Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-13-11, 08:08 PM   #76
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
It seems that I'm in the right place, it seems to be a pretty active thread, I've been blessed to have a good freind {Castout} he was good enough to send me IL 2 1946 new in the box, but I'm havimg the darnness time loading it, to run correctly. What I have so far, it's loaded, I had to change the config file title from forgotten battles to 1946, I got it patched to 4.08m had a heck of a time getting that download without it being corrupted one way or another, and the only way I can start the game is from inside the game folder, if I load game dvd in player it wants to install, while the game has already been install, and if I try to start from desktop game locks up after intro, this is more messed up than a bag of hammers.
Maybe compatability mode if you have vista or 7?? I didnt have to do that but you might have to? Mines run perfectly fine, try downloading the patches from Mission4today you have to sign up but its a safe site and theyre all there too.
Old 06-13-11, 09:12 PM   #77
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

thanks bro, I'm runnin an old xp box with a geforce 5200 I was running pacific figthers, it worked fine then I opted for 1946 and it was all down hill from there, I got some of it sorted out where it will run, I will take a look at the compatablity thingy, been a member of mission 4 today and combatace for awhile.
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-11, 10:53 PM   #78
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
thanks bro, I'm runnin an old xp box with a geforce 5200 I was running pacific figthers, it worked fine then I opted for 1946 and it was all down hill from there, I got some of it sorted out where it will run, I will take a look at the compatablity thingy, been a member of mission 4 today and combatace for awhile.
There shouldn't be any problem imo. They are of the same engine so the requirement must be the same.

If pacific fighters did run okay I would think 1946 will too just fine.
Old 06-14-11, 10:19 AM   #79
yubba
Admiral

Thanks guys.
Old 06-14-11, 05:50 PM   #80
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Thanks guys.
Umm so is everything okay now?
Old 06-14-11, 08:17 PM   #81
yubba
Admiral

Well I got my fingers crossed, found my lucky rubber band, detoured around acouple of black cats, haven't looked in a mirror, I guess, I got it running, the trouble with modding is never knowing what straw will break the camels back, I finally got the TBM to fly, now I'm chasing missions for, which I saw in, mission 4 today, even flew the B 17 it was all in the, v4.08 MODS megapack v1.0, I'm doing all this in the middle of a thunderstorm how stupid can I get. oh all most forgot that mod has some corrupted files in the mods and backup files. so don't load backup file and copy files from mods to a new folder one at a time till you find a bad one.

Last edited by yubba; 06-14-11 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-15-11, 12:29 PM   #82
yubba
Admiral

Default 4.09 patch where find ????????

I have no luck in finding one, not corrupted in one way or another.
Old 06-15-11, 12:32 PM   #83
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276

If you're getting corrupted downloads constantly, I'd say it's something on your end.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 01:09 PM   #84
yubba
Admiral

Just did avg scan nothing, maybe, I wore out that rewrittable disk. I'm downloading from one machine to another, Dowly how's that trim thing workin out for you????
Old 06-15-11, 04:55 PM   #85
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Try downloading them as torrents if you know how, its usually a bit faster and you'll 99% of the time never get a corrupted download. Good stuff to use!
Old 06-15-11, 05:05 PM   #86
yubba
Admiral

This is the first time I really experieced this much trouble downloading anything. Never had this much trouble with a single game more than this guy.
Old 06-17-11, 03:55 AM   #87
TheGreatHonker
Seaman

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
But now onto a question I have a joystick now, my controls mapped out, and the basic jist of things. Now what should I be focussing on? Combat Manuevers? Landing and Taking off? Attacking ? or other things.
When attacking bomber formations attack from above, dive down on them and use your momentum to climb back up above them.
Aim for the engines/wings to, like where the wing meets the fuselage. If an engine is on fire it's usually a garuantee that the plane is gonna go down.
And when approaching bombers head on try and fire into the cockpit. If you have limited ammo shooting into the cockpit and shooting out engines can make the difference between 2 or 5 kills.

The hardest part about attacking bombers for me is crashing into them.
TheGreatHonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 02:44 AM   #88
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatHonker View Post
When attacking bomber formations attack from above, dive down on them and use your momentum to climb back up above them.
Aim for the engines/wings to, like where the wing meets the fuselage. If an engine is on fire it's usually a garuantee that the plane is gonna go down.
And when approaching bombers head on try and fire into the cockpit. If you have limited ammo shooting into the cockpit and shooting out engines can make the difference between 2 or 5 kills.

The hardest part about attacking bombers for me is crashing into them.
Ill keep this in mind, any other tips guys???
Old 06-18-11, 03:34 AM   #89
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

That seems to only work against AI bombers. Human pilots tend to do a much better job of fending off fighters and getting high enough interception becomes a problem.

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 02:23 PM   #90
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

A lot of bombers have blind-spots as well, directions that aren't covered, as well or at all, by gunners. Get into those gaps and you can afford to come in with less speed from any angle really.

I guess in cases where there's only the tailgunner bothering you, you could make your first pass at him. Without gunners they're just sit- flying ducks.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote