SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-20, 05:34 PM   #1
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Default Capt Bon Bon Lobo Armistead reporting for duty

Finally got a desktop put together. I knew I had my old disc somewhere in a box in the basement purchased maybe a decade ago and I searched...and searched. I found a old box of my junk and there was a old disc container.. I opened it up, no,no,no...and there it was. Loaded up stock and see it's gonna take a bit to figure out the controls again...and now got to load some mods.

The most feared Capt of the high seas is back after 6-7 years. Damn, time flies..

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 05:43 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

WE can't Bear to B w/o U!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 05:46 PM   #3
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
WE can't Bear to B w/o U!
crap, it's version 1.2, wrong disk...ug, I know I hid my good one, but where...

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 06:04 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Finally got a desktop put together. I knew I had my old disc somewhere in a box in the basement purchased maybe a decade ago and I searched...and searched. I found a old box of my junk and there was a old disc container.. I opened it up, no,no,no...and there it was. Loaded up stock and see it's gonna take a bit to figure out the controls again...and now got to load some mods.

The most feared Capt of the high seas is back after 6-7 years. Damn, time flies..

Welcome back. Time does fly, amazing how mods have kept this sim alive and thriving. I still run TMO mostly and have worked to upgrade it as it is showing its age and needs update. Wish I had time to address more things but do not currently.

FOTRS is pretty great, esp as it evolves.

I am working on putting all my mods for TMO together into one package currently for release. I did modify the visual sensors so that light affects them, can get pretty close and survive night surface attacks but they are not blind. However, nights are far too bright and seems like have a full moon every night lol. Drives me crazy.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 09:00 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You can get your v1.2 up to v1.4 with the download of the "Official" update file found at Ubi

http://patches.ubi.com/silent_hunter_4/

Which would then allow you to play FOTRS v2.0 (in German only). There are a couple of patches for FOTRS v2 that I can't find right away, but if nothing else, I'll upload what I have.

You could even do TMO v1.6x, which aanker had given me the run-down on, a couple of years ago, if we could find his post here on SubSim... maybe...

Edit: OK, found the post, but it was just a link to the download for v1.7.2, so...
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5034

It was probably a PM he had sent me that he listed all of the v1.4 compatible mods for TMO... If so, it is long gone...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-12-20 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Hah! Wrong again!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 11:40 AM   #6
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Welcome back. Time does fly, amazing how mods have kept this sim alive and thriving. I still run TMO mostly and have worked to upgrade it as it is showing its age and needs update. Wish I had time to address more things but do not currently.

FOTRS is pretty great, esp as it evolves.

I am working on putting all my mods for TMO together into one package currently for release. I did modify the visual sensors so that light affects them, can get pretty close and survive night surface attacks but they are not blind. However, nights are far too bright and seems like have a full moon every night lol. Drives me crazy.

Bubbles

Have you put together any campaigns for the Pt 109 I got something set for early 1942 out of the asiatic command haven't really tested it but I think 2 Pt YUBBAs are more than some can stand.
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 01:27 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Bubbles

Have you put together any campaigns for the Pt 109 I got something set for early 1942 out of the asiatic command haven't really tested it but I think 2 Pt YUBBAs are more than some can stand.

Few years back I did a lot of work on traffic for a PT campaign but when old pc crashed lost everything. Current traffic in TMO would work for a PT campaign in 41/42 around Philippines , Dutch East Indies, 42/43 in Solomons and New Guinea and later war in Philippines(Leyte Gulf etc) as I added the battles, plenty of local traffic with daihatsus and other craft. I am working on 1945 now and then need to be a final test run before release traffic.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote