Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-10, 05:50 AM   #15
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SF Problems

Kc; sorry to hear about your family problems! What a streak of badluck!!!!Did you break a mirror????? Sorry about your cat too I have a female cat of my own who 's also 9!!!!

And Sf is giving you grief too!!!! Unbelievable. I can't do anything about your wife and son except my best wishes for a speedy recovery .AS for SF here's what I can tell you:

if I remember well your computer has low specs? Refrsh my memory please!!! The minimum specs for the game to start are minimum 3 gigahertz processor speed,( my own is only 2 gigs through and the game runs fine because I have 4 gbs of RAM, and a solid graphic cards with minimum 512 dedicated and double(1028) shared) 1.5 gbs of RAM( although this is rather limited in my opinion), a graphic card with minimum 256 mbs dedicated( they say 128 but I frankly doubt that the game would run properly.I tried on one of my latops with such a cards and the fps were in the order of 4 to 5 ) and at least 3 ggbs of free hard disk space.

However the reason for the game to crash with such a message might be that there's something missing in your files or you haven't got Direct X 9c installed on your pc.Make sure you have it and that you have that Dir. 9C installed or that your sound drivers are also up-to-date.

If neither of the above is your problem then I suggest that you re-install the game into the C: drive making sure you have removed all the files form the previous instal.

Below in bold letters I have pasted what I have from my own SF installation manual.This may help you find out what the problem is:Cheers and better luck!!!!

Recommended:
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200\Intel Pentium D 3GHz
Memory RAM 1,5 Gb
Video ATI Radeon x1600\nVidia GeForce 7600 256Mb
Operational system Windows XP SP2

ATTENTION!
- If you are having problems installing the game or the game won't start (Windows 2000 or Windows XP Service Pack 1), it is necessary to install an updated version of vcredist_x86.exe and Microsoft .NET Framwork 2.0 (dotnetfx.exe), which can be found on the game's installation DVD in a folder called REDIST. It is also recommended to install DirectX 9.0c, which can be found inside the REDIST folder as well.
- The game dos not work on nVidia GeForce FX video cards.
- The game requires a CPU with SSE instructions.
- The game my not work correctly if the CPU or the video card are overclocked.

2 Installation

Install DirectX 9.0c if it is not installed. Make sure to have the latest drivers for your ATI or nVidia video card installed. Run setup.exe and follow the installation instructions. You can start Steel Fury from the menu under Start\Programs\Lighthouse Interactive after installation is complete.

3 Controls

The "Default" control layout is specified in a file called user_controls.pdf. To change controls setting to your likings, choose Options\Controls from within the game.

4 Compatibility

The Game was tested on following CPUs:
- Intel Pentium IV 2,4GHz
- Intel Pentium IV 3GHz
- Intel Pentium D 3GHz
- AMD Athlon 2500 (Barton)
- AMD Athlon 64 3000
- AMD Athlon 64 3200
- AMD Athlon X2 4200

The Game was tested on following video cards:
- nVidia GeForce 6600
- nVidia GeForce 6800LE
- nVidia GeForce 6800
- nVidia GeForce 7600GS
- nVidia GeForce 7600GT
- nVidia GeForce 8800GTS
- ATI Radeon 9550

- ATI Radeon 9600
- ATI Radeon X600
- ATI Radeon X800
- ATI Radeon X1600

5 Mission Editor

The mission editor requires administrator rights to work. For the creation of height maps it is recommended to use a graphics editor that allows you to edit and save files as TGA. Gimp, a free graphics editor, allows you to work with TGA files. Get Gimp from www.gimp.org. It is desirable to save TGA files without compression (Note: Gimp saves compressed TGA files by default).

6 Known Issues

1) With single-core Intel CPUs, the game works about 30% slower than with equivalent AMD processors.
2) For the game to function correctly, it is desirable to have more than 768Mb system memory and 256Mb video memory.
3) The game does not work on nVidia GeForce FX cards!
4) Do not enable anti-aliasing within the video card's settings, as they do not affect the quality of the displayed graphics, but slow down the game considerably and could lead to visual artifacts on some video cards.
5) For the following ATI video cards, accelerated output (instancing) can be enabled: Radeon 9500, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800.
6) ATI Radeon 9600 video cards might display artifacts connected with some parts of the landscape "dropping out". As a workaround, pause the game, switch to the Desktop (Alt+TAB), start the DOS command line interface (Start > Run Program > type 'cmd' and hit Enter). After the DOS screen is open, press Alt+Enter and the screen resolution changes. Press Alt+Enter a few times, then close the DOS console again. Return to the game and continue playing.
7) ATI Radeon 9600 video cards might display a black or green screen after the game has loaded. As workaround, press F12 (the screenshot key) - this will bring the screen back to live. Continue playing.
8) For increased game performance, turn off active anti-virus software before you start playing.
9) The game requires SSE CPU instructions
10) The game might not work correctly or freeze if the CPU or video card is overclocked.
11) If the game locks-up or reboots the PC after a while, try to disable sound hardware acceleration, high quality sound or disable the sound completely. Also, try to update your sound card driver.
12) If the game was installed on Windows XP Service Pack 1, it is necessary to upgrade to Service Pack 2, or, enable Windows 95 Compatibility Mode for the game application and the game installer. In addition, it is required to install .NET Framework 2.0 as well.
13) Sound Blaster Live! Platinum 5.1 might cause the game to crash to the Desktop. It is recommended to update your sound card's drivers with the SB LiveDriveUni-Pack.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote