Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring
 
Skybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: the mental asylum named Germany
Posts: 29,463
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default Longbow 2 killer in sight?

SimHQ has linked to new 3:30 minutes video of Blackshark.

Looks extremely impressive. i do not even dare to think about the specs needed.

Could this become the loooong awaited successor to Longbow 2 on the thrown of helicopter sims? (Enemy Engaged hardly has been a simulation.)

If I remember correctly, it will be released by UBI. That means it has no Starforce, right?
__________________
Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.– Hannah Arendt
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks, UK
Posts: 2,811
Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default

This is from the same people that made the Lomac series but with a fully clickable cockpit unlike Lomac and Flamming Cliffs addon. I am not sure if it will be to the same fidelity and detail of LB2 which was brilliant. Graphics will be great of course as you can see from the video. As for system specs I think that if you had a current high end system such as a Core 2 Duo Intel 6600 or greater along with a Nvidia 7800GTX or Radeon equivalent you will be able to play pretty much without any fps slowdown except in very rare occassions. I know Sky that you are not a big fan of Lomac (being a big F4 fan), so I would just wait and see without getting your hopes up too much.

EDIT. You will find the English version of the Lockon forums here: http://forum.lockon.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=33

The official English Lockon/Blackshark site can be found here: http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?lang=en

Last edited by Konovalov; 10-19-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring
 
Skybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: the mental asylum named Germany
Posts: 29,463
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

I knoiw it is by the makers of LOMAC, but it does not interfere with the realms where Falcon rules. If gameplay is decent event at medium or lopw graphics settings (my rig probably can'T do much more), this title is a candiate for me. Besides Oblivion and steel Beasts I haven't bought any game this year and only plan for Medieval 2 currently.
__________________
Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.– Hannah Arendt
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #4
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,866
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
SimHQ has linked to new 3:30 minutes video of Blackshark.

Looks extremely impressive. i do not even dare to think about the specs needed.

Could this become the loooong awaited successor to Longbow 2 on the thrown of helicopter sims? (Enemy Engaged hardly has been a simulation.)

If I remember correctly, it will be released by UBI. That means it has no Starforce, right?
I like Enemy Engaged and the mods to it made it the sim it should have been. I have both of them. I liked the Longbow series too, but it was getting dated by the time EECH came out.

-S

PS. I do want a new Helo sim though. Good news!
__________________
SUBMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern Germany
Posts: 1,395
Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
If I remember correctly, it will be released by UBI. That means it has no Starforce, right?
Ubisoft do not releasing new games from Eagle Dynamics, they are divorced after LockOn.

Black Shark is an AddOn like Flaming Cliffs and requires the installation of LockOn (incl. Starforce)
__________________
--
Vapor-ware is always easier to sell because there's no limit what it can do!
Seeadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Aeoteroa
Posts: 7,392
Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1
Default

If Black shark is an addon for Lockon the graphic requirements shouldn't be that extreme - Hope Blackshark reaches NZ waters as i wouldn't mind trying it.
__________________
RIP kiwi_2005



Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.



kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
XabbaRus
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,331
Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0


Default

but it will have Starforce so I won't get it.

BTW does LOMAC have SF? i know Flaming Cliffs does.

By the way, what the hell of a name is Flaming Cliffs?

EECH still looks good after all these years especially since the source code got released and someone is almost there with a 3d model importer exporter.
__________________
XabbaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,866
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
but it will have Starforce so I won't get it.

BTW does LOMAC have SF? i know Flaming Cliffs does.

By the way, what the hell of a name is Flaming Cliffs?

EECH still looks good after all these years especially since the source code got released and someone is almost there with a 3d model importer exporter.
Yep - I refuse to buy any game with SF after my burner started screwing up on me. LOMAC does have SF by the way. Play a game of Falcon AF instead - it has no protection.
__________________
SUBMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:59 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring
 
Skybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: the mental asylum named Germany
Posts: 29,463
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

German Lock On does not have Starforce. Other european versions maybe as well?

I have Lock On on CD, but currently no longer installed.

EECH did not look bad, but gameplay was arcadish, and flight model was like a cartoon made of rubber. The often recommended adjustments to the accopding file I know - tried them, but found them far from being convincing. esopecially the collective was total nuts, no matter how you edited it.
__________________
Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.– Hannah Arendt

Last edited by Skybird; 10-19-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Northern Germany
Posts: 1,395
Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
BTW does LOMAC have SF? i know Flaming Cliffs does.
You are right, LOMAC does not have SF, FC is infected with it

Referred to the ED website, Black Shark can be installed on LOMAC only and on LOMAC+FC, both options update LOMAC to v1.2 but LOMAC+BS does not include the Su-25T and Flaming Cliffs missions/campaigns.
__________________
--
Vapor-ware is always easier to sell because there's no limit what it can do!
Seeadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:21 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring
 
Skybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: the mental asylum named Germany
Posts: 29,463
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

So we still do not know if Blackshark is infested with it. If it has SF, my money will stay were it is placed best - it will stay with me.
__________________
Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.– Hannah Arendt
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #12
porphy
Commodore
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 605
Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default

I really look forward to Black Shark. The movie is great, but I don't count on getting that kind of performance (video was prob renderd frame by frame with the lock on tools to look that fluid) I already have starforce in my veins from SHIII and Flaming cliffs (I think a even more strange name was menat to be... ) and have no problems, but I still don't like it. I will get BS anyway. Need a good helo sim. Enemy engaged is quite good right now, but the Fm are strange as you say, especially for the Commanche. But it is still progressing and it isn't that heavy on your comp hardware, which I think BS will be.

Cheers Porphy
__________________
"The only remedy for madness is the innocence of facts."
O. Mirbeu

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #13
XabbaRus
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 5,331
Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0


Default

The flight model of EECH is being looked at. I think in the next few months there will be some interesting things to come.
__________________
XabbaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #14
Skybird
Soaring
 
Skybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: the mental asylum named Germany
Posts: 29,463
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
The flight model of EECH is being looked at. I think in the next few months there will be some interesting things to come.
Well, sombody always seem to look at the FM since several years, since one year after the release when combatsim.som still was a free site. I have lost my optimism long time ago. For the time being, I stay with Longbow 2. Speaks for it's quality that despite the old graohics you still can get hooked by it. but in the last months - i pretty much was exclusively playing SBP anyway...
__________________
Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.– Hannah Arendt
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim