SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-12, 08:04 AM   #1
peschiNL
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default demo expires at first start

Im new here. Hello everyone

avid SH3 fan, and am looking for something to scratch that ww1 naval itch. Jutland seems to fill that role. But sadly when I try to start up the demo it, it says its already expired (?).

I have used the stormpowered client to download the demo.
peschiNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 01:13 PM   #2
Captain_Rockwell_Torry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Jutland Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peschiNL View Post
Im new here. Hello everyone

avid SH3 fan, and am looking for something to scratch that ww1 naval itch. Jutland seems to fill that role. But sadly when I try to start up the demo it, it says its already expired (?).

I have used the stormpowered client to download the demo.
Well, I can't help much. I have the original Distant Guns RJW and Jutland and ship packs 1 and 2, and really like them all, but SES's Stormpowered client seems to be their bigest problem. I bought the Jutland games about a year ago, and have really not had any problems with them and they have improved some things with them since then, but there are still some problems with the campaigns that have not been resolved. I mostly make my own scenarios with the game and they work pretty good. I would recomend the games as I think they are worth the money, but everyone seems to have trouble with the demo and as I say its something apparently wrong with stormpowered. They made some changes to it, and although I can still play and update all my games, it will no longer let me log in and post to their forum, even though it shows me logged in through stormpowered. This is one of the reasons I did'nt buy the newest ship pack with Coronel and the Falklands battles, I just don't trust it not to mess something up so I can't play what I already have. I would recommend going out to their forum and reading what the community says out there to see if you want to take the chance and buy the game, otherwise you might want to pass if it looks like the problems out way the cost. Anyway I hope this helps.

Regards:
Captain Rockwell Torry
Old 09-02-12, 09:20 PM   #3
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

You might go have a look at the "Steam and Iron" demo if you don't mind very little eye candy but a rock solid game. http://www.navalwarfare.net