Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-15-10, 02:50 PM   #451
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus905 View Post
I cant get on your website, my anti-virus flags it as a dangerous site and wont let me on it.

So I disabled my antivirus web protection and went on anyways. Avast cough over 40 viruses, including several root-kits and Trojans. Whats up with that eh? I don't quite trust you all that much right now.
Thanks for the heads up but there are no PC viruses or trojans on my site
The small delete cash utility I have recently learned flags some virus scanners but the file "DeleteCache" is clean. I make sure to scan all files uploaded to my site so I am sure they are safe. I understand about trusting someone you have never met especially on the net however my entire relationship with the Tank Simulation community is based on trust.
So anything that would undermine that foundation would bring me severer harm and I am dedicated to building a long term, good reputation. And
of course that takes work with the addition of going the extra mile. In
other words I will do what it takes.

Sincerely,

ZeeWolf

Oh, BTW Lazarus is one of my favorite men of the Bible. After being
raised from the dead, he was the only one that "they" plotted (on oath)
to murder along with Jesus.
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 02:11 AM   #452
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Antivirus?

Lazarus 905, I am a Zee Wolf club member and I have been on his various sites many times and never once did my antivirus report any trojan or malware.There are 26 members in his club and Zw's website has been visited by hundreds or people.Nobody - except for you it seems - has ever reported any problems.

I think your mistrust in ZW is totally misplaced ; may be it's your antivirus that you should distrust?????
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 03:45 AM   #453
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Guys,I have just visited ZW's site and I too am getting threat warnings.I never have done before.
I use AVG (paid version) and this is what it is telling me.Maybe this will help.
Quote:
The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

URL: zhaopin-com.msn.com.sonico-com.myownage.ru:8080/addthis.com/addthis.com/azet.sk/google.com/mozilla.org.php
Name: Link to known exploit site (type 750
Now this may be an over-zealous AVG I don't know.It's not un-common to get false reports with anti-virus software etc.
As I said,I have visited many times before and never had any problems.
I have complete faith in ZeeWolf.I don't often hand over money to people I meet on forums but this guy is an exception.

Chucky.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 04:42 AM   #454
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Antivirus

Chucky, ZW , I tried accessing ZW's website from my 3 laptops, each using a different antivirus(AVG the free, basic version, Pandacloud and Norton).I received no virus alert or no warning or any kind. I suspect it's your AV which are being overzealous.Still let's wait and see fio others have reported a similar problem.

Could it be that somebody tried to access ZW's website to hack it or infect it?

Likewise I don't normally hand over money to just anybody and I gladly paid Zee Wolf because I was convinced that he is a straight and honest man.
Old 03-16-10, 04:57 AM   #455
Chucky
Planesman

As you say Frinik,it may well be a false result.I am also occasionally getting a similar threat from a commercial gaming web-site I use frequently.This is only since I used the paid version of AVG.
Old 03-16-10, 06:53 AM   #456
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default AVG

Chucky, my wife does not like AVG because she says that if often rejects downloads as potential threats.She says it tends to overreact.

Have you been using that AV for long or is it recent since you converted your OS to Win 7?
Old 03-16-10, 08:48 AM   #457
Chucky
Planesman

I've always used the AVG free edition for as long as I can remember,but I bought a licence about 6 months ago.

Just out of interest I booted to my XP drive which has the free edition AVG on it and I still got a hit on ZW's site

Anyway,I am sure he will have a look at that message I posted and see what's what.

Chucky.
Old 03-16-10, 11:39 AM   #458
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Don't worry guys I'm not exploiting yah!

ZW

Old 03-16-10, 12:45 PM   #459
Hammer_757
Swabbie

I use AVG and have no problems. I downloaded and installed the Christmas present last night for the first time and had no problems running it. There are two things that need to be disable in AVG though. Unfortunately I'm at work (on a break of course) and cannot remember th names but there are surf protection type items. they block allot of applications so I keep them disabled. Ill post the details when I get home today.

Good Luck
Hammer_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 05:00 PM   #460
Hammer_757
Swabbie

The AVG items to disable are "Link Scanner" and "Online Shield"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_757 View Post
I use AVG and have no problems. I downloaded and installed the Christmas present last night for the first time and had no problems running it. There are two things that need to be disable in AVG though. Unfortunately I'm at work (on a break of course) and cannot remember th names but there are surf protection type items. they block allot of applications so I keep them disabled. Ill post the details when I get home today.

Good Luck
Old 03-16-10, 11:45 PM   #461
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default In God we trust with ZW we thrust!

Hi Zee! Good to hear from you! Don't worry man we know you are not exploiting us!Didn't we rally our Zug around you to to shield you from bolschevik-inspired (the NKVD might be behind his ) attacks?

What are the cuties: a Marder III or the Hornisse?, a PAK 40 and is the last one a Sturmpanzer Brummbaer?

Cheers

Frinik; former Tiger commander relegated to Panzer I duty until further notice...

In God we trust, with ZW we thrust!
Old 03-17-10, 12:29 PM   #462
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Hi Zee! Good to hear from you! Don't worry man we know you are not exploiting us!Didn't we rally our Zug around you to to shield you from bolschevik-inspired (the NKVD might be behind his ) attacks?

What are the cuties: a Marder III or the Hornisse?, a PAK 40 and is the last one a Sturmpanzer Brummbaer?

Cheers

Frinik; former Tiger commander relegated to Panzer I duty until further notice...

In God we trust, with ZW we thrust!
Thanks Frinik, they're all coming but the images I post will be ready for Kursk

ZW
Old 03-17-10, 02:11 PM   #463
Hammer_757
Swabbie

Refereing to http://www.tanksimzw.com/ I was planning to donate but what is the memebership that I missed all about?
Old 03-17-10, 02:54 PM   #464
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_757 View Post
Refereing to http://www.tanksimzw.com/ I was planning to donate but what is the memebership that I missed all about?
Hello Hammer_757,
The Foundation Membership allows you full access to my project Zeewolf creations for a full year. The membership after the Jan.31 deadline will be
limited and cost more for some things the Foundation Members are entitled
to. I must say too that this is all new to me and I have been playing it by ear so-to-speak as far as pricing goes. However membership will be offered again just prior to the new Kursk release plus the cost of the release.
I have not finalized the pricing yet but it will be a very good deal considering what is planned for the new resurrected T34 vs Tiger.

ZeeWolf
Old 03-17-10, 08:09 PM   #465
Hammer_757
Swabbie

No need to sell it to me, I'm already sold, just let me know the price and when I can pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hello Hammer_757,
The Foundation Membership allows you full access to my project Zeewolf creations for a full year. The membership after the Jan.31 deadline will be
limited and cost more for some things the Foundation Members are entitled
to. I must say too that this is all new to me and I have been playing it by ear so-to-speak as far as pricing goes. However membership will be offered again just prior to the new Kursk release plus the cost of the release.
I have not finalized the pricing yet but it will be a very good deal considering what is planned for the new resurrected T34 vs Tiger.

ZeeWolf