SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-16-20, 03:57 PM   #1
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default Realism Please

I want to say I have not bought the game yet but it has caught my eye on Youtube. Long time Silent Hunter fan. From the videos that I've seen I would just like to point out some things in the hope they are changed in the future for more realism. I want to buy this game eventually if I see it going the right direction.

1. Most ships that were torpedoed did NOT burn in real life unless they were tankers or ammo ships. I hate how video games always light a fire for "ohhhh ahhh" effect but it just didn't happen. More often than not there was a "THUNK" and a big geyser of water and then some wrecked deckplates. No fire.

2. Ship health bars need to go. One of the best part of a submarine game is NOT knowing everything in such detail. "Do I hang around to see if she sinks or run away and come back?". Also....no more crewmembers TELLING me that the ship is going down to spoil the mystery. I can see the ship myself. We will see if she goes down when she goes down. Stop telling me the future!

3. Most ships sunk from one torpedo. Sometimes in seconds....sometimes in hours. I would like to see REALISTIC sinking physics please. Not saying the game sucks with this right now but I would like to see more work put into here.

Thanks
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 12:12 AM   #2
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

All i can say is the game is still in development... it is a far cry now from what it was when they initially dropped it on steam.

im not a betting man, but if i were... id say the game will be almost irecognizably different in six months