Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-19, 04:02 PM   #1
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Icon8 Those FEDEX jerks!!!

Rant!!!!

I have a shipment of meds that was due to be delivered. It required a signature.

I took vacation time this afternoon to be home when these meds were delivered. I left a note on my front door telling the Fedex person that I was home and to ring the bell and wait.

No bell ringing no knocking. The dogs would have let me know. I just went out to check and there is an attempted delivery note on my front door.

Guys, we need those meds!!

What do FedEx delivery people do?? They don't ring doorbells nor do they read notes??

I called to complain and "someone will be working this".

Working on this?

NO, my meds are on a truck in this area. Call the driver and ask him or her to come back and make the delivery! I guess that's not an option.

Fedex has sure gone down hilll.

Oh well, it's just meds. What do these doctors really know about this anyway. I can probably survive without it.

FedEx is probably doing me a favor. Not having my meds builds character.

I had to reschedule meetings and take half a day of vacation just for FedEx not to ring my doorbell.

/rant
Old 08-19-19, 04:29 PM   #2
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

I feel your pain. I also was recently expecting a delivery requiring a signature. My package was delivered - but it was just left on my porch. I don't live in a bad neighborhood, but the contents were expensive and I would have preferred they not sit outside until I happened to open the door and see them. I was home when they were delivered - but no knock, no doorbell.
Old 08-19-19, 05:02 PM   #3
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

And it is not just FedEx.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/caught...king-1.4257887

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 05:18 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

When reading it I said to myself he is taking about our postal service.

'cause they do exactly the same here.

Hundreds if not thousands have made complains on this issue.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 05:33 PM   #5
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

That may be what this guy did. The delivery slip had no information filled in.
Old 08-20-19, 02:01 AM   #6
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Rant!!!!

I have a shipment of meds that was due to be delivered. It required a signature.

I took vacation time this afternoon to be home when these meds were delivered. I left a note on my front door telling the Fedex person that I was home and to ring the bell and wait.

No bell ringing no knocking. The dogs would have let me know. I just went out to check and there is an attempted delivery note on my front door.

Guys, we need those meds!!

What do FedEx delivery people do?? They don't ring doorbells nor do they read notes??

I called to complain and "someone will be working this".

Working on this?

NO, my meds are on a truck in this area. Call the driver and ask him or her to come back and make the delivery! I guess that's not an option.

Fedex has sure gone down hilll.

Oh well, it's just meds. What do these doctors really know about this anyway. I can probably survive without it.

FedEx is probably doing me a favor. Not having my meds builds character.

I had to reschedule meetings and take half a day of vacation just for FedEx not to ring my doorbell.

/rant
I feel your pain. I hate mail order Rx, I've had problems with them in the past.
Old 08-20-19, 05:02 AM   #7
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

It could be worse. Here is what Finnish postal company is doing:

1. Unpredictable delivery times.

Letter sent from your own home town, may take anythign from days to months to reach you. That is if it ever does.

Atleast here in Central Finland hospitals no longer entrust urgent deliveries to our state owned postal company.

2. Mail delivered by lost property office.

In Helsinki one lady was surprised when lost property office delivered stack of mail to her. In top were letters to her (thats why she received them), then letters to about everybody else in that apartment block. Lost property office had reced those from railway company which had retrieved them from one of their commuter trains.

Turns out the postal company stores mail to be delivered into locked but unguarded lockers somewhere in neighbourhoods. Subcontractors are supposed to retrieve mail from them and distribute them to customers. Someone had burglarized such locker, retrieved mail, checked content and dumped non-valuable stuff into commuter train.

3. Mail delivery subcontractor delivering mail to his/her own stash.

This magnificent subcontractor chose to "retain" some of mail he/she was supposed to distribute. Last time I heard of this, police was trying to figure out if they had all missing mail or if there was another stash of stolen mail somewhere.

4. Mail troleys waltzing down the highway.

Latest episode features neglient subcontractor, who failed to properly secure cargo. Eventually mail trolleys rammed their way through trailer's rear doors. End result was mail "distributed" along the highway, ready for reading by all literate fluffy friends living in adjacent forests.

After all this complaining, you gotta give credit where credit is due: our "postal company's" grass moving service is reportedly punctual.
Old 08-20-19, 05:10 AM   #8
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

That's messed up, sounds like that delivery guy has lost interest in doing his job.
Old 08-20-19, 05:46 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

We have similar problems with some of our private carrier firms here in the UK.

As for medication, I consider myself lucky seeing as how my pharmacy is only 1/4 mile from my home.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 07:58 AM   #10
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

My father has meds delivered by the pharmacy after I put in the renew request online every so often. He's on eight to nine meds and as had no issue with the delivery as they always ring up to arrange day and time when the prescription has been green lighted by the GP.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 10:29 AM   #11
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Since the state-owned POST has been privatized, it has all become a bad joke.
And those working for the new carriers are under pressure and underpaid. Carriers are all egomanic money-greedy curmudgeons in the 'best' Dickens' tradition.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 11:02 AM   #12
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I've had delivery slips left when I've been home before and it's usually the off days postal carrier. The main carrier takes care of us well.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 05:14 AM   #13
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

1) I hate dealing with prescription drugs in the USA. I can just walk into a pharmacy in Thailand and hand them my empty box and get a years worth of medication if I want, no new prescription or bribe required.

2) There is no accounting for hurricane season in the USA in regard to possible interruption of meds either. You should be able to score a longer supply during hurricane season.

3) Big medicine USA treats us all like criminals, really I have to see the doctor before you'll refill my Glaucoma drops? What are you worried I'm going to do with them other than put them in my eyes? Thought I had a work around since dogs use the same thing, but you need a prescription for them too. LOL Guess it's only antibiotics that you can get from Tractor Supply without prescription as long as it's for your "horse". wink wink

4) I've got a complete work up from another country that's far more complete than I'd have gotten here, but you won't fill my foreign prescription either? WTF

5) You have all the information anyone could ever want about me, but you can't tell me what shots I've had and when? Even if you're the only place I go to for my shots? WTH

6) Tried the mail order for my mother and it was always a close call on whether she was going to run out or not. Throw in a hurricane and she'd have been without her meds for a month I'd bet.

Last edited by em2nought; 08-21-19 at 05:17 AM. Reason: mail order rant
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 06:05 PM   #14
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
We have similar problems with some of our private carrier firms here in the UK.

As for medication, I consider myself lucky seeing as how my pharmacy is only 1/4 mile from my home.

Unfortunately, we are trying to watch the expenses as much as we can these days. Meds are getting expensive and more expensiver every refill.
Old 08-22-19, 12:35 AM   #15
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Have to keep the boardroom happy....

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote