SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-10, 05:15 AM   #1
Darkreaver1980
Loader

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Critical hits for deck gun

Tired about shooting 50 rounds of high explosive shells into a small merchant like its a soft gun? Falling asleep while you try to sink a large tanker with your 88mm gun?

This is now history!

Critical hits v1.1 enables critical hits on all enemy ships. Its pretty random, you could still shot 20 rounds into a merchant and allmost nothing happens but with some luck you will blow up the wohle ship with 1-2 hits making the wohle game alot more exciting.

Warning! This is not for you if you like 100% realism, because all enemys ship will likely blow up much faster than before. Larger ships are still harder to sink, it just makes using the deck gun much more rewarding. In stock SH 5, i allways use time compression + ai gunner to destroy merchant ships, because its just boring to watch and that isnt fun at all

The good thing is that you will see if you score a critical hit. No more 20 explosions while the hull is still at 90%. If you see a huge explosion than the ship will sink with high chances.

This applys to AP and HE shells. HE shells are around 40% more effective vs merchants than AP shells

Let me know how you like it, maybe i still need to change some values.

I made myself a savegame and sunk the merchant 8 times while i counted the number of shells needed to sink the small merchant:

The same with a large Tanker:

Install JSGME right in the SH 5 Folder than unpack this zip into the JSGME Mod Folder and enable it.

Have fun

Version 1.2: Lowered all Damage by 25%. A shot can now do up to 3 times the stock damage

Get it here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8721542/Criticalhitsv1.2.zip
Link to my critical hits for torpedos mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163930

Last edited by Darkreaver1980; 04-18-11 at 06:42 AM.
Darkreaver1980 is offline   Reply With Quote