SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-19, 12:08 PM   #1
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0
Default APR-1/SPA-1

I'm running TMOwtw November 11, 1943.
Ended patrol, going through refit, checking for upgrades.
Under the Radar list I find APR-1/SPA-1 (Radar Counter Measures) available for 900 renown points. There is no place to put it on the Balao.

Anybody know what to do here? It would be nice to know if someone is 'Watching' me.

This is my second career with TMOwtw, and I remember I had this (I believe) when I got a new boat during refit.

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 01:08 PM   #2
skirich
Chief

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

From the mod's files it appear that this device needs to go into a slot called ... RadarWarningReceiver

Looking for that slot, it appears in the modded versions of all US subs except the Balao.

If you are playing the Balao class, then you wont be able to use it, unless you mod the needed files, which you can do.

For all the other sub's it appears to be compatible in Weapon Slot 7, which is traditionally a deck gun slot. So try that slot in the upgrade screen.

If the designers were slick, they would make sure you could not get this addition untill your boat was able to carry two deck guns, so at least an additional slot opened up. But I havent dug that deep to confirm.

In any case, "CounterMeasure" sounds cool, but in reality it is nothing more than a warning that a radar beam has reflected off your boat. sort of like when you hear a sonar ping. You now know someone is about to get a better picture of you.
skirich is offline   Reply With Quote