SUBSIM Radio Room Forums



SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Modern Naval Warfare
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #136
kpv1974
Seaman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 32
Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default

>> I really hope that this game succeeds. I think we've all been waiting WAY TOO LONG for the next, "Dangerous Waters". Seriously. Where are all the modern times based, indy subsims at? Why are 99% of the sims WWII Uboat sims? Modern subsim stuff is such an untapped area that has so much potential! I really do hope that this subsim succeeds so much. From what it looks like, this is what I've been looking for for YEARS.


I would not be so optimistic
kpv1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:31 PM   #137
UglyMowgli
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 663
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

Well WW II sims are "easier" to code and develop since there is tons of documentation, reports, blueprints,....

Serious modern sub sims have to deal with a void of information and rely only on open source documents with all the variations on the data. And the Silent Service is loudly silent so the devs have to speculate on almost everything, except maybe the color of the CO chair.
__________________
Do we have a backup plan?
Yes. Kill everyone on sight.
I like it. Can we make it the main?
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:25 AM   #138
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Icy North
Posts: 690
Downloads: 188
Uploads: 0
Default

Actually it's because the prevailing perception is that 'WW2: Guaranteed sale' whereas Cold War, modern day is seen as abstract and scary. I had to pitch very hard, for years, the concept that ended up becoming Cold Waters.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:47 PM   #139
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant
 
skin-nl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GlanerBrucke
Posts: 344
Downloads: 193
Uploads: 0
Default

@Maslas

Will there be a physical release with a big user guide?

The game looks very awesome...definitely a must buy for me
__________________
skin-nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:06 PM   #140
UglyMowgli
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 663
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

Big one like the one we used to have with Microprose in the 90's? No.


User guides are just a big waste of paper , describing the menus, buttons, screens, .... but never the howto and more importantly the why to use them in a given situation.



I think some will wrote a good tactical guide with missions to play to learn the ropes of the game in depth.
__________________
Do we have a backup plan?
Yes. Kill everyone on sight.
I like it. Can we make it the main?
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:48 PM   #141
maslas
MNW Dev
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 44
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin-nl View Post
@Maslas

Will there be a physical release with a big user guide?

The game looks very awesome...definitely a must buy for me

Since we are old timers like others in this forum, seeing MNW on a printed version "even a limited one" is like a dream to come true. Getting a hard copy in hand and waiting to check out the contents inside it was the real magic, even the printed label of the floppies was cool to see.

But believe it or not, the decision to a printable version of MNW means a delay in the release from 1 to 6 months depending on various reasons (the size of the book is one of the many).
Furthermore, the publisher might take the initiative to create a printed limited edition after release only if he is absolutely sure that a specific amount of copies are sold for sure else the initiative won't be profitable to him.


Is there a way to make a poll on this thread?


Should a MNW printed version be released?

a. I don't care about papers and boxes just give MNW to the people.
b. If there is a printed version in the day of release I might buy it.
c. I would definitely wait for the additional days for the printed release.
d. Are you serious, I would buy limited edition even a year after release.
__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:09 PM   #142
UglyMowgli
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 663
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0


Default

a)


Save the trees. I am a treehugger.



__________________
Do we have a backup plan?
Yes. Kill everyone on sight.
I like it. Can we make it the main?
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #143
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!
 
FPSchazly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 752
Downloads: 11
Uploads: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
Since we are old timers like others in this forum, seeing MNW on a printed version "even a limited one" is like a dream to come true. Getting a hard copy in hand and waiting to check out the contents inside it was the real magic, even the printed label of the floppies was cool to see.

But believe it or not, the decision to a printable version of MNW means a delay in the release from 1 to 6 months depending on various reasons (the size of the book is one of the many).
Furthermore, the publisher might take the initiative to create a printed limited edition after release only if he is absolutely sure that a specific amount of copies are sold for sure else the initiative won't be profitable to him.


Is there a way to make a poll on this thread?


Should a MNW printed version be released?

a. I don't care about papers and boxes just give MNW to the people.
b. If there is a printed version in the day of release I might buy it.
c. I would definitely wait for the additional days for the printed release.
d. Are you serious, I would buy limited edition even a year after release.

You have to make a new thread for the poll
__________________
Your friendly neighborhood modern submarine YouTuber.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:18 PM   #144
maslas
MNW Dev
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 44
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
You have to make a new thread for the poll

Done...


https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...21&postcount=1



Good idea!


__________________
SV1QZN - 73
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:04 PM   #145
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant
 
skin-nl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GlanerBrucke
Posts: 344
Downloads: 193
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
But believe it or not, the decision to a printable version of MNW means a delay in the release from 1 to 6 months depending on various reasons (the size of the book is one of the many).
Furthermore, the publisher might take the initiative to create a printed limited edition after release only if he is absolutely sure that a specific amount of copies are sold for sure else the initiative won't be profitable to him.
Thanks Maslas for the reply

We need no delay
But a printed limited edition after release would be nice
__________________
skin-nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dangerous waters , modern naval , modern sub

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.