SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-20, 11:09 AM   #781
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroni View Post
Hi Fifi!

Can you repair missions your next update?My base is Heligoland and mission is photographing at Perth!(Australian Coast).Ending patrol is not possible after 96hrs recon period.Alias campaign cannot continue!

Regards Paroni
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
ahoy paroni!

yes, this is an unintended feature of SH4 that arises from time to time. we have attempted to fix it but the fix causes other problems.
i'll take another look at it.

i took another look at the Patrol Assignments and if you are driving a Type 2C out of Heligoland then you should only be assigned missions along the east coast of England and the west coast of Norway.

you are experiencing an unexpected programing feature of SH4.

unless you know how to edit the CareerTrack.upc save file, there is no solution of which i am aware.
if you do know how to edit that file, then reply back and i will tell you what to change when you get an Australian mission.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 01:15 PM   #782
Paroni
Seaman

Downloads: 1020
Uploads: 0
Default Australia

Yes,also Baltic Sea flotilla,later 1.Flotilla equipped Type 2 give same result after 3 or 4 patrol,alias photo recon. mission Australia.

I dont remember was Ops Monsun same thing.At least Vii have not problem those time.
Paroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 09:36 PM   #783
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

After activating the mod, be sure you empty the Save folder, or else you will end up with Stock game assignments.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 11:34 PM   #784
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

I have started 1944 careers and discovered that aircraft do not show up on the map screen when using a periscope even when No Map Updates is unchecked. This destroys any late war career potential as trying to snorkel means automatic death by invisible aircraft. Have tried two Type-VII late war careers and experienced this in both.

-C
Randomizer is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 06:33 AM   #785
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33

A while ago I asked here for a tutorial for torpedo calculations for Dark Waters/OM, since I couldn't find one. Sadly never received an answer. Anyone could point me somewhere today probably?
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 07:00 AM   #786
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: youtube tutorial torp calc's w/ written notes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjalfnar View Post
A while ago I asked here for a tutorial for torpedo calculations for Dark Waters/OM, since I couldn't find one. Sadly never received an answer. Anyone could point me somewhere today probably?
Found this by doing a simple google search... like so:

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

youtube calq'ing torp solutions tutorial w/ written notes... found here:

Not DW's, but.. if not mistaken, the general principles should still apply... just the same...

Hope this helps...

M. M.

Old 12-24-20, 08:01 AM   #787
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33

Thank you! I did in fact find the same video but since I have never used manual calculation I wasn't sure if it would apply. Will try my luck!
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 02:29 AM   #788
alexsanjaya
Watch

Downloads: 26
Icon1

What mods are included in this compilation other than OM? What about U-boot dynamic or sound environment are those have been included in this compilation?

Is there any list of what mods that's have been included in this compilation? What's additional mods I could use to improve historical accuracy / realism that is compatible with this compilation?

Thanks Beforehand
alexsanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 03:17 AM   #789
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
What mods are included in this compilation other than OM? What about U-boot dynamic or sound environment are those have been included in this compilation?

Is there any list of what mods that's have been included in this compilation? What's additional mods I could use to improve historical accuracy / realism that is compatible with this compilation?

Thanks Beforehand
This mod have its own sounds environment & U-Boat dynamics (adapted from other mods) already.

Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 08:09 AM   #790
adrians69
Engineer

Downloads: 299

Just tried this mod for the first time, loving it so far. Fog effects are probably the best I've seen in any SH ever! Thanks for the mod!

Click here to view my MS Flight Simulator X, Silent Hunter, Space Shuttle Mission Simulator, X Plane 11 & Train Simulator 2020 screenshots!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrians69/
adrians69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 08:21 AM   #791
alexsanjaya
Watch

Icon9

All the dials in periscope are still in English rather than German. As I recall in the old OM + OMEGU compilation those were all in German. Is there any compatible mod to get the German version of all the dials just like in the OM + OMEGU compilation?

Thanks Beforehand
Old 01-13-21, 02:19 PM   #792
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

alexanjaya!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 07:46 PM   #793
alexsanjaya
Watch

Icon9 how do I hid the dial gauge

How do I hide the 3 big dial gauge in the bottom right corner? I've tried to hide the bar underneath it, but only the bar that get hidden but not the big 3 dial gauge

And all the dials in periscope & TDC are still in English rather than German. As I recall in the old OM + OMEGU compilation those were all in German. Is there any compatible mod to get the German version of all the dials just like in the OM + OMEGU compilation?

Last edited by alexsanjaya; 01-16-21 at 07:47 PM. Reason: adding question
Old 01-16-21, 08:24 PM   #794
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
How do I hide the 3 big dial gauge in the bottom right corner? I've tried to hide the bar underneath it, but only the bar that get hidden but not the big 3 dial gauge

And all the dials in periscope & TDC are still in English rather than German. As I recall in the old OM + OMEGU compilation those were all in German. Is there any compatible mod to get the German version of all the dials just like in the OM + OMEGU compilation?
Alex,

welcome to Subsim.

i can answer your first question but not the second.
use the Number Pad period-del key to hide the interface icons on the bottom of the screen. it is a toggle, so use the same key to hide and then redisplay.

i cannot answer the german/english question other than to look at your mod list. there MAY be a mod that changes German to English and if that is true you just need to not apply that mod. that is the best i can recommend at this time.

Viel Glück, Herr Kaleun!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 10:32 PM   #795
alexsanjaya
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post

i cannot answer the german/english question other than to look at your mod list. there MAY be a mod that changes German to English and if that is true you just need to not apply that mod. that is the best i can recommend at this time.

The mod in question is called Dark Waters v6 (or something like that). I run the test by running only that particular mod and nothing else. And its still in English. In fact someone in this thread has been posting video that everyone could see that all the labells are in English