SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-21, 08:32 PM   #1
pensioned
Watch

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0
Default Ubisoft Offline Play

I just purchased silent hunter 4 gold edition from Ubisoft because my reinstall of windows 10 would not allow me to update to the sh 4 v 1.5. I installed the new download from Ubisoft and every time I launch the game the Ubisoft Connect (launcher ) runs and gets me to sign in. I did a search which suggested for sh5 to select "Always start Ubisoft Connect in Offline mode" but no mention for sh4.

I have also selected "Always start Ubisoft Connect in Offline mode" in the Ubisoft game launcher ( Ubisoft Connect ) for the sh4.... but when I launch the game the "Ubisoft Connect" launch loads up still. Am I offline even through the launcher program still loads or is it still connecting me to online?

Thanks

Jack
pensioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 09:26 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensioned View Post
I just purchased silent hunter 4 gold edition from Ubisoft because my reinstall of windows 10 would not allow me to update to the sh 4 v 1.5. I installed the new download from Ubisoft and every time I launch the game the Ubisoft Connect (launcher ) runs and gets me to sign in. I did a search which suggested for sh5 to select "Always start Ubisoft Connect in Offline mode" but no mention for sh4.

I have also selected "Always start Ubisoft Connect in Offline mode" in the Ubisoft game launcher ( Ubisoft Connect ) for the sh4.... but when I launch the game the "Ubisoft Connect" launch loads up still. Am I offline even through the launcher program still loads or is it still connecting me to online?

Thanks

Jack
Ahoy, pensioned...

I know with SH5, that having Ubisoft connect set to offline, shows it as being just that... offline.

I would figure, that even with their launcher showing up, if you are in offline, SH4 should still play, just as SH5 does that way.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

Old 06-24-21, 08:41 AM   #3
pensioned
Watch

Downloads: 82
Default Ubisoft Offline Play

Does the Ubisoft Connect still load up for you as mind does?
pensioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 02:28 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensioned View Post
Does the Ubisoft Connect still load up for you as mind does?
Ahoy, pensioned...

With regards to SH5... yeah, it does indeed.

As for with SH4, that would have to be a unknown, as with SH4... I use the copy I have from Steam. As I, even following the instructions I recall another posting on making multi copies of SH4 from Ubi.. I could not get them to work.

I was, however, with Steams copy, able to set up multiple copies of SH4 that I could then turn about & mod out accordingly to how I wanted to mod them.

As I mentioned... it is My belief that with the Ubi copy, it should run just fine... with having Connect boot up when you go to play SH4, based on the case facts that SH5 does so under the same exact conditions... & since running SH5, Connect boots up before SH5... then by that same reasoning, I would assume that SH4 would, as well.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.