SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-09, 10:19 PM   #46
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
New Missions

Old 08-16-09, 10:55 PM   #47
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut View Post

My pleasure, sir.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Old 09-03-09, 04:27 PM   #48
Vortimous
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

I cant seem to get these missions to work. I DL the file, unziped it (or rared it) then I can see it under JSGME. I added the folder from the left to the right, but when I start the game, I cant find any of the missions. Where do I need to look for them. This is the first time I am useing new missions and I have version 1.5. Also, none of the mobs I seem to use with JSGME are working. I know they use to when I was running XP, but now I have vista and nothing seems to be working mod wise as it should....

Any ideas?

"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!"
Old 09-03-09, 05:25 PM   #49
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortimous View Post
none of the mobs I seem to use with JSGME are working. Any ideas?
it sounds like you didnt install jsgme correctly, if your using windows xp and you installed the game in the default directory then the jsgme should be installed in the main "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" folder usually found in your program files directory inside a folder named "Ubisoft" but since you have vista you go to wherever you installed the game to.

the problem with vista is that it causes issues with games so all your games should be istalled in another directory and not in the programs directory so its up to you to make sure jsgme installs in the correct place. a simple solution is to install jsgme to your desktop then drag and drop the files where they need to be. its sometimes easier this way than figuring out the correct file path for the installer.

Old 09-03-09, 05:33 PM   #50
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default vortimus

Try this.
1. Drag a mission file folder that is not working and that is in the single mission folder to the desk top.
2. Open the dragged file folder. If the mission file (mis.) is a file that you see when you click on the dragged folder, the foldler/file are in order, and restore the dragged folder back to the single mission folder. Make sure the dragged folder has the same name as the mission file.
3. If however, you see another folder (I will refer to it as the "subfolder.") which you are required to open before you see the mis. file, that could be the problem. In this case, drag the subfolder and its contents to the single mission folder and delete the empty master folder that is still on your desk top. Make sure the name of the subfolder matches the name of mission.

That might solve the problem, and if it does, you owe my crew 10 gallons of ice cream.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 09-03-09 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-03-09, 06:31 PM   #51
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Webster

I hear that in Louisiana it residents mow their lawns every spring so they can find their cars!
Old 09-04-09, 02:13 PM   #52
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

@ I'm goin' down, donut, Lt commander lare

Please check your PMs.

Old 09-04-09, 02:49 PM   #53
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default cdrsubron's easter egg hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
@ I'm goin' down, donut, Lt commander lare

Please check your PMs.
Expecting something from cdrsubron's Easter Egg Hunt, I opened my PM. Whoa! Tricked again! APRIL FOOL. (Nada, Nothing, No Message.) My weekend is ruined, I leave for Afganistan in an hour, I will probably get killed, and will never see it. The last great unfinished dream of my life....
Old 09-04-09, 03:46 PM   #54
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I hear that in Louisiana it residents mow their lawns every spring so they can find their cars!

well we do have things get lost out there if you forget to clean up lol.

in summer its so hot that it produces almost regular rain showers every evening just from the heat convection effect so much so that you have to cut the grass twice a week (3 if it rains enough) so that it doesnt bog the blade down and choke the mower the heat and rain are like steriods for the grass and weeds to grow.

we need to do serious weed control in the spring and summer because its like a darn sci-fi weed monster that swallows up anything you havent move recently.

Old 09-04-09, 04:15 PM   #55
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Expecting something from cdrsubron's Easter Egg Hunt, I opened my PM. Whoa! Tricked again! APRIL FOOL. (Nada, Nothing, No Message.) My weekend is ruined, I leave for Afganistan in an hour, I will probably get killed, and will never see it. The last great unfinished dream of my life....

Ok, I coulda sworn I sent a PM out, but old age is creeping up on me fast, so maybe I didn't. Anyway, what I wanted to contact you about was a new mission I have just about completed. I was wondering if you wanted to give it a trail spin? If interested I'll post a link here tonight after I get home from work. Sorry about the PM.

Old 09-04-09, 04:20 PM   #56
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Me also

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Ok, I coulda sworn I sent a PM out, but old age is creeping up on me fast, so maybe I didn't. Anyway, what I wanted to contact you about was a new mission I have just about completed. I was wondering if you wanted to give it a trail spin? If interested I'll post a link here tonight after I get home from work. Sorry about the PM.
Please
Old 09-04-09, 04:24 PM   #57
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut View Post
Please

Done!

I'll post a link for the mission here later tonight. I call the mission Tawi Recon.

Old 09-04-09, 06:15 PM   #58
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default got the PM

I'll try it if that god damn sniper would take a break and go home for tea, flaffels, sheep's brains, tabouli and a visit his favorite camel or donkey.
Old 09-04-09, 09:18 PM   #59
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

OK, here you go guys. As I said the name of the mission is Tawi Recon. As per my usual with most missions it was created using TMO v1.7 and the latest versions of RSRDC. I didn't bother making the mission JSGME ready as I figure you guys know where the mission goes. All you'll need to do is do a copy and paste to your SingleMissions folder. Please let me know what you think of it and any other comments you might think that are appropriate or printable.

Tawi Recon

Old 09-05-09, 03:54 PM   #60
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default Tawi Recon Report

Report: 012544 2045 hrs. Long 120 16' E. Lat. 5 49' N. Crew at battle stations. Repair team fully engaged. 10 injured. 0 killed.

Encountered frequent enemy aerial recon throughout the day. 2 enemy fighters destroyed/damaged. Barbarinna damaged and repaired.

1848 hrs. Enemy task force spotted. Determine to consist of 6 ships: 2 carriers, 3 destroyers, 1 unidentified vessel.
2021 hrs. Ship Sunk. Shokalu fleet carrier. 29000 tons. Long 120 15' E. Lat. 4 51' N.
2022 hrs. Ship Sunk. Hiyu fleet carrier. 28949 tons. Long 120 16' E. Lat 5 50' N.
2023 hrs. Barbarinna attacked by 3 destroyers and takes evasive manuevers to avoid depth charges.

2044 hrs. Depth: 100 feet. Forward compartment flooded, but appears controlled. Repairs underway have stablized the boat. All forward tubes destroyed. Aft tubes intact. Reserve torpedoes: 4 aft loading.

10 nm from recon desitination. Heavily defended. Request permission to abort mission due to heavy flooding and damage to foward torpedoe tubes.

Save us some ice cream.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 09-05-09 at 04:16 PM.
Closed Thread