SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-13, 01:28 PM   #16
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

As a non-german, I would say that although we should not minimise what happened in WW2, post war Germany and Germans have nothing to apologize for. Since 1945, Germany has apologised and atoned more than anyone could reasonably expect. Its more than time to turn the page and move on. Germany has to asume its proper role in Europe and the world and that will not happan as long as Germans feels guilty about what happened three generations ago.

Now as to Japan, don't get me started...
Old 01-18-13, 09:17 PM   #17
AndreasT
A-ganger

Downloads: 147

Sailor Steve this ia a typical discussion in Germany in my opinion, always with a hand before ones mouth. By the way you know the Modern German Submarines are the best in the world.
You know German Engineering.
AndreasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-13, 10:05 AM   #18
AndreasT
A-ganger

Downloads: 147

Here is another video about modern German U-boats. Yes soorry it is in German but interesting.
AndreasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 05:31 PM   #19
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I had relatives on both sides during WW2 which put me in a strange place. My greatest memory as a young lad having holidays in and around Oldenburg Germany during the 50s and 60s. It was the German men talking to my dad, an English boy soldier who joined up at 15 that I recall with fondness. The men cracked open bottles of Becks bier and the cigar box was passed around. The stories soon turned to the war, one of my German relatives who had a false arm with a metal hook loudly exclaimed, "we only lost the war because we did not have Churchill" The laughter boomed and bottles where raised and clinked and everyone said cheers with German accents . These where wonderful times for me and I learned a lot about the human Spirit, a Spirit not concerned with National prides or politics, but what we have in common as people. When we loose that human identity into cesspit of political ideals, we loose everything that is great about being human.