Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 11-05-12, 03:10 PM   #1
Zgok
Seaman

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0
Default Questions about Mods, and close support planes.

So, I now have IL-1946 with HSFX 6 and the playable Ki-46 mod, and play it on full realism save the external views and complex engine management. The point is, that There are some planes that HSFX 6 doesnt have, and the reason I use that mod is because its the only mega mod that is compatible with patch 4.11.1 ( I use that patch because the Ki-45 mod requires it). I want to add the Ju-88G-6 Night fighter mod to it, but it is meant for Dark Blue World Mod (which uses 4.101), any way to do so, even If it means scripting? Also, I decided to go out of my Heavy/night fighter "comfort zone" for a tad and actually fly ground attack planes. I can use the IL-2 decently(mainly because of the rockets), but it is the HS-129 that I can't use effectively with bombs, all my bombs miss the tanks I drop them at. Any advice on how to bomb tanks effectively with the Hs-129, and other planes?
Old 11-05-12, 06:01 PM   #2
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

I usually guesstimate. If I want anything close to accurate, I just dive bomb.
Old 11-05-12, 10:37 PM   #3
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

A couple of general rules of thumb for ground attack, if your going for a truck convoy, tank coloum, or trains try attacking from direct front or behind to minimize missing the target. If the target is a bridge, factory, ships, or airfields dive bombing is your best bet.

As far as I'm aware any mod made for DBW/UP3 might work with HSFX 6 but its try at your own risk.

The newest version of UltraPack is still WIP but when it gets done the DBW will get updated too, probably.
Old 11-06-12, 01:25 AM   #4
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Alternatively use a Mosquito with a cookie cutter. Not only do you take out the target vehicle, but you also take out the vehicle next to it, the one next to that, and every surrounding structure for about a quarter of a mile.

There's no kill like overkill as they say.

Otherwise, I can only echo what the two above have said, it varies from kite to kite, I think some aircraft have the Stuvi, the Stuka and the Ju-88 are two that come to mind. I'm not sure how it works but it's a highly accurate dive-bomb sight. I'm sure there are guides out there to explain how to use it, either that or Raptor might see this thread at some point and explain, he's the resident dealer of bomb shaped high explosives after all.

If you're not planning on flying online, then make a backup of your install and go ahead and try it, otherwise try and leave things as close to the original mod install as possible otherwise it'll just get messy and confusing. That's my general uneducated advice anyway.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 07:22 AM   #5
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Real men dive bomb with a Heinkel 111 to take out a ship!

HunterICX
Old 11-06-12, 09:52 AM   #6
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Otherwise, I can only echo what the two above have said, it varies from kite to kite, I think some aircraft have the Stuvi, the Stuka and the Ju-88 are two that come to mind. I'm not sure how it works but it's a highly accurate dive-bomb sight. I'm sure there are guides out there to explain how to use it, either that or Raptor might see this thread at some point and explain, he's the resident dealer of bomb shaped high explosives after all.
Oh, and I thought I was the resident dealer of occasionally intentional ramming attacks. In either case, the Stuvi bombsight on the Stuka and the Ju 88 works as follows:

1. Set the altitude you want to drop the bomb at.
2. Set the airspeed you think you'll be going at when you reach at that altitude.
3. Dive at target as usual.
4. Place the cursor-thing on the target and release the bombs when you get to the altitude you set (it helpfully informs you with a horn).

After that, both aircraft are supposed to pull up automatically if you've engaged the dive brake. I think...
Old 11-06-12, 10:37 PM   #7
Zgok
Seaman

Thank you all for replying, I try adding the Ju-88G-6 but I get a crash at 60% loading. Unfortunately. Thanks, I shall play around with the Mosquito and the Stuka for some practice. @HunterICX Really? Oh dear, I can imagine how difficult it would be to pull up from that dive..
Old 11-06-12, 11:28 PM   #8
Zgok
Seaman

Blast, I just discovered a K-45 mod for 4.10.. I have to download UP3 all over again as I deleted it to install HSFX 6. On to face the 6 GB download it is, Huzzah! (x3)