SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-10, 01:13 PM   #61
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 702
Uploads: 37

Quote:
Is the EAX mod still compatible with TMO 2.0 + latest beta update? What about SonarTargetFix2?
TMO 2.0 is ok, beta seems to have one additional sound
effect which is not included in EAX.
vickers03 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 02:13 PM   #62
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Love this mod, I had it installed wrong for a while...embarassing but now I have, it works, great job.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 09:08 AM   #63
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
TMO 2.0 is ok, beta seems to have one additional sound
effect which is not included in EAX.
Ok thanks vickers03!

I agree with Bubblehead1980, this is a must have mod!

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 12:36 PM   #64
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCaptain View Post
Ok thanks vickers03!

I agree with Bubblehead1980, this is a must have mod!

remember if using TMO to change the name before you put it in the mods folder and enable it via JSGME, causes a conflict if you dont and will have trouble disabling it if needed, did to me a while back.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 01:24 PM   #65
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Another must is Pouls, but rather than load Pouls, just exchange all the sounds you want in Pouls to your sound files. I DL'ed Pouls, but only added the sounds I liked to my game. If you find a sound in Pouls you like it's already has the exact path, so just copy it, paste and let it overwrite the game sound file.

I also added many other sounds, like glass breaking, sparks, creaks, ect..Just find better wav files and rename them and use them. When my sub takes a charge hit it sounds like things are really going to pieces, even got plates breaking. I did get rid of the throwing up file....lil too much.

There are many good sound files from movies I've added. Tweaking it, my sub is all american sounding and very active, not the boring generic sounds.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 09:44 PM   #66
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Some great sounds I've used, live recordings from a 60's sub, but some good sounds for fleetboats.

http://www.flamincaiman.org/gallery/sounds.php
Old 10-29-10, 02:44 AM   #67
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
There are many good sound files from movies I've added. Tweaking it, my sub is all american sounding and very active, not the boring generic sounds.
Armistead, would you mind uploading your sound files? What you've done sounds great. I'm editing some of mine to add more torpedo impact noises and the like but i have limited spare time, so unfortunately it's going to take a while for me to get a significant amount of work done.

I'd love to try out what you've done if it's not a hassle
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 05:48 AM   #68
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Let me finish it it and I'll upload a copy, but I wouldn't call it a mod as I've just taken sounds from Pouls, Row, some of Steves and Lare and added my some I've found on the net. I guess it would be OK, have to check to make sure I ain't stepping on someones toes.

I posted this link, but from the Caiman, someone recorded sounds. A 60s sub, but some good stuff. Some of it's just fun, like hearing men cussing over the interference coming from the movie..The other one amazing to listen to is where they try to surface in rough seas, one is "close the hatch quick" They decided to surface, stormy and after cracking the hatch, decided to slam it and go to snorkel, then the snorkel is full of water...good stuff. I did use a few of the others that made sense.

Last edited by Armistead; 10-29-10 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-29-10, 06:11 AM   #69
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Let me finish it it and I'll upload a copy, but I wouldn't call it a mod as I've just taken sounds from Pouls, Row, some of Steves and Lare and added my some I've found on the net. I guess it would be OK, have to check to make sure I ain't stepping on someones toes
Of course

Thanks for that link as well, should come in handy!
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 08:16 AM   #70
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
remember if using TMO to change the name before you put it in the mods folder and enable it via JSGME, causes a conflict if you dont and will have trouble disabling it if needed, did to me a while back.
I installed the EAX mod with TMO2 and Beta. But what do
mean by "change the name" of what before putting in
MODsfolder?
Old 10-29-10, 08:50 AM   #71
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 702
Uploads: 37

Quote:
I installed the EAX mod with TMO2 and Beta. But what do
mean by "change the name" of what before putting in
MODsfolder?
i think it's not necessary anymore, first release of EAX had
a very long directory name which causes problems with JSGME
but the actual version already have a shorter name.
vickers03 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 09:08 AM   #72
Armistead
Rear Admiral

I think EAX main file includes different mods for TMO, Stock, ect...After you extract you need to open the folder and pick the mod folder for your version...right now I think TMO just has a 1.9 version, but works fine, just sound files. Seems like they may be broken out seperatly now in the mods forum, in that case just DL the one you need.....
Old 10-29-10, 06:48 PM   #73
TheBrauerHour
Mr. Eastwood

Downloads: 18

Quote:
Let me finish it it and I'll upload a copy, but I wouldn't call it a mod as I've just taken sounds from Pouls, Row, some of Steves and Lare and added my some I've found on the net. I guess it would be OK, have to check to make sure I ain't stepping on someones toes.

I posted this link, but from the Caiman, someone recorded sounds. A 60s sub, but some good stuff. Some of it's just fun, like hearing men cussing over the interference coming from the movie..The other one amazing to listen to is where they try to surface in rough seas, one is "close the hatch quick" They decided to surface, stormy and after cracking the hatch, decided to slam it and go to snorkel, then the snorkel is full of water...good stuff. I did use a few of the others that made sense.
I too am interested in trying out your sound package. I hope you are indeed able to release it. I love some of the Caiman sounds.
TheBrauerHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 07:29 PM   #74
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

should this thing be installed 1st or last? the readme says install 1st but surely if i install TM after it TM will copy over the sound files?

it wants to overwrite particle files, they arent sound related are they?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 11:31 PM   #75
White Owl
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 2

I would also be interested in knowing what that particles.dat file has to do with the sounds, since it conflicts with the excellent different smoke mod. I tried splicing both mods together in SH3ditor mostly as an educational experiment, but I don't know enough yet to make it work. I'm running a pretty thick mod soup based on RFB and RSRDC. Using EAX's sounds and the smoke mod's particles.dat seems to work pretty well... but I don't know what effects I might be missing from EAX this way.
"Ship?" he called. "Yup?" said the ship. "Do what I do." The ship thought about this for a few milliseconds and then, after double checking all the seals on its heavy duty bulkheads, it began slowly, inexorably, in the hazy blaze of its lights, to sink to the lowest depths.
White Owl is offline   Reply With Quote