Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 03-18-09, 02:51 PM   #1
Calamity
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default What Helo Sims can make use of Peddals?

Hello All!
I'm new to this forum, but I've been flying flight simulators for 20 years now. (I have fond memories of flying MS flight simulator from JFK to Boston INTL on my dad's 8088 when I was fifteen.) A little while ago I added a set of Saitek Rudder Peddles, and a Saitek Flight Yolk to my existing Saitek X-45 HOTAS configuration. I was flying MS CFS3 at the time and just loved the extra feel it gave the P-38. More recently I've been flying IL-2 1946 - Another great sim - and having a blast with it. But I want to try my hand at some choppers.
For the longest time I was absorbed in Operation Flashpoint: A cold War Crisis. I developed some missions, campaigns, and was even a moderator in an OFP user community doing mission reviews. But as great a First-person Shooter as that sim was, it was a crappy flight simulator. And I was sourly disappointed when I tried to get it to make use of my new pedals. Unfortunately the sim would only recognize the first controller in the list with no way to change controllers in the game.
More recently I picked up Air Assault 2. I was excited to get a new Helo sim, and because it was released in 2007 I figured it just HAD to be able to pick up a set of pedals. Sadly I was mistaken. Like OFP it would only recognize one control device, and only the first device in the list. So not only could I not get it to recognize two different control devices like MS CFS2, MS CFS3, or IL-2, but I had to unplug the Yolk and peddles just to get my X-45 to be the first device in the list! The ultimate insult to injury was when Air Assault 2 crashed my computer every time I got near water. I've since shelved the game figuring it as a loss.

So, Here's my question, Doe anyone know of a chopper simulator that will recognize a HOTAS joystick AND a set of peddles? Let me know.

Calamity
Calamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 03:05 PM   #2
Ubergeek87
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 15

DCS: Blackshark, X-Plane, FSX, FS2004.

I'm not sure about the Enemy Engaged games or Longbow, but they probably work.

Ubergeek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 03:08 PM   #3
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Hi Calamity Welcome Aboard

Try this link for #1 http://www.helosim.com/

FSX Gold has alot of choppers and I can link you to 3 other sites for free downloads for any helio you can think of and some more missions to boot.

At this time I have over 100 new missions and planes\helios in my FSX Gold install

FSX Gold is a deluxe edition with the Accellorater pak included. You can do soooo much more with it.

Hope this was of some help. PM me for other sites if interested.

edit: I have X52 joystick and Yoke with the pedals. wouldn't fly any other way.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote