Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-19, 02:48 PM   #136
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If they could do that, then this offshore wind farm could perhaps provide electricity for 1 million or more households.

Just a thought

Markus

My question is what will it cost per kilowatt hour to create and run this system, with all the maintenance and transmission etc costs are factored in, compared to traditional power sources? Is this really a better choice if the electricity that it produces is 20 times more expensive?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 05:14 PM   #137
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Maybe they dont do it because they made themselves believing that they already stand with their backs against a wall.
One of the reason to my comment was something I saw earlier today on H2.

It was an episode of "How the Earth was Made"

In this episode they explained the creation of lake Superior and the others(forgot their names)

In the end of this program, some of the citizens living near those lakes had seen an lowering of the lakes and they said it was because of this Climate change.

The geologist said no-the answer is not the Climate. The answer shall be found 20-25000 years ago, when the last Ice age was here.

The Ice shelf who covered almost 1/3 or was it 2/3 of Canada and North America was xxxx meters thick and created a massive pressure on the soil/land/earth.
Now that this ice shelf is gone and are not creating pressure anymore, the land is slowly rising/going back to it's normal state.
This have been an ongoing process since thousands of years and will continue the next 20000 years.

So not everything that happens is this climate change fault and that is what I meant by people should take 5-6 step back and study a little more about earth geology.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 05:19 PM   #138
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
My question is what will it cost per kilowatt hour to create and run this system, with all the maintenance and transmission etc costs are factored in, compared to traditional power sources? Is this really a better choice if the electricity that it produces is 20 times more expensive?
I can't say

I can however say, that oil, gas, or other types of fossil fuel is not what should be a part of the future.

It's time to take a step into the next generation of fuel consumption

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 05:48 PM   #139
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I can't say

I can however say, that oil, gas, or other types of fossil fuel is not what should be a part of the future.

It's time to take a step into the next generation of fuel consumption

Markus

I don't see why fossil fuels cannot continue to be used but assuming they are somehow banned, what happens if most people cannot afford the next generation of power? Will electricity be something that only rich people possess while the rest of us go back to reading by candle light (assuming that candles aren't also banned)?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 05:04 PM   #140
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Where's that Thunberg girl when you need her?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/04/india...hnk/index.html

Old 11-08-19, 06:49 AM   #141
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10

Its only bad when westerners do it Neal, god where is your progressive sense of self loathing?
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 07:45 AM   #142
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Its only bad when westerners do it Neal, god where is your progressive sense of self loathing?
That is so true for so many topics these days.
Old 11-08-19, 03:08 PM   #143
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Haha, I left it in the ballot box with my 1992 vote of Bill Clinton
Old 11-08-19, 03:24 PM   #144
Skybird
Soaring

Today I read in an Austrian blog that the BBC has banned statements, visitors in its programs and any video coverage where sceptical views and opinions on the IPCC climate report and associated beliefs on climate change and the human factor in it get expressed. This is independent of whether or not the critic has scientific, valid, solid arguments for his different view, or not and is just an agitator or lobbyist.

I am aware of that the BBC has gone in the past 15 years or so tremedously, but I could not believe that the BBC did this, so I searched the web. And what did I find? In fact this rule was released already in September 2018, over one year ago.

Hallelulissima...! The spirit of evil has been banned, and science has been abandoned and replaced with religious dogma! We are saved from testing and retesting scientific theory and needing to reconsider what we believe if we find cointradicting data - no need to alter politically opportune dogmata when we find data contradicting the old theories! We just keep on beoleiveing the old stuff that was rated by our leaders to be more opportune!

I know that this is what is being done en masse these days, in all media, i just did not expect that even the BBC, this once great news contributor and high temple of good journalism standards, would comply with such conspiratory ways and propaganda purposes.

Unforgivable, and tell-tale.
Old 06-12-20, 10:17 AM   #145
EveLewis
Nub

You know, what capitalism really did? Capitalism created a generation that values money over everything else which is a real problem. Yeah, not all people are like that, but the majority is.
EveLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:31 AM   #146
Skybird
Soaring

^Ironically they do so because they do not know the value of money.

Out went the entrepreneurs of old school and long sight. In came the managers of short sight. Real economy, real goods became less and lesser relevant, money became more and more relevant. The systematical devaluation attempts by debt-rising politicians did their part to make things worse. Money money money wherever you look. Just the value leaves to be desired. Value in an idealistic meaning, value in a real, material meaning.

Capitalism in itself is neither good nor bad, it simply is how things get done and markets work and economies live for some time. Its like life itself: we desire to live it, nevertheless it always ends with us growing old, ill, and dying. The old Yin-Yang symbol: everything already includes the germ for the turning into its opposite. Every state of noble design, democracy or whatever, already includes the fundament for its own destruction by turning into a tyranny increasingly, step by step. Nothing lasts forever. Panta rhei.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-12-20 at 12:58 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 11:07 AM   #147
MeganWheeler
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
^Ironically they do so because they do not know the value of money.
I agree, actually. That's a good point.
Old 06-12-20, 11:16 AM   #148
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

MeganWheeler!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote