SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #151
SkulSS
Seaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
This mod is epic!

Does version 2.25 have an English version?
Hi! Change language in Main menu - Options
SkulSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:07 AM   #152
BezimiennyPL
Nub
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 2
Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default

Witam czy w tym modzie Cold WAters jest też język Polski???
BezimiennyPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:25 AM   #153
NeonsStyle
Frogman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Australia
Posts: 291
Downloads: 158
Uploads: 0


Default

[Rant Mode] lol

I love this mod for it's gameplay and visuals. However there's
a huge problem with the global campaign in that often the enemy
target mission either never shows up, or the instructions in the
briefing are so screwed up by google translate, that you just can't
understand them.

Currently I have a mission (2nd in a row) of defend Eastern seaboard from
Russian Cruise Missile subs. The atlantic is nearly always empty of Russian contacts and this mission, they just don't show up. Weeks of waiting and nothing. Missions should time out when they fail to show up without effecting the war. It's not my fault if the enemy change it's mind lol.

[Rant Over] lol

Cheers

Neon
__________________
NeonsStyle - YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyle...e_polymer=true

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #154
SkulSS
Seaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0


Default Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.26 Available now!

Changes in Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.26 (update 20.11.20):

-Fix a critical bug that caused some mods to not start immediately after installation (dictionary_message_log)
​-New submarine, new torpedoes and missiles on it
-Fixes and managed Chinese SUBMARINES + one new modification
​-Redesigned the darkness at a depth of
-Redesigned the behaviour of the enemy SUBMARINES while avoiding the torpedoes
-Fixes campaign NATO
-Fixes for some submarines
-The set-65M was removed from 1984
​-Sea Lance replaced by SUBROC (while with a torpedo)
-Towed Array can be released at periscope depth
-Redesigned some interface elements, etc.

Download here: Cold Waters Epic Mod

SkulSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:33 PM   #155
El Whacko
Whac-A-Squirrel Underdog
 
El Whacko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,828
Downloads: 341
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkulSS View Post
Changes in Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.26 (update 20.11.20):

-Fix a critical bug that caused some mods to not start immediately after installation (dictionary_message_log)
​-New submarine, new torpedoes and missiles on it
-Fixes and managed Chinese SUBMARINES + one new modification
​-Redesigned the darkness at a depth of
-Redesigned the behaviour of the enemy SUBMARINES while avoiding the torpedoes
-Fixes campaign NATO
-Fixes for some submarines
-The set-65M was removed from 1984
​-Sea Lance replaced by SUBROC (while with a torpedo)
-Towed Array can be released at periscope depth
-Redesigned some interface elements, etc.

Download here: Cold Waters Epic Mod


I have the Cold Waters version 2.21, and I am wondering if I would need to install all the previous updates, or can I jump from 2.21 to 2.26?
Also, how would I install the update?

TIA
__________________
Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination

Check out my YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjs..._as=subscriber



Formerly known as the beast
El Whacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:03 PM   #156
SKIPPER80
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 24
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I have the Cold Waters version 2.21, and I am wondering if I would need to install all the previous updates, or can I jump from 2.21 to 2.26?
Also, how would I install the update?

TIA
  1. Roll back 2.21 to the original clean CW 1.15 with installer.
  2. Remove Mods folder.
  3. Put unzipped content of 2.26 in the CW folder and re-install EM in the same way as before.
SKIPPER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:49 AM   #157
NeonsStyle
Frogman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Australia
Posts: 291
Downloads: 158
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPER80 View Post
  1. Roll back 2.21 to the original clean CW 1.15 with installer.
  2. Remove Mods folder.
  3. Put unzipped content of 2.26 in the CW folder and re-install EM in the same way as before.
I did this, but now CW is in Russian and I can't understand a single menu item. Before in 2.5 it was englisnh. Is there an english version of 2.6? Because I had to follow those instructions, I've lost the save game for the YouTube series I was doing, so I need to start another asap.
__________________
NeonsStyle - YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyle...e_polymer=true

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 03:17 AM   #158
M134
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 47
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonsStyle View Post
I did this, but now CW is in Russian and I can't understand a single menu item. Before in 2.5 it was englisnh. Is there an english version of 2.6? Because I had to follow those instructions, I've lost the save game for the YouTube series I was doing, so I need to start another asap.
English is in options.

Do you have a discord? If yes - find me there and we can work something for your save. Campaign saves can be repaired in EM.

I am Dot. #7424
M134 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:11 AM   #159
NeonsStyle
Frogman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Australia
Posts: 291
Downloads: 158
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
English is in options.

Do you have a discord? If yes - find me there and we can work something for your save. Campaign saves can be repaired in EM.

I am Dot. #7424
I tried the options, but it's in Russian and can't see anything that might look like a language option. I tried to add you, but it gave an error with #7424
add me, I'm NeonsStyle #7371

I looked through the config.txt also but couldn't find anything about that either.
__________________
NeonsStyle - YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyle...e_polymer=true

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:36 AM   #160
M134
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 47
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonsStyle View Post
I tried the options, but it's in Russian and can't see anything that might look like a language option. I tried to add you, but it gave an error with #7424
add me, I'm NeonsStyle #7371

I looked through the config.txt also but couldn't find anything about that either.
Sent a friend request. Looks like it is required to chat since we dont have servers we're both connected to. Interesting... you're not on CW server?
M134 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #161
NeonsStyle
Frogman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Australia
Posts: 291
Downloads: 158
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
Sent a friend request. Looks like it is required to chat since we dont have servers we're both connected to. Interesting... you're not on CW server?
Accepted. No, I didn't know there was a CW server. Send me a link on discord please
__________________
NeonsStyle - YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyle...e_polymer=true

Hit me up in the Comments or Discussion on my channel or message me on:

NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #162
Branull
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Spain
Posts: 1
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default LOVE THE NEW BOAT!!

thanks for making the game 10,000 times better. (waiting for a Spanish submarine hehe)




https://ibb.co/Vp09hrn

Last edited by Branull; 12-03-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Branull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:56 AM   #163
steel shark
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 264
Downloads: 45
Uploads: 22
Default new mods up

i made time this morning to make


5.6 - Epic mod ver 2.26 tweaks Ver 6 (VI)

&

Epic mod ver 2.26 Tweaked files Ver 6 VI Depth & SnS Comp Hide Mod



these have a few improvements ive done to various files and of course the new stuff in epic mod 2.26


they in the :

Downloads Coldwaters / Gameplay / Section



im away for a few days now helping a friend out



L8r,s @ll


Steel Shark
__________________
"History is Written by the Victors."
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #164
r_scientist
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello everyone,
I need help. How on earth am I supposed to get anything done with a whisky long bin? I am in a 1964 campaign and four torpedoes aren't enough. and the missiles are surface launch only. Any tips and Ideas for its use? I am filled with despair.

thanks in advance
SCIENCE
r_scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #165
steel shark
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 264
Downloads: 45
Uploads: 22
Default your not suppose too

a whisky long bin is basically a whisky with missile tubes bolted on the to conning tower you better change it to correct load out


hears a standard whisky class in epic mod

wp_68_ss_whiskey_un

[Weapon Systems]
TorpedoTypes=wp_set-65,wp_saet-60m,wp_53-65M
TorpedoNumbers=8,4,8


hears the long bin class


wp_68_ssgn_whiskeylb_un

[Weapon Systems]
TorpedoTypes=wp_53-65M,wp_set-65
TorpedoNumbers=4,0


so you need to copy the default standard whiskey load out to the long bin

how to change it

follow this path to find vessels


Cold Waters\MODS\1. Основной мод - Epic Mod 2.26 (Main Mod)\ColdWaters_Data\StreamingAssets\override\vess els

should be this at end it keeps adding a gap on this messenger typer

StreamingAssets\override\vessels


yours might be different but the coldwaters and after will be valid if you cant find it try a search with windows so :


WINDOWS 7 = Windows logo key + F

WINDOWS 8 = Windows logo Key + F

WINDOWS 10 = Windows logo key + Q


then look for coldwaters ect in search

once in vessels find the whiskeyLb then copy this text in between the brackets from this message


===============================================

[Weapon Systems]
TorpedoTypes=wp_set-65,wp_saet-60m,wp_53-65M
TorpedoNumbers=8,4,8

===============================================


then over write it on the whiskey long bin class

you will need to remove the mod then re add it after for changes to take effect & any other mods ect


bear in mind this epic mod load out is very generous on my mod its all 100% accurate for better or for worse


hears the actual load out of a standard whisky

Armament:
6 × 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes (4 bow + 2 stern) for:
12 × torpedoes or,
22 × mines
1 × single-mounted 25 mm (1.0 in) AA gun
2 × single-mounted 57 mm (2.2 in) AA gun

Long bin also had

four SS-N-3 Shaddock cruise missiles

guns were optional but mostly removed in real life to remove drag on this sub & noise


also on my mod campaigns & single missions are vessel specific so the assigned missions are designed for that particular platform of vessel so :


SSBN campaign

SSGN campaign

SSN campaign

SS campaign

also SSB & SSG vessels included as they all diesel powered


which in turn are 50,s to 2020,s year selectable


this was done because i relised ages back that you use the right tool for the the right job as it was very unrealistic to expect diesel boats to have the -range / weapons load / endurance - of nuclear boats


REMEMBER tho that coldwaters was originally Nuclear only subs hence this point only became an issue with playable subs & epic mod introducing diesel vessels


i corrected this on my Epic W@ters mod for play subs quite a while back

hence my vessels type campaign and single missions Expansion efforts


Steel Shark
__________________
"History is Written by the Victors."

Last edited by steel shark; 12-18-2020 at 01:27 PM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.