. So, what can I say... man, YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!!! Heartfelt thanks from Italy for your kindness - Saluti di cuore dall'Italia.

P.S.:I was thinking.... there is actually no other valid link on the web to download such a mod!

Last edited by Littorio_Dvx; 06-05-20 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-06-20, 06:32 AM   #26
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

Glad to help

Actually I think I'll give DC another try. Long ago I stopped playing it because my NVIDIA graphic card made it almost imposible to play due to distorted text. That was back in WinXP OS. I tried again a few years ago with Win7 but the issue was still there.

But I found out that my brand new rig with W10 and GEFORCE graphic card doesn't have this problem, and after the complete mess World of Warships has become, DC is the only naval surface game I consider right now.

So it's time to relearn this goldie. I have the basic install that is patched to v1.03. Was Project Messerwetzer (or something spelt similarly ) also recommended for Destroyer Command? Any help to bring back the game into operative status will be welcome.

EDIT: Added patch 1.1, and Project Messerwetzer, but it makes the mouse move so fast on screen that it's very hard to use. Couldn't find a mouse speed field in the multiple .ini files along the folders, so I had to remove P. Messerwetzer to bring mouse speed back to normal.

Last edited by JapLance; 06-06-20 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-08-20, 07:33 AM   #27
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141

Re: Mouse too fast. Known problem of DC using win 7 & 10. I don't know of a way to slow mouse down enough using the games settings.

For me the best way is to use the mouse setting in Windows before starting the game. This is PITA to do each time i play but it does give better mouse control over the various dials while playing the sim.

Basic procedure : Right click on your desktop, then left click on Personalize-Mouse Pointers- Pointer Options -Motion Option- drag the slider to change speed- then save settings.

I installed DC to Win 7 / 64 bit / SSD/ Nvidia GTX1660 and it runs and looks great. I tweaked the Graphic card antialiasing setting a little. Im not surprised that DC and Win 10 works too. You just need to set the usual compatibilities that are required for older games and I recommend install ing outside the " Program files" folder. Large address aware" should help with newer PC with lots of memory.

I reloaded the DC base game, 1.1 patch, PM 1.03, Fletchers mod 1.0, Kriegstanz editor , and lots of graphic and sound mods. Most of these are available in Subsim's download area. Some I made myself. I build my own semi-dynamic scenarios by using Kreigstanz and then manually editing the . scn files.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 10:52 AM   #28
Littorio_Dvx
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Glad to help

Actually I think I'll give DC another try. Long ago I stopped playing it because my NVIDIA graphic card made it almost imposible to play due to distorted text. That was back in WinXP OS. I tried again a few years ago with Win7 but the issue was still there.

But I found out that my brand new rig with W10 and GEFORCE graphic card doesn't have this problem, and after the complete mess World of Warships has become, DC is the only naval surface game I consider right now.

So it's time to relearn this goldie. I have the basic install that is patched to v1.03. Was Project Messerwetzer (or something spelt similarly ) also recommended for Destroyer Command? Any help to bring back the game into operative status will be welcome.

EDIT: Added patch 1.1, and Project Messerwetzer, but it makes the mouse move so fast on screen that it's very hard to use. Couldn't find a mouse speed field in the multiple .ini files along the folders, so I had to remove P. Messerwetzer to bring mouse speed back to normal.

Hi... yes, me too. I have a old GeForce graphic card on an Athlon 3000+ with XP as OS. I prefer to use this pc to play old games/simulators. Till now, no remarkable problem with DC and other interesting titles like, for example.... Fighting Steel. In my opinion, DC & FS with related mods are the two best softwares to simulate/recreate naval surface battles.

To the next, be well 👋🏻😉
Old 09-17-20, 11:00 AM   #29
Littorio_Dvx
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox165 View Post
Re: Mouse too fast. Known problem of DC using win 7 & 10. I don't know of a way to slow mouse down enough using the games settings.

For me the best way is to use the mouse setting in Windows before starting the game. This is PITA to do each time i play but it does give better mouse control over the various dials while playing the sim.

Basic procedure : Right click on your desktop, then left click on Personalize-Mouse Pointers- Pointer Options -Motion Option- drag the slider to change speed- then save settings.

I installed DC to Win 7 / 64 bit / SSD/ Nvidia GTX1660 and it runs and looks great. I tweaked the Graphic card antialiasing setting a little. Im not surprised that DC and Win 10 works too. You just need to set the usual compatibilities that are required for older games and I recommend install ing outside the " Program files" folder. Large address aware" should help with newer PC with lots of memory.

I reloaded the DC base game, 1.1 patch, PM 1.03, Fletchers mod 1.0, Kriegstanz editor , and lots of graphic and sound mods. Most of these are available in Subsim's download area. Some I made myself. I build my own semi-dynamic scenarios by using Kreigstanz and then manually editing the . scn files.

Hi, do you have Kriegstanz-editor? It should be possible for you to upload it somewhere. I can't find this tools anywhere.

Greets.
Old 09-17-20, 02:42 PM   #30
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141

Icon14

Hi Littorio,
It can be DL here at subsim: /Downloads/Destroyer Command/ Missions and Maps./ Kreigstanz 2.5

It can be used to build, edit, and randomize SH2 and DC missions built with it. It does have a learning curve.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4329

-Vox
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote