SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-15-16, 06:32 PM   #466
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

I have a strange thing happening when running this speech recognition mod with TWOS.

When speech recognition is started the ruler map tool starts pulsing every so many seconds and will keep placing and removing itself on either of the maps.
When trying to use a different tool I only have a few seconds to use that tool before it goes back to the ruler again.

Switching off speech recognition cures the problem.

This problem was caused by the microphone being very sensitive even though it was down at chin level.
It was picking up the sound of my breathing through my nose even though I could not hear it and turning it into the ruler message.
Re-positioning the microphone above my nose has cured the problem.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 03-03-16 at 09:36 AM. Reason: New information shows it is not the mods problem.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-16, 11:00 AM   #467
DieReeperbahn
Henke

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 1

Yah, I had so many issues with this that I just deleted it. I now use VAC http://dwvac.com/
I use it with many different games, never a problem.
Old 03-02-16, 06:22 PM   #468
submarinajohn
Nub

Downloads: 48
Icon9 new miltons voice recognition mod broken

Hi I was wondering if anyones done a newer version of the new Milton voice recognition mod as the one I downloaded from here has now somehow not working correctly I can say Rudder 7 degrees port and the crewman answers with "rudder 1 degrees port" so that now broke also if you say depth under keel the crew member reply's "we are under the safest depth" so annoying when I need to know the distance in incriments. apart from that everything else works fine for now and I tried to look on how to change in the file and was over my head so could someone fix the problem or has anyone done a 2016 updated version I would be nice

oh ive read were theres supposed to be a mic icon ingame well the mods kind of works but no mic icon I'm using the stock item is that why?

ive discovered that in open water the depth under keel command guy just gives the we are under the safe depth wording but come into sholower water he works agiain maybe he was set up to pick up deeper water

Last edited by submarinajohn; 03-02-16 at 09:31 PM.
submarinajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 10:14 AM   #469
kraszus
Mate

Downloads: 355
Exclamation Win 10

Ive used this in the past, with win7, with no problems. Ive updated to win10 x64 and cant get it to work. Ive run the sh5speechenginetest program but it doesnt work either - no error messages, just doesnt seem to pick up the mic. Ive tried 2 different mics which work fine with everything else.

Any win10 users get this to work...if so, how?
kraszus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-16, 12:49 PM   #470
kraszus
Mate

Downloads: 355

Strange..working now after I reinstalled the mod. Well, working ingame..but sh5speechengine still doesnt work outside of game.
kraszus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-16, 06:48 PM   #471
Netscape Navigator
Seaman

Downloads: 13

It's been a long while since I tried this.

Running win 8.1 with standard TWOS mod, working great so far. Also the speech recognition test program works as well. Just make sure to run as admin. By default access was denied for me to run the .exe.
Netscape Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 10:53 PM   #472
CaptBongTrillion
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

How to switch off fire torpedoes speech command and leave everything else on? It's always selecting, flooding a launching tubes when I'm just talking.
CaptBongTrillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 12:03 AM   #473
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

CaptBongTrillion!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 05:13 AM   #474
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > CaptBongTrillion
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE <<
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 07:50 AM   #475
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Aboard Bong

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-16, 08:09 AM   #476
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4
SHO

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the Mod maker for this one. Started using Voice Attack, but installed this today instead using German voice commands and it works like a charm!

Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-16, 04:18 AM   #477
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

Wonder if this works, or could be tweaked to work with SH4. Yes, I know of SH4Speech and am getting ready to give it a try. However, this works in a different way and may prove less finicky or difficult to set up.
Old 08-21-16, 02:31 AM   #478
Netscape Navigator
Seaman

So I've been using this for quite a while. I love it when it works... and I'm not talking about it not recognizing my speech, or myself not speaking clearly ect.

The mod just randomly decides not to work. I assure you my mic is ok, my push to talk program is ok. I work with audio a lot - that is certainly not an issue.

I can't seem to find any reason why it stops working or why it decides to start working again. reinstall mod, System restart, game restart, load bunker save - nothing matters. I can't find any pattern. Then randomly mid patrol load a save and it works when it had not been working the past 2 irl days. This seems to be the theme. I really prefer setting course and rudder adjustments with this, not to mention other commands, it's actually EASIER and faster than having to click on the dial/ui multiple times to get the right result...time wasted when I could have already yelled "MAN THE FLAK GUNS, FIRE AT WILL"

Last edited by Netscape Navigator; 08-21-16 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-21-16, 03:19 AM   #479
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Maybe the problem is with an intermittent audio in connection on your mike. I've been using Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english for a while now and the program seems very consistent with no problems getting it to work. I agree that this program add a whole new level of depth to the game once you get it set up and working.

I usually have the UI off the entire time except for using the map. When I get some time I intend to script in the commands for control of the manual dive-planes which should be interesting. It's a whole new experience docking at the bunker just telling the crew what to do and setting the TDC during an attack is so much more accurate.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 03:27 AM   #480
Netscape Navigator
Seaman

I should note, shspeechenginetest works fine. As previously stated my mic and signal levels are fine, checked with various programs. I'm using TWOS. Also I'm using win8.1. It "works" just only half the time in game... randomly I'll load a save up and magically it works, but after a future load or game restart it will just not work... I almost can't play the game with out this mod...

Last edited by Netscape Navigator; 08-21-16 at 08:34 AM.