SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-13, 09:23 AM   #1
Gotmilk
Planesman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default WORKING!!! Oculus Rift solution.

Hi. I post a quick video where i play this game with Oculus Rift. All you need to have is OR and buy vorpx drivers from vorpx.com and thats pretty much it.

The only thing that must be solved is the low field of view (currently 75). In order to have a true perspective you must have 120 fov. I managed to change it in freecamera mode but cannot find a working solution for captains view. See thread here . http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=208057

Other than that its pretty much as perfect as it gets with game that was not designed for rift.

Oh man this is such a bummer that the entire gaming industry is moving to the dumb down farmville type of casual clicky clicky game. This should have been the real future. A die hard realistic submarine simulation with virtual reality headset support. Too bad that all the innovation we got from ubi is just a dull web game that does not offer any immersion or challenge

If anyone know how to fix captains fov then let me know. I hope this thing is not hardcoded because it would ruin everything if we cant fix the fov. Flying around in freemode is a blast. Very creepy moment when going under water. And damn that submarine is huge. You never feel this kind of a scale trough regular monitor

Now looking this game trough regular 2d flat screen feels such a garbage now. Thanks to the Rift i really felt that i was in the submarine (even if all the proportions were all wrong)

Ok. Now i go back to just enjoy my atlantic ocean trip and watch my submarine in a freecamera mode.
Gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 09:36 AM   #2
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Looks good
Old 04-23-16, 02:34 PM   #3
OldCoder
Soundman

Downloads: 24

Just a note here from another Rift dev, I have SH5 working via Vorpx driver. The latest vorpx works with the CV1 release runtime.

Recommended from me is to play in Cinema mode which eliminates any FOV issues and bring the screen a bit closer to the eyes. I played a bit of SH3 a few years back and recently bought SH5 to play via vorpx and the Rift. It's really great. Looking forward to trying the megamod next.
OldCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 08:11 AM   #4
autocannon
Swabbie

Downloads: 94

Thanks for posting this. Was planning to get a Rift in the next year and being able to use it for SH5 will be awesome!
autocannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-16, 08:46 AM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard er back!

WELCOME Aboard OLDCODER! and welcome back autocannon after a four year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-17, 11:13 PM   #6
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

I'm running SH4 ok with Vorpx, it isn't great but when combined with voice attack I think I can work with it.

WIll have to try SH5 this weekend.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 11:35 AM   #7
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77

I think i will push this Thread up from down below

Any new Experiences with VR and Vorpx in SH5?

Because i just got an Rift S and im curious if i will get a new SH5 experience aswell.
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote