SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-11, 06:52 PM   #1
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Default SH5 Medals & Promotions

Hi; I was wondering if any of the more successful SH5 captains might be willing to post screenshots of the medals/awards screen? And let me know how the awards process is handled compared to earlier Silent Hunter games? As you can probably tell, I don't have very much experience with career mode yet.

I am would like to try modding awards & promotions, depending on what is hardcoded.

Thanks.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 06:53 PM   #2
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Anyone...?
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 07:37 PM   #3
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

I don't think we get either. I haven't anyway.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-11, 08:13 PM   #4
Drakron
Watch

Downloads: 37

I try to avoid seeing the Crew rooster last time I checked ranks were really messed up.

Anyway I dont think we get promotions, we do get medals and you can find the requirements for that on Basic.cfg in data\Cfg ... with the exception of the U-Boat Badge they are Tonnage based, apparently promotions are also in the same file and are renown based but its likely a leftover from SH3/4 as I dont recall ever being promoted and its not as if the game even bothers to inform us we got a medal.

Crew gets nothing ... well you can offer then a Iron Cross that apparently "increase the morale cap" and that is about it.
Drakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-11, 02:26 AM   #5
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

- no comment -

or just one: dont like the crappy new style "crew management"? often mentioned this, but nobody seems to be able taking care of this. even tdw said, a roster like we knew from sh4 and sh3 is not possible in sh5. sad, but true. beside all the focus on eye candy, instead of deep gameplay, its another big fail from the creators...

its simply far from realistic, not having any administrating access to your crew. but we all knew, other things have been much more important...to make sh5 mainstream-compatible. "sink 50.000 tons in the coastal waters of england..." lol...?! "the movie experience" was to count most. let the simmers cry about it, we dont care.

sorry for the flame on sh5. but everytime i read such posts, i remember the deep, deep anger i have inside about this game and cannot help myself to let it out.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 02:49 PM   #6
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Here is my medal haul so far

Old 08-28-11, 05:48 PM   #7
mia389
中国水兵

Nice Trevally! How do you bring up that menu? I never knew
Old 08-28-11, 05:59 PM   #8
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
Nice Trevally! How do you bring up that menu? I never knew
On the crew roster, click the Iron Cross icon next to the captain's picture to open the medals page.

Be nice if BdU told us when we were awarded a medal. But they don't. Only way to find out if you've been awarded anything is to go and look at the start of a patrol.
Jester_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:00 AM   #9
mia389
中国水兵

Thanks Jester.
Old 12-30-11, 10:11 AM   #10
Empty B
Seaman

Downloads: 43

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/f275a
Empty B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 02:17 AM   #11
fromhell
Lieutenant

Downloads: 217
Uploads: 7

i have had alook at the medals and apparently you can only be awarded the knights cross as the top medal.
there are other medals in the files ie knights cross with oak leaves and diamonnds as well as another diamond one which i havent got aclue what it is.
i was thinking of putting the medals board with the message screen, and adding some more medals.
promotions i dont khow about.
fromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 05:44 PM   #12
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Hello iambecomelife, is any progress in this mod? Looking forward to modded Medals and Promotions.

Would be please possible to receive first Knight's Cross, then separate oak leaves, then swords and diamonds? (now in SH5 you receive knight cross woth oak leaves, swords and diamonds at the same time (see the picture from SH5). And please, tt would be possible to adjust the SH5, that each award was given only once? Now is this in SH5 so, that you can receive every award several times.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 03:38 AM   #13
TheUBoatGirl
Swabbie

Downloads: 80

Hello Guys!

first of all, i know this topic here is 7 years old but i found nothing about it.

I played all missions of SH5 with the Open Horizon Mod II (i am at home with a broken leg and i am on sick leave for the next 2 months) - started 1941, so 39 and 40 i skipped, at the end of war i have sunk 241 Merchants and 99 destroyer, also 1 carrier. 42% Realism

i have 189 useless "promotion points" left.. i was never promoted and i left the Navy as i come as a lousy First Lieutenant, never promoted. Also the Medals are absolute ridicolous. Have awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class 7 times, and the 1st Class: 13 times.. the U-Boat clasps both and no Knights Cross also not the other badge (dont no the name of this medal) on the down left side..

i know this is one of a billion bugs on the game, but is there a Mod to correct this bug behaviour for correct medals and a correct rank with promotion? I only found "medal mods with the Hakenkreuz" which i dont prefere in real live.

Thanks in Advance!
TheUBoatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:06 AM   #14
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Anestazia
You are basically playing a broken game by the sounds of it with a few mods added.
SH5 really needs to be played with the TWoS mega mod to get the full benefits of the game.
The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod (TWoS) By vdr1981 > Highly Recommended For All SH5 Players
A Pictorial Step By Step Guide Through The Wolves Of Steel (TWOS) Installer > Pictorial
How medals are presented in KSDCommander an application in TWoS

Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-19, 06:24 AM   #15
TheUBoatGirl
Swabbie

Downloads: 80

Thanks Peter!

I have TWoS on my HDD already, but first i finished the Open Horizon II Mod which i played the last time. The only thing what bothers me in the TWoS Mod is the fact: i cant deactivate the Hakenkreuz Flags on the Uboat and see it also multiple times in the Bunker and elsewhere, i know you like it that way - absolute history accurate, thats ok - but for me it's an absolute No Go.. No i am not "sissy sensitive" as a girl but you know my russian background from another topic here, and i am also on top: Jewish..
But as i sayed earlier - when the flags are in the game "it is what it is" back to topic: i saw in the TWoS Mod itself: the crew are completly without ranks, well thats ok i can live with that.. So it seems this promotion/medal bug is something hardcoded?

But thanks for answering!

Last edited by TheUBoatGirl; 11-25-19 at 06:41 AM.
TheUBoatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote