Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 11-06-10, 12:16 AM   #1
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default (Steel Fury) Hi everyone, new missions!

Hello!

I have produced something new with the Mission Editor, what I term as a Gentle Introduction to the Steel Fury game.
Of course, by "gentle", I mean, once in a while, you can survive to the end!

Kyth Mission 1
In this semi-historical scenario, the Red Army has pulled off a nasty surprise with their initial Spring Offensive in the Kharkov area.
Elements of the 3rd Panzer division (that's you) have to deal with the developing situation, which can only be described as 'a ghastly mess'.

You can download the mission here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/4lF8khES/KythMission01.html

As always, you will need to add a new line to the user_camp.engcfg file:
New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga,
txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level;

Have Fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, here's another mission, following on from the first one.

Kyth Mission 2
Your kampfgruppe has to reopen the supply lines to your beleaguered front-line defenders. Dark and stormy night, rain falling in torrents, enemy strongpoint to be captured! Your quick thinking and skill could spell the difference between victory and defeat...

http://www.4shared.com/file/tAUM6aFi...Mission02.html

And, please remember to add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 3rd mission, which follows on after the events in mission 2:

Kyth Mission 3

The encircled defenders have hung on grimly for the past 2 days, throwing back repeated assaults on their positions.
Now, can they hold on for much longer? ... Make sure that they do!

The mission can be downloaded here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/uOzbSWOe/KythMission03.html

And, please add this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_03, txt_mc_mymission_3, 1, 0, Back_KY03.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_03.level;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 4th mission, which follows the events of mission 3:

Kyth Mission 4

The enemy is planning another of their pre-dawn attacks. Your kampfgruppe's task is to launch a pre-dawn attack on the pre-
dawn attackers!
Just don't let them pre-empt your pre-emptive strike...

Please download the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/FORxPxHZ/KythMission04.html

And also, please add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_04, txt_mc_mymission_4, 1, 0, Back_KY04.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach,
levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_04.level;

Be careful with this one, there's a lot of maneuvering!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another one! Mission 5 follows on after the events of Mission 4.

Kyth Mission 5

Your kampfgruppe is to make a quick strike on the enemy positions, Over the River and Through the Woods. Drill them full of
Lead!

Download the mission from here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/QPjP0Jg2/KythMission05.html

Kindly add this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_05, txt_mc_mymission_5, 1, 0, Back_KY05.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach,
levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_05.level;

A little tip! When ordering your platoon across the river, set the formation to 'none'. Unless you'd like some of them to end up in the river.

Have fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone can keep it going, for the next mission:

Kyth Mission 6

As your Kampfgruppe maneuvers for its breakout, keep a close watch on the horizon... The Russians are not finished yet...

Please download the mission here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/a-NMMvxs/KythMission06.html

And add in this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_06, txt_mc_mymission_6, 1, 0, Back_KY06.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_06.level;

Some advice for this mission: Take care of your poor bloody infantry... that means 'taking care' of the enemy's infantry!

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Mission 6, of course, comes Mission 7...

Kyth Mission 7

The enemy's retreat route rapidly becomes a 'Mud-way of Death'! Make sure it's not actually your own...

If you're interested, please download the mission here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/rUwy9d93/KythMission07.html

And, please add in this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_07, txt_mc_mymission_7, 1, 0, Back_KY07.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_07.level;

Have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you can handle this next mission!

Kyth Mission 8
Noisy battles break out all along the river! You are there to ensure that tactical skill and good shooting, keep the enemy well and truly clobbered.

Get the mission here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/nY8_P1Fs/KythMission08.html

Add in this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_08, txt_mc_mymission_8, 1, 0, Back_KY08.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_08.level;

A little advice: Set your formation to 'none' when crossing the river; don't end up in the drink!

Have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another mission for you all! (Following the 'heroic' events of Mission 8)

Kyth Mission 9
In this armoured clash, you shall be deciding the outcome; will good shooting win the day, or will it be your Last Stand ...?

Download the mission here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/dak0p1_l/KythMission09.html

Remember to add this line in the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_09, txt_mc_mymission_9, 1, 0, Back_KY09.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_09.level;

Have fun!

Good afternoon / Good evening / Good night!

Speaking of which, here's the next mission (a night mission ):

Kyth Mission 10
The recent counterattack has resulted in the encirclement of a Rather Large enemy force. However, they will require a lot of
"convincing" to actually stay captured... Elements of 3rd Panzer (you again) are on the scene!

Get the mission here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/CmZFJ6xG/KythMission10.html

And, as usual, add in an extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_10, txt_mc_mymission_10, 1, 0, Back_KY10.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_10.level;

Get busy now!

Last edited by Kyth; 04-15-11 at 08:24 PM. Reason: New Mission!

Old 11-06-10, 12:34 AM   #2
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

I will try SF out if theres a demo and buy it if I like it and, I'm easy if it's good. I don't buy just on reviews and trailers anymore.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 12:35 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Cool!

Good stuff Kyth looking forward to trying it!

Are you the one who asked for my '' battles ' on the Graviteam forum???

Will let you know about your mission once I try it!

Cheeers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 12:48 AM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF demo

Firewall we ain't selling anything here! .There is a Steel Fury demo which you can find and download from most of of the gamers review sites.Just google it you'll find at least 20 such sites.It only features the first Soviet T34 mission.You can purchase the game for 10 euros or $ 15 so you're unlikely to be ripped off anyway.

Old 11-06-10, 12:57 AM   #5
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Firewall we ain't selling anything here! .There is a Steel Fury demo which you can find and download from most of of the gamers review sites.Just google it you'll find at least 20 such sites.It only features the first Soviet T34 mission.You can purchase the game for 10 euros or $ 15 so you're unlikely to be ripped off anyway.

Thx Will check it out. Always looking for a new sim game.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 12:59 AM   #6
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Are you the one who asked for my '' battles ' on the Graviteam forum???
Hi Frinik,

Yes, that's me! Check out your PM on the forum.

Thanks!
Kyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 03:11 AM   #7
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Kyth, If you don't mind, I'll add this to the Steel Fury Mods and Resources thread
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 04:22 AM   #8
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

No problem, Sledgehammer!

And to everyone trying out the mission, please let me know how it went!
Old 11-06-10, 10:58 PM   #9
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Kudos Kyth!

Kyth my Man I have played your mission and it's terrific! An earth-jarring artillery barrage to start the game( just a little footnote players are advised not to open their gunsights at the beginning of the game until you leave the village otherwise you'll get lots of broken gun sights at the start of game.|This happened to me twice.|My tank was hit and by the time I got to the blocking position my gunsights looked like Tiffany stained glass lamp). Good use of the Bereka map and good , solidd action.|excellent first try |Kyth you really have the knack for it.

The only problem and this is why I don't favour those mission successful or failed triggers. I was unable to finish the mission successfully.The first try I know was my fault because I went a little bit off the blocking point to get a better shooting position.|I took out all the 9 Sov tanks and then when I arrived at the bridge to stop the main attack I got a mission failed message.

the second time I faithfully followed the messages and bagged 18 tanks and 84 infantry but still got the mission failed message????The 3rd time I destroyed 16 enemy tanks( despite having a shattered gun sight) but I was taken out by the last surviving T34.

Very good atmosphere, the weather gloomy and drizzly is wonderful and creates a very real difficult factor for the player as you have to spot the enemy before they spot you.

My suggestion would simply be to make the mission triggers a bit more loose as to give the player wider latitude and avoid mission failed despite virtually destroying the entire opposing force.

My advice Kyth! Make more because you really have the knack for it.

|I haven't fogotten my own missions and will email you my best 1.4, unoff 1.5 and beta 1.5 ones with some basic briefing.

Thanks again Panzer Kommandant

Cheers
Old 11-07-10, 01:34 AM   #10
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Hi Frinik,

Thanks for your comments!

Now, without giving too much away:

As you described, I attempted to simulate a 2-prong attack by the Russians. The supply centre in the village is their main target! Once they overrun the village, it's game over! This represents the HQ and rear supply units being destroyed or scattered.

I also built in some play-balance factors into the opposing forces ( 1= easiest, 10 = hardest / impossible ) and I've only ever tried playing it at level '5'.

Please keep trying!
Old 11-07-10, 10:12 AM   #11
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Love it

I always play at max 10 .The tougher the better.Wair until you play my battles.You ll know what suffering is

Dont worry I ll plqy until I win I am competitive by nature..
Old 11-19-10, 11:03 AM   #12
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Default Hi, here's my 2nd mission

Hello!

Here's another mission, following on from the first one.

Kyth Mission 2
Your kampfgruppe has to reopen the supply lines to your beleaguered front-line defenders. Dark and stormy night, rain falling in torrents, enemy strongpoint to be captured! Your quick thinking and skill could spell the difference between victory and defeat...

http://www.4shared.com/file/tAUM6aFi...Mission02.html

And, please remember to add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;

Good hunting!

Old 11-20-10, 04:30 AM   #13
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Kyth 02

Mission downloaded and installed Kyth, CONGRATS.It's not an easy one Without markers at night and with rain or drizzle.....

Killed the uglies easily but the rest of the mission did not go down so well.Got lost somehow and ended up a victim of friendly fire as one of my wingmen shot me trying to get at a Sov tank.

I am no longer used to playing with the Panzer III so I am always surprised when the shots come out so weak

Good, solid mission but playing it without markers nor flares is a uphill struggle.Any mission with the Panzer IVF2 in the planning?

Keep making more and thanks!

Cheers
Old 11-20-10, 05:08 AM   #14
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Hi Frinik,

Thanks for the comments! Yes I have some missions planned for the PzIVF2, but they are a long way to go.

So, there's still a need to put up with the PzIII.

Hope you don't mind!
Old 11-20-10, 09:37 PM   #15
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Kyth02

Fair enough Kyth!Good mission , a worthy sequel to Kyth01 I enjoyed it and will play it again today - time and family permitting .

BTW speaking of Kyth01 did you ever think of putting a couple of PaK38 or 40 in the village where the German trucks are sitting to delay the main Sov attack and give the player and his fellow tanks a bit more time to move there and prevent the main Sov attack from crossing the bridge/river

Re Panzer III ;it's Ok I like it as a small brother to the Panzer IVF2

Just out of curiosity what other games/sims do you play?

Cheers