Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-01-10, 02:12 AM   #121
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Mods Enabling with SP 1.5 Beta

U-Schultz,

While the beta release includes all the previous improvements and vehicles added in previous mods 1.1, 1.2,1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 unofficial it does not include all the sounds and texture mods

.I personally have enabled in JSGME in my beta 1.5 install in order : the Frontline Accoustics 1.1, the Compass Mod v0.2, the Steel Sound Collection, the Free Camera mod, the Muddy and Dusty Textures 1.0,the Steel textures mod, Steel Panzer beta 1.5 , the Tiger VI epack( a recent mod which adds field camo for the Tiger I and better sounds for the MG34 in all German tanks ) and lastly the unoffical patch 1.0 engl. version.

You don't need some of the former mods like the Optic mod, the Trophy mod, the Tiger 0.97/.0.98 or 1.0 mods, the Hetzer mod, the Stug III D or F mods nor the T34./85 and T60 mods as they are now all incorporated in SP 1.5 beta.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 05:27 AM   #122
U-Schultz
Medic

Downloads: 73

Excellent!

Thanks again for the answer - now to get busy.
Old 10-02-10, 05:28 AM   #123
U-Schultz
Medic

Downloads: 73

Based on the post at the top of the page I may be having a problem.

Do the add-on (non stock) tanks have cockpits in 1.5?

Did 2 quick test missions and they show up fine in a stock tank (Pz IV - stock mission) but tried a (presumed) 1.5 mission (Russian operated Pz VI (Captured Tiger?)) and no cockpit.

In the past non stock tanks had no cockpits - is that still the case?
Old 10-03-10, 02:28 AM   #124
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Cockpits

U Schultz you don't have a problem.Most of the new tanks released by modders have no cockpits because making them is very time consuming.I guess it's task for some other modder with talent and dedication.
Old 10-15-10, 01:16 PM   #125
tigershuffle
Seaman

Hello..........whilst looking for a link to Frontline Acoustics mod, i stumbled accross this post.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph..._1942_The.html

seems a pretty good link for resources. Maybe you could sticky a link or even copy with the authors permission.

oh and i should add that the link in that post for the mediafire download link to all mods is fantastic!!

Last edited by tigershuffle; 10-15-10 at 02:00 PM.
tigershuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 06:04 PM   #126
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

tigershuffle, I'll have to see if I can add that link to the SF resources thread, I had a read through it and I like that it tells you about what the mod is, better than taking shots in the dark.

Also, sorry for being gone so long guys. I've been lurking the very forum I moderate!
Does anyone know how far along the (real) Steel Panzer 1.5 mod is? I'm eager to get my hands on it, going to download the beta and hope that holds me over for a while

EDIT:
I added the Tiger Enhancement mod to the mods list on the front page, a belated thanks to Shockwave
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!

Last edited by Sledgehammer427; 11-01-10 at 09:05 PM.
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 07:02 AM   #127
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Beta 1.5

My feeling Sledge is that the Alpha release may not come at all as I expected it would. Reading the threads of the Avia forum where the modders are active and I am getting the feeling that they are going to produce patches and fixes for the little bugs and then gradually release new missions ( piecemeal?) for the new vehicles :Elefant, Panther, T28, JS2 1944, T34/43, Jagdpanther etc.in the forms of mini campaigns or single missions and eventually new user-made missions will sprout. If I were you I wouldn't wait too much for an Alpha release and just downlaad the beta release and the patch and fixes.

To the resources I'll add my own common resolution and modified tech-cfg files for those who want to correct glaring errors in German and Soviet tank, guns and ammo specs. I have modified (corrected) armour thickness, quality, ammo load for the Tiger I,II,Panther ausf. D and T34/85 and T34/7r( German beutepanzer T34/76). My specs are the result of research from several sources.They make the German tanks stronger as per reality and the T34/85 not as strong (still potent) but as it really was. there was an interesting exchange on the Avia forum yesterday about a guy asking how whether the German hit coefficient - set at 0.1 compared to 0.3 for Soviet tanks - was not understated.The answer was " this is the value that was set by the developers in the original game").This would tend to reinforce my belief that the developers, as good patriots, might have wanted to skew the game in favour of their side.
Old 11-05-10, 11:50 PM   #128
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Frinik, those tweaks sound excellent. do you have a download yet?

TO ALL!
Please be sure to reference all people looking for Steel Fury mods to the second post in this thread. I've done what I can to keep up with the current mods releases, and please don't be afraid to let me know when something new is released, either by posting here or by PM.
Another thing that I request, I understand that a lot of mods are coming from the Sukhoi.ru forum, and I don't know if it's just my computer, but every link I've ever went to leading to that site brings me to a "brick wall."
I'm just asking, when you post links, try to post them directly from the download site, not the Sukhoi forum.
(edit, to give an example. look t the link fo the TigerEnhancement mod I just added to the resources thread, it goes straight to the download site)
I hate to be a pain in the arse, but I would like to bring the mods to the members here reliably and ASAP.
Thank you,
Sh427
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!

Last edited by Sledgehammer427; 11-06-10 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-06-10, 12:30 AM   #129
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Common res and Tech cfg files

Sledge my problem is that I don't have a download site.I wonder if I paste them directly on a post will they be accessible????
Old 11-06-10, 01:27 AM   #130
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

you can always get a Mediafire account. that's what I use to host my mods (links in my sig) and they won't randomly delete your files like Filefront does. it's free, by the way.
Old 12-20-10, 07:18 PM   #131
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

time to do some moderator stuff. Okay so here's what I'm going to do.

I would like to unmerge these two posts. I haven't heard of anyone playing Steel Panthers and I'm not seeing any interest being displayed on here. So I'm going to remove the Steel Panthers post and the mods links, and turn this thread into a Steel Fury discussion thread (since that's what it's become anyway )
while taking the mods+links page and turning it into a new post, so you guys can still discuss the current events in SF and the new guys can go straight to the mods without having to rifle through 5-6 pages of stuff.
-claps- time to get to work.
Old 01-22-11, 07:18 PM   #132
ontos
Watch

Downloads: 1

I hope this is the right thread to ask this, I tried to download the Steel Panzer 1.5 from the tanksim site, it sent me to a Russian download, the little timer went round but I can't find the file on my computer Any suggestions
ontos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 08:02 PM   #133
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

ontos, could you be so kind as to send me the download link you used?
perhaps I could figure out what happened, those russian download sites are a little sketchy sometimes.
Old 01-22-11, 09:02 PM   #134
ontos
Watch

Downloads: 1

This is the one I used. I switched the language to English when I downloaded. http://tanksim.org.ru/wfdownloads-singlefile.lid-71.htm
ontos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 09:54 PM   #135
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

hmmm.you know this is the link for the 1.3 version, we are on the 1.5 beta now, which is stable, in case you get a little psyched out by the beta tag.