SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-02-12, 09:55 AM   #16
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
After 17 years of using Internet Explorer, I am moving to Chrome. I found an extension that gets rid of the hideous underlined links, I've moved and arranged my complex array of favorites, and bumped the Chrome icon to the primer spot on my Quick Launch.

Welcome to the brotherhood!

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 02:41 PM   #17
LtzS_Petersen
Captain

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

I thought the Navigator is the first choice for Subsim...
Old 05-16-20, 09:27 AM   #18
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Resurrection !

Well, been having a lot of trouble with Chrome the last 3 months, slow, not loading pages, stuck... I tried a few remedies like flushing DNS, reinstalling and updating, checking for malware... no luck.

Switched to Firefox. Sigh, have to go through the getting used to slight formatting differences in the browser optics but at least it works.
Onkel Neal is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 03:34 PM   #19
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Good grief man why are you using slash and burn tactics, when Firefox starts to run slow are you going to change browser again?, it won't be long before you've run out of browsers and what then? you should have tried Chromes cleanup tool and if that didn't work then you can dump the bloody browser.

Chrome Cleanup Tool Download
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...-cleanup-tool/
Old 05-16-20, 06:31 PM   #20
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

You just guilted me from burning Chrome at the stake.

Wait, why would I want to download a Chrome cleanup tool from some random website, shouldn't it come from Google?
Old 05-17-20, 04:17 AM   #21
Moonlight
Admiral

Jesus bleeding Christ you never even bothered to click on the link, if you had you would have read the information below.

Quote:
BLEEPINGCOMPUTER REVIEW:
The Chrome Cleanup Tool is a program written by Google that will scan a computer for programs that cause problems in Google Chrome. The targeted applications are potentially unwanted programs, malware, badware, and adware extensions that cause advertisements or other wanted actions to appear in Chrome.

Using the Chrome Cleanup Tool is very easy. Simply download it, run it, and let it scan your computer for unwanted programs. If it detects any unwanted programs, it will alert you and wait for you to remove them. Once the programs are removed, it will reset Google back to its default settings.

It is important to note that after the Chrome Cleanup Tool has finished running and you close the program, it will automatically delete itself. So do not be surprised if you run it once, but are unable to find it again when you attempt to run it at a later date.
When someone takes the time to post a possible fix for your problem you could at least investigate it, it must have been a difficult life for you.
Old 05-17-20, 01:11 PM   #22
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

No, I didn't click on the link, I did highlight Chrome Cleanup Tool and search it. I did investigate it. That tool was discontinued by Google and is not supported, there is a new clean up tool integrated in Google Chrome. I don't download stuff unless I am pretty satisfied it's legit.
Old 05-17-20, 03:25 PM   #23
Moonlight
Admiral

No need to explain yourself old boy as I would be just as careful as you have been, I think I'm experiencing the first symptoms of lockdown fever you know, one of its side effects is yanking peoples chain when ever I get the urge.