Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-26-08, 04:48 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default EDLP

The last of the airports of the FS9-German Airports series finally has been released, making the release of the Boxed version of German Airports 2 (Cologne, Hannover, Dortmund, Leipzig/Halle and my home airport Münster-Osnabrück) imminent.

And the new airport Leipzig looks amazing! With aircraftbridges over the Autobahn with moving traffic, and moving train traffic in the railway station where the ICE do stop-and-go.

Check some nice pics:

http://www.aerosoft.de/_php_projekte/_php_screenshots2/screenshots.php?sp=fs2004&p=ga2leipzig

German Airports 2 promises to be the last purchase for FS9 that I will do, maybe with the only exception of the spectacular Airbus-project by RealityXP.
Old 06-26-08, 06:44 AM   #2
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

thought I,m not into this kind of payware, I must say that you can see there has been a lot of work put into.

very nice, I like details

HunterICX
Old 06-26-08, 09:18 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
thought I,m not into this kind of payware,
I thought the same in past years,, but now I cannot imagine to enjoy simflying as much anymore without these sceneries. Together with AES (Enhanced Airport Services that add fully functional follow me cars, catering service, cleaning vehicles, tanker, and fully functional various docking helps as long as with mabile stairway and cargo lift trucks and deicing vehicles) it makes such a decisive difference regarding immersion and graphical experience (esoeically when the nav igation markers and terminals are being lit!), that I cannot imagine to do it without all this anymore. That's why I have all four parts of the German Airports sceneries plus Paris,Vienna and Heahtrow, giving me three dozen medium and large airports of this kind. It's all about immersion, and the "perfect" illusion.

Heathrow probbaly is the most impressive and close-to-reality recreation of an airport I have ever seen. Taxiing there really makes your eyes wide in wonder, and makes you feel small and tiny.
Old 06-26-08, 10:17 AM   #4
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Heathrow probbaly is the most impressive and close-to-reality recreation of an airport I have ever seen. Taxiing there really makes your eyes wide in wonder, and makes you feel small and tiny.
you make it sound like its Flight-p0rn

anyhow, dont get me wrong I'm all about that Detail-detail
but at the moment I have other priorities to spend my money on, and are a bit too busy to get in to non-combat flight sims.
Planning to get FSX later this year and hopefully it will be aged with most of its potential on the surface like FS9 now is.

as long a game contains aircraft with props I'm all about them :p the older the better.

HunterICX
Old 06-26-08, 10:27 AM   #5
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
you make it sound like its Flight-p0rn

at the moment I have other priorities to spend my money on
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 11:47 AM   #6
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 12:50 PM   #7
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Sky does usually pick out some great packs for FS, and when I finally have enough money put to one side to my grubby mits on it, I shall begin investigating
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 06:14 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Hunter,

if you go for VFR flying later, your choice of FSX is okay. But if you go for airliner modules, chose FS9. It simply runs them more reliable and flawless. FSX is known amongst insiders to create instability (due to both unripe modules released and system ressource getting double-hammered) with complex airliner-modules. the old stuff for FS9, the proven good stuff, is fixed and dealt with. Perfect deal, in other words.

Also, if you prefer IFF flying, you do not see the ground-based eye candy at FL340 anyway, so why wasting so much money on it, and time to fix things? If you plan to invest in additonal upgrades and addons that run simultaneously, you NEED sysetm reserves, asle yopur frames will stall. Depending on your system, the reserve will be greater with FS9 than with FSX.

there is a reason why FS9 addons are still under developement. I hold high expectations of this, for example:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=889786#post889786

It promises to become something special, if they do it right and release it not totally bugged.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-26-08 at 06:26 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote